Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

First KC comments I read were along the lines of "Worthy would have been there at 32 - would rather have taken Mitchell."

Might be a chess move by Beane.  Won't know for some time.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m disgusted. I don’t hate trading down. I hate giving the team that you can’t beat, the player that you couldnt allow them to have. Worthy in the Chiefs offense is going to be a nightmare. 

Please.  People need to stop with the Worthy comparisons to Hill.  Hill has 20 pounds on Worthy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Logic said:

Un-*****-believable.

We just handed the Chiefs THAT player?! 

We just handed the Chiefs the fastest player in combine history instead of taking him ourselves?

We just facilitated a Chiefs WR corps of Hollywood, Worthy, Rice? 

Perfect. Just perfect. 

But we hadddd to have that 3rd round pick, right?

Ridiculous. We're going to regret this. Why on EARTH would we help the Chiefs?

I just....Goddamnit. *****. *****.

I mean…they may end up being wrong but they only did that because they didn’t like worthy and thought he wouldn’t help the chiefs much to be fair lol 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

At our own biggest need nonetheless and a spot you expect them to scout and scheme very well… 

if this move haunts us in a few months it could cost jobs 

It should cost both McD & Bean their jobs if this comes back and bites the Bills in the butt.  As others have noted they must not have liked Worthy and KC loved him. Now to be fair the Chiefs have not exactly been great at drafting WR's the last few seasons.

• Agree 3

Love it. Worthy has questionable hands, and doesn't play as fast as you think.

Beane doesn't make that trade if he wanted Worthy. And I am glad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Just now, Roundybout said:

Feels like we panicked when Brian Thomas got picked by Jacksonville and we didn’t like any option at 28 so we took literally whatever we could get 

I seriously doubt they were expecting BTJ to drop much further.

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Here’s my issue, it doesn’t matter if we didn’t want Worthy. You don’t give Mahomes a speed receiver. It’s ok that Beane didn’t want Worthy, but there’s no way you take the risk of giving any help to Mahomes. Maybe the Chiefs draft Worthy at 32, but why be directly responsible for potentially watching Worthy catch deep passes against us in the playoffs? I just don’t get it. 

Our responsibility isn’t what KC does. We won’t draft players we don’t want so another team doesn’t. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Even if he is right with the trade the optics is horrible, not worth it because of all the off season negativity. 

if he’s wrong KC destroys the Bills using this player at some point in the future. 

minimal gain for too much pain

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

In EVERY single one of my MANY mock draft simulations, I actively rejected so many Chiefs trade offers.

In my most recent favorite mock, I traded back to 31, then rejected KC's trade-up offer and selected Worthy, which caused KC to change course and trade out of the 1st. Oddly prescient scenario.

Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

Bills weren’t going worthy, and they obviously have a guy in mind.  Get your guy and get a 3rd to either move up in the 2nd, or fill out the roster

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Roundybout said:

Feels like we panicked when Brian Thomas got picked by Jacksonville and we didn’t like any option at 28 so we took literally whatever we could get 

I think the Bills wanted the C from Duke.  Wouldn’t be surprised if we take JPJ or a WR at 32.  

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

It was beyond predictable that so many of you would act as if you all thought Xavier 160 lb Worthy was the next Randy Moss just as soon as KC picked him.

It's more the fact that Reid is much smarter than McDermott & will find a way to take advantage of that speed.

Paired with Mahomes, it's going to be one more guy the Bills helped the Chiefs get that can possibly hurt them. You're acting like Tyreek Hill's tenure on the Chiefs didn't teach us anything.

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Considering we drafted Gabe Davis and Khalil Shakir after KC took Mecole Hardman and Skyy Moore, maybe....

Tyreek hill, rice, Kelce,

Mahomes, o line hits

They got way more hits on offence than whiffs

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Okay...so the Bills don't trade and KC takes Worthy at 32 because the Bills obviously weren't going to take him.

That is a fair point tbh. Not sure Worthy was going to any of the teams between Buffalo and Kansas City. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Doing the Chiefs favors is completely idiotic.  That franchise has 3 SBs because of the last time we traded with them.  

And the last trade the Chiefs made a trade for a WR it was for Bonehead Toney.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not sure the issue. 

We clearly didn’t want the Chiefs were going to get him anyway.  

We get a 3rd. 

Fine.  

But we didn’t just get a 3rd, poof out of thin air. We gave up a 4th for it. We only moved up around 30 spots in the late 3rd round. Not much value there IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1