Am I the only one not planning on watching Chiefs/Ravens??

Special K

Can’t watch the game, especially if they constantly talk about, or show swift.  Just can’t don’t.  Also can’t deal with mahomes and his cocked head shuffle….annoying.

Will watch Niners Lions.  Niners have been one of my teams going back to Montana. Really want Detroit to win though!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Normally, I would watch any football I can. But I strongly dislike both of these teams, so I will likely not watch.

If KC wins, I will skip the SB as well.

I skipped the Eagles vs Pats SB years ago due to Pats overload.

I'm very interested in the game. I will be impressed if Lamar can pull it off. The Chiefs looked very poised last week against us and their experience will be hard for the Ravens to overcome. It was the same with the Pats, they just knew how to get it done when it mattered.

I want to watch the Chiefs get beat.  Not that I particularly relish another team (Ravens) getting back to the Super Bowl before the Bills, but I can't stand the thought of another Super Bowl with the Chiefs.  I'd like Mahomes record (which is pretty damn good) about reaching the AFC championship to start losing some luster when it comes to winning it.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah I mean it still really stings the Chiefs knocked the Bills out again but if you take away those feelings I think KC-Baltimore is a great matchup and whoever wins that game is more than likely winning the Super Bowl this year.  The NFC matchup is exciting because of the Lions storyline so all in all it should be a fun Conference Championship weekend this year

Now I was just telling a buddy at work today that if the Super Bowl ends up being KC-San Fran I'm probably not watching that 

2 hours ago, Special K said:

I just can’t do it....I don’t like the Ravens, and I REALLY hate the Chefs....not to mention the fact that the Bills should be playing in this game, and I don’t need to be reminded that they are not.

I am definitely watching the NFC Championship and the Superb Owl, but I’m sitting this one out.

Who’s with me??

I won't be watching.  But Sunday at 2 pm I'll be either visiting my kiddo, or driving home.  She doesn't have either antenna or cable TV and I never could persuade her to like football.

I'm bummed out about the Bills being out of it and I'd never get super excited about an NFL game that doesn't involve the Bills.  That said, I enjoy NFL football and I really enjoy NFL football between two good teams with their season on the line.  Both games present interesting matchups.  So I'll be watching.  I admit that there will be a bit of an empty feeling during the AFC game, knowing that the Bills were extremely close to being in that game.

4 hours ago, Special K said:

I just can’t do it....I don’t like the Ravens, and I REALLY hate the Chefs....not to mention the fact that the Bills should be playing in this game, and I don’t need to be reminded that they are not.

I am definitely watching the NFC Championship and the Superb Owl, but I’m sitting this one out.

Who’s with me??

yeah, I doubt I can watch it. Still too raw.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Special K said:

Who’s with me??

I'm not a football fan, I'm a Bills fan.  So I almost certainly will not be watching.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Special K said:

I will say, I watched the Bengals beat the Chefs in the AFC Championship after 13 seconds, and that was quite satisfying.....however, in this case, seeing Baltimore win would not be enjoyable either

After KC lost that game, I wished we'd just lost to the Bills.  You'd have had your Lombardi.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’ll probably tune in, but either outcome is terrible. 

“Is Mahomes the GOAT?” and “Is Lamar now the best QB in the NFL?” are the two likeliest  narrative outcomes. 

I understand, and maybe i'm an alien, but i dont give a *** to the NFL narrative those days. 

It's now a kind of realty show. 

Most of the fan on a board like here are far better than a lot of so call experts and their narrative. It's click bait now clearly and it's nothing to do about the game.

When someone wants to tell me how i have to think, they totallly lose me. When someone wants to tell me what i see it's now what i see, they lose me.

I guess it is what it is now, but i really dont understand they hype with that narrative.

It has to work because it keep going.

I'm old i guess! 

For me, and i dont want to talk for others, total respect for what everyone like, i feel like the NFL walk now on a fine line. Sometime it's really just idiot like watching a movie...or a realty show like i said. 

But, i understand it's now a big show, NFL entertaintment.  I can deal with it because when the game start, it is football. 

Then, i will watch the game. Chiefs defense should know how to stop Jackson and i want to see if they will.

NFL show could say whatever they want after the game. They dont talk to me at all.

• Agree 1

I’m taking Croatian language classes on line. Usually 6:30-8 but Mike the teacher lives in Detroit and switched the class to 4:00 so he can watch the game, fine by me.

I stand by my opinion that KC is taking it all. I also stand by my opinion that we are never getting there with McD.

The next couple years are gonna suck for me as they are a fait accompli of futility🙁

13 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’ll probably tune in, but either outcome is terrible. 

“Is Mahomes the GOAT?” and “Is Lamar now the best QB in the NFL?” are the two likeliest  narrative outcomes. 

Lamar gets food poisoning and misses the game.  Ravens win 6-3 with Tyler Huntley leading the game winning field goal drive after Mahomes throws 4 INT's.

I will be watching. Baltimore are the team I have always thought I'd have ended up following had I come to the NFL my own route - them or the Saints. So if the Bills are out in the AFC they are generally my rooting interest. Of the teams left them or Detroit are the ones I'd like to see lift a Lombardi. 

But my pre-season prediction was the 49ers so I would sorta be smug if that ends up happening too. 

I’ve got good friends who are huge Ravens fans so I’ll be pulling for them.  I don’t “hate” the Chiefs…I’m just sick of them.  We don’t need Mahomes playing in yet another Super Bowl.

In the NFC the Lions are the feel good underdog story so I’ll be rooting for them.

There really isn’t anything I like about the 49ers.  Scratch that; I guess I do like Deebo.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Watching teams that advanced further than the Bills is ‘settling’ and ‘pedestrian’? That’s a bizarre viewpoint. 

I’m a very bizarre person. 

But yea, none of those teams have the most electrifying QB in the business. Is it that unreasonable that I’d rather watch Josh Allen than Brock Purdy and Jared Goff 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Yobogoya!
  • Haha (+1) 1

I won't go out of my way to watch it but not because of the Chiefs (and I have nothing against the Ravens).  I'm definitely watching the Superbowl no matter what.  If I could endure watching Tommy and Billy win all the Superbowls they won I can take any SB.

If I'm home I'll turn the game on but probably give it less than my complete attention

I don't hate the Ravens and I think their success this season can be a good lesson for the Bills about what can happen when a team decides to make the effort to surround their franchise QB with better weopons.

As for the Chiefs they're approaching Patriot level annoying but they're not quite there yet.

The only playoff games I've missed over the years are a couple Super Bowls New England ended up winning but since I didn't see it then for me it's like it never happened.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.