Would this be the week to give Elam a chance.

margolbe

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Elam is finished. They should try to get a late round pick while he has some kind of value. It’s too bad the Chiefs drafted  McDuffie in front of us. 

He's "finished?"

The guy is 22, played pretty well in his moments last season, and supposedly was nursing an ankle injury when he played this season.

He's not finished.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, Success said:

He's "finished?"

The guy is 22, played pretty well in his moments last season, and supposedly was nursing an ankle injury when he played this season.

He's not finished.

He’s been a healthy scratch most of the season despite massive injuries to the secondary. He’s finished in Buffalo. Maybe he can catch on somewhere else

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Success said:

He's "finished?"

He's not finished.

I agree, but to the OP's point, I don't think he's a better option than the CBs ahead of him on the depth chart. I see no reason to suit him up for the Cowboys' game.

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Elam is finished. They should try to get a late round pick while he has some kind of value. It’s too bad the Chiefs drafted  McDuffie in front of us. 

If they thought that he would have been traded at the deadline. Beane gave it "no thought"

If the Bills were to activate Elam and drop one of their other CBs, the obvious candidate is Cam Lewis.  I'm not being anti-Lewis here.  He's a decent utility type guy in the secondary, but he's undersized and doesn't have special athleticism or anything.  They could probably sign him to the PS.  Elam does have some man coverage skills to go with his plus athleticism.  McDermott used some man coverage in the KC games.  It really depends on what he wants to do scheme wise in the Dallas game.

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

If they thought that he would have been traded at the deadline. Beane gave it "no thought"

I just assumed that was code for “we didn’t get the offer we wanted”.

Id be genuinely surprised if he is on the roster next season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This isn't true. He is a bottom end of an NFL roster / PS level player. And that is the role he serves. 

I agree with you Gunner. To take it a half step further, his ability to play multiple positions make him an ideal candidate to be active on game days. It allows the team some flexibility with other game day decisions. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Yep, that pick simply had to be a corner, even if it involved trading up. Screw wide receivers and/or blockers. We needed a first round corner to play in a zone at all costs. 

Now, Tre might be shot due to his injury. Perhaps McDermott and his lapdog will run to the podiun in 2024 and grab another corner in the 1st. It wouldn't surprise me.

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yep, that pick simply had to be a corner, even if it involved trading up. Screw wide receivers and/or blockers. We needed a first round corner to play in a zone at all costs. 

Now, Tre might be shot due to his injury. Perhaps McDermott and his lapdog will run to the podiun in 2024 and grab another corner in the 1st. It wouldn't surprise me.

Beane has done a damn good job building this team. For every pick people here complain about, there’s 2 excellent picks. In the Elam draft alone, we have 4 solid contributors not named Elam. 
“Cook sucks “ “Cook looks slow”

”Oliver sucks”

”Bernard suck”

”AJ isn’t an nfl player “

”Groot sucks”

There’s more I can note for you, but you get the picture. 
 people like you who don’t know 💩 about drafting, acting like you know what you’re doing. After the fact. 

Every gm has misses. Find one that doesn’t. You can’t. 

“This post sucks”

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Beane has done a damn good job building this team. For every pick people here complain about, there’s 2 excellent picks. In the Elam draft alone, we have 4 solid contributors not named Elam. 
“Cook sucks “ “Cook looks slow”

”Oliver sucks”

”Bernard suck”

”AJ isn’t an nfl player “

”Groot sucks”

There’s more I can note for you, but you get the picture. 
 people like you who don’t know 💩 about drafting, acting like you know what you’re doing. After the fact. 

Every gm has misses. Find one that doesn’t. You can’t. 

“This post sucks”

Wow, that was nasty. In any event, my compliments for living up to your well deserved screen name! 👍👌:)

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BigDingus said:

He's gotten chances. If he's improved, then sure. Give him another shot.

I'm still salty Dallas got Gilmore for only a 5th, and he's playing fantastic for them this season. 

Just one more reason why i hope the Bills blow them off the field I can't stand Dallas mainly because of their owners huge ego but when you have a guy like Gilmore on their team it's just added motivation to get the win this week . 

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

We barely had a starting corner on the roster and they had one with a first round grade.

Are you arguing they should have taken what they believed to be was a lesser player solely because they weren't a DB?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.