DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

1 minute ago, dgrochester55 said:

I am no Dorsey fan and wanted him gone, but Dorsey is not the one who caused 12 men to be on the field for a field goal after two timeouts were called.  Looks like we are stuck with McDermott for the year.   If we are anything short of a superbowl, he needs to go in the offseason.

Agreed.  McDermott looks like a moron.  Dorsey deserves to go but we’d be 8-2 if we didn’t puke games away late on defense and special teams.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Defense was not really a problem until they played the WHOLE GAME defending short fields.

defense let every short yardage conversion possible happen. poor concepts. could not touch wilson. couldn't tackle. weren't aware of anything in space.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I thought we witnessed that last night?? Losing to a bad team at home in primetime, with your franchise QB looking like Uncle Rico and your head coach making middle school coaching mistakes.

Was that the wheels coming off or was that just another day at the office? 

Or is it that much worse that nothing about last night surprised me? 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

True, he just didn't put the offense in any kind of position to beat a terrible broncos team, a terrible pats team, a terrible jets team, a beatable Bengals team and a beatable jags team. 

The Bills were in a position to beat the Broncos and the Pats; they were leading heading into the final drive. They almost threw away the Giants and Bucs game as well.

Even now, I'm not too fussed about the Bengals loss - I had that pegged as a defeat when the scheduled came out. I thought at the time jetlag played a part with the Jags defeat but it seems it was an indication of deeper malaise, which is weird considering how phenomenal they were against the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It had to happen. The DC should step down too. 

I am fine McDermott coaching out the season as a Head Coach and taking a view then, I feel he probably deserves that. But he should swallow his pride on the DC thing. It hasn't worked. He should hand over playcalling.

I think he bit off more than he can chew.  It shows in the lack of attention to detail.  The 12 man situation epitomizes the season.  We need a HC, and OC, and a DC.   He’s done a good job as DC, but not a good job as HC this year. 

9 minutes ago, phypon said:

He had to go.  He scores too fast for McD. :lol:

That comment was ridiculous.  Totally ridiculous by McD.  If Cook hadn’t coughed it up again he probably would have scored on the fumble run.  So maybe the beef is that Dorsey scored too “medium.”  Either do it right away or play a four-minute offense so the McD D didn’t blow another game where the offense left the field with a lead against a crappy opposing offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

this is true.

both offense and defense were a problem. special teams an even bigger problem.

all about mcchump.

McDermott can’t build a defense or special teams unit that can close out games. This has been the case for many years.  We can win games when Allen is super man. Shaking things up in the hope and prayer Allen can be Superman is McDermotts only card to play. He has no competence to help the offense on his own. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Any good OC’s available with HC potential? My God. We don’t need someone to ask the players what we can do better. We need someone to step up and grab the reigns. Get the player’s full attention and get to work on fundamentals.

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 2

McCoach loves to deflect blame and try to take the heat off of himself.

McCoach loves to talk about accountability but does not apply it to himself apparently. 

Oh well, we will see how long feeding Dorsey to the lions will take the heat off him.

Now, when I think of McCoach, I think of the following numbers (among other things):

18 (I will let you guys figure out to what that refers).

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, boyst said:

defense let every short yardage conversion possible happen. poor concepts. could not touch wilson. couldn't tackle. weren't aware of anything in space.

really? they didnt allow a TD on any turnover if Im not mistaken.  I think they said Denver started on the Bills side of the field like 6 times and got 6 points, but yeah, the defense played the entire game bad.......

• Like (+1) 2

Mixed emotion with this announcement.    While I agree that he was not pulling his weight the reality is this is just the tip of the iceberg.   

The phrase too little too late comes to mind but there is still a lot of football left to play.   

Good luck Bills.   

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, boyst said:

wow

edit: the shock wore off. this means mcdermott felt pressure and now has even more upon him. if the rest of the season looks the same then we know it's not just the OC. this is McD playing for his job.

mcdermott also not holding himself accountable for benching cook. that was a betraying dorsey and setting him up to fail last night.

Yes, that was junior high like

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, McBean said:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha and the root stays boys!!

Not for long I hope.  This seems like Pegula intervening.  My guess and it's pure speculation is that Pegula knows that firing McD now would leave the team in chaos and the NFL doesn't want that.  So McD is now coaching for his job.  Win 5 or 6 out of the last 7 games and win the Division and McD stays.  Fail to do this and he's gone.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Dorsey firing unfortunately might buy McDermott another year. 

I think it depends how they finish. There’s a real chance they go 2-5 down the stretch. If that happens I think there could be wholesale changes.

The biggest question is does Brandon Beane survive a coaching staff change?

Classic McDERMOTT move,  throws his coordinator under the bus just like 13 secs. All out blitz on 3rd & 10 with Broncos outside of FG attempt,  just gave it away. The fact that running the football is now a better option then passing the football is why this team has lost it's identity and are no longer an explosive feared offence. CAVEMAN FOOTBALL= McDermott

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.