Why do you come to TSW & Post

Billsfan1972

I’ve been a Bills fan since their inception and the team is my foremost hobby.

I remember moving out of the area in the 70’s and having my Dad fax me the Buffalo News articles (pre-internet).

so I have always hungered for information. I find the information shared in this forum to be wonderful, there are some posters that provide powerful insight and I also love getting things about the Bills off my chest (mainly during games).

It is great to belong to a forum that is devoted to Bill’s discussions with just a few annoying posters.

If you want to compare,  check out Facebook under Bill!s Mafia… a bunch of fair weather fans that are primarily moronic posters.

Thanks to SDS for the creation of this site and to the devoted fans that comprise it.

And please come back Yolo!

• Like (+1) 2

I come here for therapy because it’s free. I really enjoy the camaraderie with all my fellow fans who get more emotional than they should or care to admit (me included) to getting about our team. I enjoy all the people who take the time to post stats and do research because I know it’s time consuming and a labor of love. Also to all of us long timers who will eventually be rewarded with a championship there’s not another fan base on earth who deserves it more. But the main reason I think is to-make sure that any insolent bastards who prefer ranch over blue cheese are shamed into leaving the site forever.

Love you Boys!!!

GO Bills!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Because only true fans come here, intelligent fans, not the garbage you see on social media. Bills fans are known for being knowledgeable, so I'm soaking up the wisdom from you cats on the regular so I will sound cool.

So it's working out for ya... glad to hear it.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

I come here for therapy because it’s free. I really enjoy the camaraderie with all my fellow fans who get more emotional than they should or care to admit (me included) to getting about our team. I enjoy all the people who take the time to post stats and do research because I know it’s time consuming and a labor of love. Also to all of us long timers who will eventually be rewarded with a championship there’s not another fan base on earth who deserves it more. But the main reason I think is to-make sure that any insolent bastards who prefer ranch over blue cheese are shamed into leaving the site forever.

Love you Boys!!!

GO Bills!!

Love your optimism! After 64 years, I’m beginning to have my doubts.
I’m  slow to catch on🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

been here since my 20s. now i'm just here for the lols since most of the friends I made on here quit this place

You’re pretty damn old. You sure it’s not that they all died??🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I pop in for the news. I used to enjoy the chats more, but I’m not into todays overreactions where everything has to be the most extreme take one way or another. I’m also much more into roster building etc etc and with Buffalo mostly fully built the last few years I’m content to watch the games, avoid this place after a loss, and enjoy the team without all the silly dramatics. Still my go to place for buffalo bills news, and there’s quite a few posters (some in this thread) that I actually respect and enjoy reading their comments about the games and draft etc etc. 

• Like (+1) 3

Intelligent posters, arm chair General managing strategies for draft, trades, FA signings.

But mostly.....The wit and humor! There are some funny people who chime in here. 

Caustic, sarcastic, punny etc...

There's no fan base in any sport in my opinion like the jilted Buffalo sports fans. 

One day hopefully all the angst gets relieved! 

• Like (+1) 2

Because, like Royale with Cheese, I'm obsessed with the Bills and want to get any information I can.  I've been on message boards since the BBMB days but I rarely post.  Also, 1/2 this board (maybe more?) are crazy mfs and make me laugh.  

• Like (+1) 1

My motivations have changed through the years:

- At first I was drawn in by the discussion on team building, scheme, and strategy.  This was during the end of the Jauron era and beginning of the Gailey years so that was an interesting discussion.

- Unable to contribute meaningfully on that front, I discovered my true talent and pivoted to high effort trolling to the amusement and great anger of some. 

- Then I met the shoutbox and fell in with a really bad crowd there.  Shoutbox was nonstop entertainment in those days. 

- I used to spend a lot of time on PPP arguing for the fate of humanity(usually offseason) before I generally stopped caring and that place went full psycho. 

- These days I still like to visit the shoutbox but the community is my primary reason for visiting.  I have been lucky enough to meet some TBD peeps in person and as disappointing as that has been, I still value the relationships I have formed via TBD.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Basically just come here for breaking news.  Also like to hear from folks who were actually at a game afterwards.  Sometimes for the humor.  But basically the day after a loss I will stay far away from this board.

1 hour ago, PonyBoy said:

Intelligent posters, arm chair General managing strategies for draft, trades, FA signings.

But mostly.....The wit and humor! There are some funny people who chime in here. 

Caustic, sarcastic, punny etc...

There's no fan base in any sport in my opinion like the jilted Buffalo sports fans. 

One day hopefully all the angst gets relieved! 

Laying it on thick there brown nose! Who you trying to impress! 

What would I do without TSW....this is a place to laugh, cry, vent, whine, crusade, snipe, get informed.  It's all about comraderie....it's all about the Mafia brethren.  Sometimes whether we agree or not is irrelevant.  We all want our Bills to get one.  And as Augie has taught me, just try to enjoy the entertainment of it all. Don't let it consume you.

It makes me feel smarter..

Just kidding. I come here, because I could talk about the Bills and the NFL 24/7, and if I did, I would drive my family crazy, so I come here to hang out with other fanatics, who like to over analyze everything.  Plus, this place is a great source for breaking news, thanks to other obsessed fans.  Cheers!

2 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

I come here for news mainly. Members come and go and most don’t even notice. It’s a great message board minus a couple of things. 

I don't really notice the names of the people posting either, but there's a few I dig like @Boatdrinks, primarily because I enjoy drinking on my boat.

I figure he's a cool dude. Crownline here, love those boats. 

Dead serious btw, how many females are on this site? I always assume everyone is male and that's a bit 1987 of me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.