Roger Goodell said today's game was an experiment??

Bubba Gump

25 minutes ago, Haplo848 said:

Forgive my French, but I'm pissed.

Holy ***** this is maddening.

Forget how the NFL basically made the Bills and Jags basically play on concrete, resulting in multiple season ending injuries to our best players.

Forget disrupting schedules and flying across a ridiculous number of time zones, making such injuries much more likely.

Forget making the Bills give up a home game for that farce.

Even forget the atrocious job the refs did, destroying any semblance of a fair and unbiased game by calling penalties on the Bills every single time something maybe, possibly, LOOKED like it could potentially be called a penalty, while practically waiting until a Jaguars player murdered someone on the field before calling one on them, all in the name of giving the Jags a "signature win" to expand their fanbase overseas in preparation for their inevitable move to London.

Roger Goodell just straight up admitted that having the Jags play in London the previous week, then having them stay in London all week, while having the Bills fly in and play jetlagged was a way for the NFL to test just how much of an advantage that would be.

They came right out and said, to paraphrase "we are knowingly ***** over the Bills this week, and in doing so, ending their season by injuring their best players so badly that they will be out for the rest of the season."

This is rage-inducing.

Link Below:

https://x.com/haremherd/status/1711390018109923498?s=20

Deep breaths Haplo.  This is not worth having a stroke over.  Step away from the keyboard and get your blood pressure back in line.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Again: people who start new threads on topics being discussed at length might be worse than people who stand up as soon as the doors open when the airplane reaches the gate.

I've never understood why this bothers people so much. Just like I've never understood why a coach clapping bothers people. It's not just us. My fellow Hoosiers fans hated Tom Crean's clapping more than anything. There was a lot not to like about Crean, but clapping was not even on my list.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Again: people who start new threads on topics being discussed at length might be worse than people who stand up as soon as the doors open when the airplane reaches the gate.

Maybe the people who stand up just want to stretch, or make sure they can get their bag out of the overhead.  Both legitimate reasons.  For starting new threads, not so much.

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t think a few hours makes any difference. I am certain a week makes a difference. 

it helps a ton. if games start at 1p, players are there by 10am at the latest.... so 10am + 5hr jetlag had these guys showing up to work at their bodies equivalent time of 5am, which means they woke up at 4a-430a at latest.

make the game a 5 or 6pm local time, and theyre body can stay on their normal 1pm schedule.... except that nullifies the NFL have 4 time slots, instead of 3, which is the reason they havent and wont do that

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

it helps a ton. if games start at 1p, players are there by 10am at the latest.... so 10am + 5hr jetlag had these guys showing up to work at their bodies equivalent time of 5am, which means they woke up at 4a-430a at latest.

make the game a 5 or 6pm local time, and theyre body can stay on their normal 1pm schedule.... except that nullifies the NFL have 4 time slots, instead of 3, which is the reason they havent and wont do that

Nope. FAR from a ton. I was just there and roughly on their schedule. A couple hours won’t have zero difference, but it doesn’t begin to normalize things. A week, however, THAT makes a HUGE difference. I call BS on the NFL. 

• Agree 3

On 10/8/2023 at 6:45 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Actually the biggest issue may be for the permanent London team when they return from a road trip, with the time difference would make for a shorter practice week.

If there's a permanent team in London there should be a rule that X% must be native to England.  Say 10%. See if they can field a team.

On 10/8/2023 at 4:19 PM, Bubba Gump said:

Are you ***** kidding me?? He said they wanted to see how having a team over there for a few weeks stood up to a team travelling from the US. Boomer Esiason just said he would be pissed if he were the Bills. Basically said Goodell's "experiment" was a joke. 

The game was an experiment.  The NFL wanted to see if they could take what should be home field advantage and turn it into a disadvantage.  They succeeded.

• Agree 3

On 10/11/2023 at 5:41 PM, Goin Breakdown said:

What am I getting out of this. I know I'm missing something. 

That flag that you see thrown was a roughing the passer penalty on the Chiefs against Tom Brady in the fourth quarter of the 2018/19 AFC Championship. Here's the whole thing. It's one of the worst calls in NFL history, and that's saying something. And of course, it led to another Brady SB in NE.

21 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

The game was an experiment.  The NFL wanted to see if they could take what should be home field advantage and turn it into a disadvantage.  They succeeded.

Yeah and at the expense of our SB run this year. Let’s be real, we ain’t gonna beat the Niners or eagles without Milano and jones 

1 minute ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Yeah and at the expense of our SB run this year. Let’s be real, we ain’t gonna beat the Niners or eagles without Milano and jones 

I mostly agree. But I’m not sure those teams will continue being injury free the rest of the year. I’m curious to see how they end up.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did any other team have massive injuries in their London game?

Maybe McDermott should tell his star players not to go out when it's cloudy so they don't get struck by lightning.

Edit: Missed the joke

But this was certainly timely.

Edited by Warcodered

True.

He also should have foresaw himself pooping his pants late in the last 3 games and doubled up on the Depends. He does have a history of it so there's really no excuse.

It's okay though. I'm sure there's enough of you pompom wavers to help clean up the mess he left.

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

You sound like an expert.

I am. You obviously are not.

Seen enough of this terrible coach to know we're going to have to win big in spite of him, not because of him. Unlikely to happen though. He has too much of an in game influence to overcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Because they played on the grass at Wembley?

I'm surprised there's still someone who doesn't know Wembley is a dual pitch arena.  The grass is rolled out and reserved for soccer matches, while the NFL gets stuck with the artificial base of turf.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Not worry about score and treat it like a preseason game to give younger players experience.

Activate as many possible players off practice squads and even make deals with usual cooperative players to lay them off for a game with signing bonus when signed back equal to game check to create more openings.

This would allow veterans to rest and not play on field described as concrete on top of stadium's usual field.

It is a Bills home game so take ever advantage possible and in press conferences tell reporters that health of the players was most important factor in this decision for Bills want team healthy entering playoffs.

/S

Dote: some do not realize this is a big FU to Goodell.  I actually had hope when he was signed since he was from Western New York.

Playoffs? It was week 5 out of 18 weeks! He did what you said I can guarantee the League would have reigned down fire on him INCLUDING your own owner. The international games are very important for the NFL and that’s so they can make more Money.. So your coach would be heavily fined and or suspended for “conduct detrimental to the game”. 

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Not worry about score and treat it like a preseason game to give younger players experience.

Activate as many possible players off practice squads and even make deals with usual cooperative players to lay them off for a game with signing bonus when signed back equal to game check to create more openings.

This would allow veterans to rest and not play on field described as concrete on top of stadium's usual field.

It is a Bills home game so take ever advantage possible and in press conferences tell reporters that health of the players was most important factor in this decision for Bills want team healthy entering playoffs.

/S

Dote: some do not realize this is a big FU to Goodell.  I actually had hope when he was signed since he was from Western New York.

Put the pipe down dude, take a long nap, and have a chocolate cookie and a cup of coffee when you wake up, it will help your current psychosis,

nuthin but luv, Don. 🍪

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

/S

Dote:  it was not Goodell's decision to have games in London, or anywhere outside of the country.  But now you understand better why he gets $64 million a year from Terry and the boys.  Why not send your FU to Pegula, for starters?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.