Roger Goodell said today's game was an experiment??

Bubba Gump

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

These aren’t office jobs. I don’t understand why they need to adjust to the Time zone at all. Act like It’s a 9 am game. Keep the schedule on you time zone. Add some blackout curtains on the hotel windows cater the food at normal meal times. 

The decision to have the guys get two hours of sleep on a plane then force them to stay up all day Friday is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

• Agree 4

14 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Boo hoo. These guys are professionals and are afforded support that us “regular folk” could never dream of. Its clearly not ideal but if they can’t get it together enough to play after two nights sleep,

then they need to suck it up. The injuries were brutal and the refs sucked but I just hate this “oh poor us we had to travel” mentality. 

It's not as if we got blown out, it's quite feasible that that little advantage for the Jags was more than enough to account for our performance vs. theirs.  

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's not just the jet lag and time difference.  You're on a damn plane for nearly 10 hours. Of course you're going to be wiped out.  Nice fair and equitable play NFL.  Scrub this British nonsense and let them have their soccer.

Guarantee you they’ll never do that to a team again and we will be the only team ever effected lol they’re lucky one of their household names didn’t get hurt on that terrible field too 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

I have been fortunate to travel to Europe several times. I always have found it very difficult traveling east to Europe. The jet lag really effects me. Traveling back to the US is not a problem.

I was shocked how late in the week the Bills traveled to London. That was a head scratcher. I wonder whose bright idea that was.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Instead of using sports science maybe they should have spoken to people who you know actually fly to London? Any moron will tell you that flying across the Atlantic absolutely wipes you out for a few days 

Most teams are flying there late in the week to keep their recovery/practice schedule as normal as possible. It’s kind of a damned if you do/damned if you don’t situation though.

being there for a week prior is an undeniable strategic advantage.

even with that though this was a winnable game that we choked away…both things can be true.  

• Agree 1

Dorsey obviously didn’t sleep all week because his game plan was absolute garbage. Yeah Ken can’t catch the ball but after 3 or 4 three and outs to start the game maybe you scarp your crap plan and open up the offense. Jax took away the short stuff, the TE’s should have been down the seam all night. 

I’m watching tight ends all over the league catch balls left and right and all we can do is have Kincaid catch a 2 yard out. 

Knox has regressed but he has some talent. Kincaid was a monster at Utah and all Dorsey has him doing is acting like an outlet receiver.

I’m pissed. F the jet lag, this offense sucked and lost us the game.

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

They can somewhat solve the jetlag issue by scheduling the game for 5 or 6 PM London time. 

Too much $$$$ at stake…they want the game in an exclusive window.  Really starting to sour on this league…or continuing to sour on it is more accurate

😂

completely unacceptable making teams play on bad turf on top of concrete from a player safety perspective regardless of everyone’s opinion of jet lag 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

Mcdermott is seething mad inside. you could tell from his downtrodden press conference. He wants to evaluate why they came out with little energy, and if the travel itinerary had anything to do with it. Which means he’s not happy with the sports science guys or whoever made that decision to arrive Friday. 

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Not with the same team playing consecutive weeks.  There's been much made up about the Bills traveling over only on Thursday evening, but that was the same schedule Jax used the week prior.  Difference was both teams did the same a week ago.  That to me did make this rather unfair, then add to it as someone pointed out in another thread, the Bills were the home team this week so should have been given the travel advantage.

Would have been much fairer since Bills were home team if a week ago, Bills played Jax with Bills home team, then this week Jax was home team against someone ideally who played the Thursday night prior so give them extra time for travel if they choose to use it or not.

🤦‍♂️

I said that in my opening sentence stating what could be the experiment…

2 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

You must not have comprehended at all what I wrote. Permanent teams within Europe vs. an American based NFL team playing back to back weeks there.

I’m not arguing at all. And no need for the hostility.

“The experiment was to see about a permanent team”

I’m not sure what the “room for misunderstanding or interpretation” for what I said is in that. Nor am I hostile. You make out my statement was trash and absolutely off topic but then say pretty much exactly the same thing but worded differently…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.