Roger Goodell said today's game was an experiment??

Bubba Gump

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The Chiefs also get a lot of help from the refs. I know that isn't the only reason but they are treated now like the Patriots were when they had Brady from the refs. They got away with a blatant pass interference in the enzone on a 4th down play at the end of the game today because the "ball was tipped". Replay clearly showed it wasn't tipped. Cousins got hit when he threw it but the ball was never tipped. They got calls at the end of the game last week against the Jets too. Also, has KC ever had 5 guys missing at any time on one side of the ball? It's one thing to lose one player. But 4 or 5?

If Mahomes played the same exact game that Allen played today, the Chiefs would’ve won. 

I roll my eyes when he is placed above Allen on any list. Guy is carried from the moment he entered the league. 

5 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

If Mahomes played the same exact game that Allen played today, the Chiefs would’ve won. 

I roll my eyes when he is placed above Allen on any list. Guy is carried from the moment he entered the league. 

Allen played well. So, yeah it makes sense that they would have won lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Not with the same team playing consecutive weeks.  There's been much made up about the Bills traveling over only on Thursday evening, but that was the same schedule Jax used the week prior.  Difference was both teams did the same a week ago.  That to me did make this rather unfair, then add to it as someone pointed out in another thread, the Bills were the home team this week so should have been given the travel advantage.

Would have been much fairer since Bills were home team if a week ago, Bills played Jax with Bills home team, then this week Jax was home team against someone ideally who played the Thursday night prior so give them extra time for travel if they choose to use it or not.

Use the Thursday Night game a brilliant solution except it ruins their ***** experiment, we're sorry you had a great idea but the plan is to screw over one of the teams. I mean isn't that amazing.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The Bills should have flown out earlier - Tuesday evening at the latest. Yes, they were copying other teams that had already flown to Europe but why? When they were the first franchise to be at a disadvantage over their opponent, who had five days on them even if they had flown out Tuesday night. As it is, the Bills sports scientists decided to give them another three days.

Bills sport scientist working on travel planning:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473gcp0zmjus98sfcqm8

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

I have never been jet lagged.   From 12 years old until now, in my 50s.   I'm not even sure what it feels like.   I planned for it a couple times on business trips, just out of a sense of responsibility.  But nope.

Possibly you and I are in the minority.   Because unless it’s mass psychomatics or something, it must be real.

having traveled a bunch to Germany 20 or 30 times jet lag always just seems like just adjusting to the new time zone because bed time, meal times and work times all shift and it’s hard to get quality sleep with everything off schedule. 

for these nfl guys, I just don’t understand why they can’t just force their little bubble world to Pretend it’s on eastern standard time. 

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Use the Thursday Night game a brilliant solution except it ruins their ***** experiment, we're sorry you had a great idea but the plan is to screw over one of the teams. I mean isn't that amazing.

But you could still make the experiment work and use a team from the prior Thursday night game.  You could even have a permanent team over there and either use Thursday night teams or teams coming off their bye.

Actually the biggest issue may be for the permanent London team when they return from a road trip, with the time difference would make for a shorter practice week.

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

having traveled a bunch to Germany 20 or 30 times jet lag always just seems like just adjusting to the new time zone because bed time, meal times and work times all shift and it’s hard to get quality sleep with everything off schedule. 

for these nfl guys, I just don’t understand why they can’t just force their little bubble world to Pretend it’s on eastern standard time. 

they can pretend. and they now they are waking up at probably 5am for a 9:30am game, when you know these guys aren't used to that. if the game was later in the day, it would be much easier to pretend like that. 

How long before the NFL learns you NEED salt for hydration and optimal performance??

And Bills werent even prepared for the time change. How hard is it to practice at the time of the game??? McDermott should be doing this every week. Dont need scientists for that, what are they paying these guys for then ??

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Everyone complained about west coast teams traveling east being at a disadvantage for years but somehow a team on their ‘home game’ jumping 5 time zones to meet the away team that was there the week before is out of the question?  

to me if you’re gonna do an experiment like this at least make it a bills away game 

At least have this game be the jags first week and let them stay another week to have their home game next week. Total bs. 

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Andy exentuates Mahomes ten fold. Dorsey is still a semi rookie OC trying to find his way with JA and this offense.  McD is no Reid but his taking over this D has made for an improved unit.  I just don't know how many more defensive injuries he can absorb?

6 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Are you ***** kidding me?? He said they wanted to see how having a team over there for a few weeks stood up to a team travelling from the US. Boomer Esiason just said he would be pissed if he were the Bills. Basically said Goodell's "experiment" was a joke. 

yea this was a schedule loss from the start and the thing I was most worried about which was injuries bit them in the ass. ***** awful. And the worst part was listening to McDermott talk about how it was such an honor to play in London and being given the opportunity after the game. Made me want to punch him and throw up at the same time. McDermott shoulda went greg popavich style and blasted the NFL for this ridiculous experiment. This game drastically changed our odds at winning a Super Bowl.  

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

The Bills weren't forced to sell a home game to London, they could've said no.

The Packers have never played in London, why ? ... Because the Packers refuse to give up a home game, and teams facing the Packers refuse to give up home games vs the Packers. 

Nothing good came from playing this game outside of Orchard Park, bad decision FO.

The Packers did play in London

Edited by Buffalo716

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Did the Bills get a couple hundred million from the NFL to build a stadium?

No. The NFL has a standard G4 loan that contributes $200M and is paid back.

Someone needs to ask Roger what exactly did he learn from this experiment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, QCity said:

No. The NFL has a standard G4 loan that contributes $200M and is paid back.

Someone needs to ask Roger what exactly did he learn from this experiment.

I’ve been to games in both places now, and I learned the Jags have as many or more fans in London as they do in Jacksonville. After all these years, what do you expect? A Bills “home game” my arse! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.