Week 3, Bills v. WTF's - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

I love old movies.  I even

Credit my memory to one.  The original Born Yesterday with William Holden and Billie Holliday.  Billie played a dumb blonde chorus girl to Broderick Crawfords gangster boyfriend who hires reporter holden to smarten up his dumb gf.   Then when she tells William she didn't understand something he wrote he simply told her to look up any word she didn't understand.  

So I started looking up every word I read in books until ì ĺiterally knew most words backwards and forwards.  I also credit my writing ability to that movie because once you own words completely it's easier to manipulate them to anything you need written.

As an adult I'd never would have put in the same èffort I did then. Cause even as a child I spent alot of time reading so when I started looking up every word I really did put alot of work into that.  Which is why even after my stroke I think my memory didn't falter much only due to the countless copies of redundant trivia I packed in it as a child.   

And in my roundabout way it leads me to the reason I am so big on beefing up the trenches as the foundation  to prolonged success.  We give Josh proper protection he can be slinging the ball when he's Bradys age.  Given his higher athleticism. I have no doubt that Josh Allen ÇOULD not guaranteed as still needs a team effort overtake any of Bradys records including SB wins.  Very unlikely as it's ñot easy to get that much talent on one team for so many years, but a solid foundation is always key to such lofty possibilities.

Ok, that's enough.  Please take this out the thread and pm each other.  Go hijack your own thread.

4 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

I'm gonna go with

Bills  51.

Commanders - 7

1 point for every state and an extra 1 to give the District  of Columbia a point as well.   Only 7 for the Commanders in homage to commander Tom who was a on ch 7 in buffalo  He did weather on channel 7 so that ties in with the weather aspects possible in this game.  Don't think there's a chance to shutout teams.  Our defense isn't that outstanding though the weather could factor in to help a shutout.  

50-7 Bills

DofC gets no seat in congress and they get no vote here!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My parents once left Poltergeist in the VCR and I watched it by myself after they fell asleep on the couch....I was I think 6.  I was impressed with the writing and the direction of the film.

And this explains a lot. 🤪

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Commanders are almost dead last in their o-line. Rousseue & Oliver leads the strong Bills d-line. Having said that I say Sam Howell will have all the time in the world to look for his receivers and make big plays. Final score Bills 12 and Commanders 40.

Edited by Joe Ferguson
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/21/2023 at 12:34 PM, Gregg said:

I think next week against Miami is when we find out how good the Bills really are. I do expect this game to be close. It's on the road and the weather could be nasty. But the Commanders barely beat a bad Cards team at home and should have lost at Denver. The Broncos gave them the game in the 2nd half. I don't know how much of a solid team they really are.

I think DC is a typical middle of the pack NFL team. So after two weeks to work out the rust the Bills have a good team (on the road) to gauge their talent level and current level of play.

The Fins at home are obviously a good measuring stick for the Bills as the Fins are a better team than the Commanders but how you fare against mid level competition in the NFL is usually a good indicator of who you are.

Either way week by week we learn more about where this team is at. Hopefully against the Commanders the Bills show out

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/21/2023 at 3:25 PM, billsfan89 said:

Bills 27 Washington 20

I think this is a close game. The Commanders have a really nasty D-line and an offense that will likely look to turn this into a one-possession knuckleball ball-type game by playing risk-averse on offense and trying to have their defense at home keep the game close. But I think the Bills defense comes to play and keeps Washington's offense mostly in check and the Bills offense plays more conservatively and just wears them down. I think late in the third the Bills open up a 10 point lead 27-17 but the Commanders about a little more than half way through Q4 kick a field goal and cut it to one possession but the Bills grind down the clock and the Commanders don't get the ball back or get the ball back with little time to go all the way down the field and they just run out of time or turn the ball over forcing it down the field. 

Tight game against a solid team way, we will know a lot about how good or bad the Bills are after this game. 

I feel like you’ve gotta have good disciplined LBers to keep josh from running all over the place and Washington doesn’t really have that.  Bills oline has been quietly playin well this year too…we are not a good matchup for Washington imo.  Bad weather and anything could happen but decent weather and I think we’re lookin at a comfy win I’m goin like 31-17

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.