Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

4 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I think the Bills will enjoy a January trip to South Florida, maybe for a night game.  Josh has played well in that stadium with good results other than the 12OF in the sun game with the Bills offense on the field for 90+ snaps where Diggs needed 2 IVs, OL got decimated with Tommy Doyle finishing out the game although his knee was wrecked and the offense lost the juice to finish 12+ play drives with TDs.  The Bills will play well there in week 18 and the Bills Mafia will show up and make themselves seen and heard.  If they had to return for a playoff game, that would be fine with me too.  

If Bills win next two and Miami loses one it will either be 4:25 or Sunday night, one or other.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If Bills win next two and Miami loses one it will either be 4:25 or Sunday night, one or other.

I think there is a good chance that it becomes the stand alone game. 

I think 3 games are realistic:

Bills @ Dolphins

Texans @ Colts

Browns @ Bengals

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I think there is a good chance that it becomes the stand alone game. 

I think 3 games are realistic:

Bills @ Dolphins

Texans @ Colts

Browns @ Bengals

I could see the Bengals losing the next 2 and be out of it by then.  Of the two left, can see one being 4:25 and other Sunday night

6 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Gotcha. Yeah I'd don't blame Allen for our losses (the jets loss may actually be on him if any). 

now I see what y'all were talking about. Idk but that second link wasn't up there when I first read the post. You're right man!

Tryng to be fiar and objective, Josh 100% lost the game to the jets.  A miraculous catch by G Wilson helped.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

If it weren’t for the Patriots, Jets, Chiefs and Cowboys I would agree with you.  

You have to apply the success metric. The more success a fanbase has.. the dumber they get. So Miami is having it's first real successful season. If they have a couple more, they will out pace a couple of those. The Patriots fans are starting to get smarter as well.

The Cowboys fans are the exception to the rule. They remain at a constant level of annoying/dumb.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Malazan said:

You have to apply the success metric. The more success a fanbase has.. the dumber they get. So Miami is having it's first real successful season. 

So true on their part. They don't look at true metrics though.  Don't tell them they haven’t beat a winning team. Don't them Tua is not as good as Josh. Don't tell them Cook is better than Mostert. It's pure comedic gold browsing their forum. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Tryng to be fiar and objective, Josh 100% lost the game to the jets.  A miraculous catch by G Wilson helped.

The Eagles game too....That INT late in the 4th Quarter deep in the Bills territory gave the Eagles an easy six that allowed them to take the lead....and then that miraculous 61 yard FG in rain!!!

Some really good input here by Peter King on his podcast. 

A few things that hit home sort of speak.

(1)The Bills still have a difficult challenge ahead of them. The playoffs are in question. Feels weird or not right after the Bills two recent wins.

(2) Peter King at the very end almost scolds the Bills and warns the fans. More specifically, he talked about how the Bills squandered wins. 

(3) Both of them unequivocally talked about how good the Bills are. Admitted they are a top team and how others don't want to face them in the playoffs. 

In conclusion, listening to this has stirred several emotions both positive and negative. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I could see the Bengals losing the next 2 and be out of it by then.  Of the two left, can see one being 4:25 and other Sunday night

Have you watched the freakin' Bengals last couple games? 

Those damned cats are playing like their jocks are on fire and hitting will put it out. Browning is playing like Burrows Jr.  I'd like to say it's 3 junk teams they beat, but they beat the Jags (who beat us), the Colts (who have won 5 of their last 6) and the Vikes (sad trombone)

Anyway, I'd like to think KC will thump them, but I'm not at all sure the Steelers have it in them to thump anyone right now.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Those damned cats are playing like their jocks are on fire and hitting will put it out. Browning is playing like Burrows Jr.  I'd like to say it's 3 junk teams they beat, but they beat the Jags (who beat us), the Colts (who have won 5 of their last 6) and the Vikes (sad trombone)

Anyway, I'd like to think KC will thump them, but I'm not at all sure the Steelers have it in them to thump anyone right now.

True, but they were lucky to beat Vikings, Colts are hot, but who have they really beaten, and Jags have lost 4 or last 6, admittedly all to good teams.

Having said that actually think Jags and Colts could win out as playing easy schedules.

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just don't take the Chargers lightly.  Giff will create a team bumb up in performance. Get an early lead and run the ball.

Agree. The way I see it is if the Bills lose to LA or NE they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. 

That game in Miami will likely be a good one. Both teams know each other well. 

11 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I’m all about videos that stir things. 

I didn't think it did that at all. 

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

Is ol’ Pete still saying the stadium deal should be cancelled because of remarks the Bills’ coach made in a team meeting four years ago?

No need to go there. What did he say in the video that was inaccurate or biased? 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No need to go there. What did he say in the video that was inaccurate or biased? 

In the aftermath of the 9/11 story, King suggested that the Bills' stadium deal might be in jeopardy as a result.  He is an absolute fool.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

Its pretty amazing the playoff chances are in doubt over just a handful of plays.  Jets game Garrett Wilson catch and a punt return, Denver too many men on the field, one Tyler Bass field goal against the Eagles.  Its not just every game matters, every play matters.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Find a way to beat the chargers and it is what it is. No matter how bad we want to, we can’t go back and play the Pats game over…just have to move forward and deal with what it is 

Been waiting a month for somebody to say this. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

We already knew all this.  The Bills may have to pay for the sins of losing to bad teams but the hole wasn’t dug too deep yet.

In fairness we also caught a break on the non-call at the end of the Giants game. We're at where we are at, regardless how we got here it's water under the bridge. Still need some help but I'm looking forward to Saturday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Malazan said:

You have to apply the success metric. The more success a fanbase has.. the dumber they get. So Miami is having it's first real successful season. If they have a couple more, they will out pace a couple of those. The Patriots fans are starting to get smarter as well.

The Cowboys fans are the exception to the rule. They remain at a constant level of annoying/dumb.

The Pats fan base is getting back down to the true fans.. all the bandwagon ones have left and are now either in KC, Philly, or the 49ers fans.

More success equal more bandwagon fans..  I still can’t understand why Jet fans are such buttheads… 

Doesn’t want to hear any whining from fans if they miss the playoffs?? What kind of stupid thing to say. First of all, who cares what fans say and secondly why’s he acting like the fans need to carry any responsibility for the team underperforming.

just some weird, almost angry take there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, EffKCChiefs said:

He’s butthurt about Mcdermotts controversial remarks. 

More scandalous than the uneven history of his beloved Pats ? I think not. McClappy used an incredibly stupid example and apologized. He’s been sufficiently slammed and rightfully embarrassed. Move on righteous Pete… 

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Angry 1

26 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Pats fan base is getting back down to the true fans.. all the bandwagon ones have left and are now either in KC, Philly, or the 49ers fans.

More success equal more bandwagon fans..  I still can’t understand why Jet fans are such buttheads… 

NYC brings out the worst in loser fans

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Some really good input here by Peter King on his podcast. 

A few things that hit home sort of speak.

(1)The Bills still have a difficult challenge ahead of them. The playoffs are in question. Feels weird or not right after the Bills two recent wins.

(2) Peter King at the very end almost scolds the Bills and warns the fans. More specifically, he talked about how the Bills squandered wins. 

(3) Both of them unequivocally talked about how good the Bills are. Admitted they are a top team and how others don't want to face them in the playoffs. 

In conclusion, listening to this has stirred several emotions both positive and negative. 

Okay. Tell us something we don't know.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

So basically the Bills have left themselves no room for error and it's because it's their own fault?

Thanks Pete, I wasn't aware.

Exactly. 0.01 for originallity. Next week Peter tells us teams who missed the playoffs just lost too many games. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Aren't they likely down Chase as well now though? I think it is Bengals or Browns for the wildcard. Not sure I see a path where it is both. The Jags / Colts / Texans tussle is more interesting to me. I can see a route to two of those making it. And Denver are still in it. Although I think they have to win out from here and luckily from our perspective if we win out then they are stuck behind us despite the tiebreaker. 

Also from the mind of Peter King:

If I'm New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft,  I have to say no to Bill Belichick  now, hire Tom Donahoe  to run the football side of business, and get on with my life. Because if I'm Bob Kraft, this is the thought process going through my mind today as the Jets stonewall my compensation offer for Belichick and refuse to budge from their demand of New England's first-round draft choice in April's draft: I am willing to give a man with a coaching record of 37-45 full authority over all my football operations by naming him coach and general manager. I am willing to pay him in excess of $3 million a year. And now I have to throw in my first-round pick? I'm already without my fourth-round pick this year, and I'm sure to lose a couple of valued players like Tedy Bruschi and Shawn Jefferson  in free agency. Now I have to throw in the pick that could become Ron Dayne  and may solve our dilemma at running back for the next five years? Maybe I wait a couple more days for the Jets to budge. Assuming they don't, I get on with my life.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020208020725/http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com:80/inside_game/peter_king/news/2000/01/26/ten_things/

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

The Eagles game too....That INT late in the 4th Quarter deep in the Bills territory gave the Eagles an easy six that allowed them to take the lead....and then that miraculous 61 yard FG in rain!!!

That wasn't an easy six, it was a hope and prayer throw on 3rd and 15 into the end zone that we couldn't knock down.  One of the plays of that game not brought up much

2 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

Its pretty amazing the playoff chances are in doubt over just a handful of plays.  Jets game Garrett Wilson catch and a punt return, Denver too many men on the field, one Tyler Bass field goal against the Eagles.  Its not just every game matters, every play matters.

It cuts both ways though. They could have lost to the Giants and the Bucs. Let's be consistent with our analysis. 

• Agree 1

If we can’t beat the Chargers in their current state, or the 3-win Pats**** at home, not only do we not deserve to be in the playoffs, but we wouldn’t have gone far even if we did happen to make it in.

• Agree 4

30 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

So basically the Bills have left themselves no room for error and it's because it's their own fault?

Thanks Pete, I wasn't aware.

What's I find ironic here is all the negative comments towards King. 

He gave Buffalo a lot of praise on how good they are. I believe he said they are a top team that no one wants to play if they make playoffs. 

I guess that part isn't heard because he's on the Bills fans poop list. 

2 hours ago, balln said:

The “illegal man” downfield , New York flag pickup , for a 50 yard screen pass vs pats 

The missed PI call vs the Giants. The missed hail mary by the Bucs.