Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

The problem is that there is only three hours of football a week per team.  And all the rest is time to psychoanalyze.  All this naval gazing is nice and it fills time, but at bottom it means absolutely nothing.  Everyone has an opinion, and in 2023 everyone now has their own facts too. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Casey D said:

The problem is that there is only three hours of football a week per team.  And all the rest is time to psychoanalyze.  All this naval gazing is nice and it fills time, but at bottom it means absolutely nothing.  Everyone has an opinion, and in 2023 everyone now has their own facts too. 

Well said.

16 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Couldn't agree more.   I try very hard to turn the game on when it starts, turn it off when it ends, and only pop into local radio throughout the week.  Especially on long weeks like this one listening to too many talking heads can drive you crazy.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

About 1.30 seconds in Colin gives his opinion on the Bills, McD, Beane, and the identity of the Bills.

Have to say his thoughts seem fairly accurate. 

I'm guessing he says bad things if you think he is right.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

KC retooled their WR room? Did they? They have the worst receivers in the league. KC did a good job rebuilding their secondary and their offensive line. But their wide receivers are atrocious. They had Juju as a one year sticking plaster. I don't call thar retooling. Not at all.

THIS !!!

KC does not even have a legit #1 WR and teams are now mauling Kelce knowing he is their only reliable option.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I call it winning. Whatever they did worked. 

The Chiefs made a great decision to trade Tyreek Hill, even though he's great, and used the salary cap space to keep other players and received 2022 1st, 2nd, and 4th picks and 2023 4th and 6th picks.  In the 2022 draft, the Chiefs traded up in the first round and took CB McDuffie.  I believe that Beane wanted McDuffie over Elam.  Just my hunch.  Anyway, a great trade for both teams and the Chiefs reloaded with young cheap guys and still won the Super Bowl.  They also drafted RB Pacheco in the 7th round.  Andy Reid is just killing it in KC.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

THIS !!!

KC does not even have a legit #1 WR and teams are now mauling Kelce knowing he is their only reliable option.

And they still win. Go figure. Are they the defending champions? 

13 minutes ago, juno999 said:

The Chiefs made a great decision to trade Tyreek Hill, even though he's great, and used the salary cap space to keep other players and received 2022 1st, 2nd, and 4th picks and 2023 4th and 6th picks.  In the 2022 draft, the Chiefs traded up in the first round and took CB McDuffie.  I believe that Beane wanted McDuffie over Elam.  Just my hunch.  Anyway, a great trade for both teams and the Chiefs reloaded with young cheap guys and still won the Super Bowl.  They also drafted RB Pacheco in the 7th round.  Andy Reid is just killing it in KC.

Top notch organization from top to bottom. Can't say that I'm not envious.

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That's not the argument that Cowheard is making. He's talking about "Identity." He's been talking about this for years, but it's all a tautology. It's something like "teams that win a lot have the identity of winning." Also, Cowherd along with the majority of TBD, is a walking, talking (typing), ball of confirmation bias. He makes a take (in this case years ago) and seeks all information to confirm that take and rejects any information that would refute that take. Oh, and just for reference, the Cincinnati Bengals two highest players outside of Joe Burrow play on defense. What's their identity?  

BTW, the Bills had an identity; Josh Allen playing hero ball and carrying the team. Cowherd complained about that, saying that the Bills needed to establish a running game. Now that they are trying to do that, they lack an identity. I don't know what McDermott said about Colin in the past, but it seems personal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 9/8/2023 at 8:07 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This is actually getting absurd. Among much more, Brooks says he has a hard time envisioning us making the playoffs.

So many problems he mentions here as his premise are, in my opinion, baseless.

That Bengals loss seems to have done a real number on everyone not named Kyle Brandt or Peter King.

https://www.nfl.com/news/aaron-rodgers-less-packers-have-sleeper-potential-in-nfc-while-bills-look-like-p

These ‘analysts’ look at just our schedule and conclude it’s tough.  But a lot of teams have a lot of tough games left so they completely lose the context.  Not to mention if Miami has the division locked up week 18 they probably will be resting starters most of the game.  

21 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Top notch organization from top to bottom. Can't say that I'm not envious.

My comment was not about whether KC wins or not. They just got roasted by the freaking Denver Broncos. It happens. I expect them to beat Miami Sunday.

They have a very well-balanced team despite the fact they don't have a "rebuilt" WR corps.

Edited by BuffaninSarasota
add

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

That's not the argument that Cowheard is making. He's talking about "Identity." He's been talking about this for years, but it's all a tautology. It's something like "teams that win a lot have the identity of winning." Also, Cowherd along with the majority of TBD, is a walking, talking (typing), ball of confirmation bias. He makes a take (in this case years ago) and seeks all information to confirm that take and rejects any information that would refute that take. Oh, and just for reference, the Cincinnati Bengals two highest players outside of Joe Burrow play on defense. What's their identity?  

BTW, the Bills had an identity; Josh Allen playing hero ball and carrying the team. Cowherd complained about that, saying that the Bills needed to establish a running game. Now that they are trying to do that, they lack an identity. I don't know what McDermott said about Colin in the past, but it seems personal.

That’s how the world works these days lol come to a conclusion then go digging for the evidence 

19 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

McDermott made the mistake of being a defensive head coach and that doesn't mix with Cowherd's ongoing tirade about offensive coaches being the only coaches who win Super Bowls. Something that he only started talking about in the past two years. Cowherd was very pro McDermott before that. 

• Agree 1

the random talking heads thread could be labeled "clickbait central" I mean really. You can almost script what the blowholes are going to say. Something controversial to garner our clicks. Unnecessairiy pessimistic and pot stirring.

That's what they are pot stirrers.  They know we are a passionate fan base and they will get a lot of clicks.  They stir it and we fans up for MONEY

Im cheap I ain't feeding them zilcho. NOPE.  no clicks from me!

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He seems to have a bias against head coaches with a pedigree from the defensive side of the ball.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

DJax, TO, Hill and Maclin?

Just found the stat and TO and Hill are quoted as two of them. Other two aren't mentioned but I suspect you're correct.

I seem to remember a number of seasons ago the Chiefs under Reid went a hell of a long time (number of games) without a WR receiver scoring a TD for them. Sure Bills beat them during that season. Alex Smith was the QB but even still.....

2 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Just found the stat and TO and Hill are quoted as two of them. Other two aren't mentioned but I suspect you're correct.

I seem to remember a number of seasons ago the Chiefs under Reid went a hell of a long time (number of games) without a WR receiver scoring a TD for them. Sure Bills beat them during that season. Alex Smith was the QB but even still.....

Yea. That was Maclin's second year. He had 1,000 yards year 1 in KC then the second year dropped off an I think he had like 1 touchdown right at the end of the season and it was their first by a WR or something stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MPL said:

McDermott made the mistake of being a defensive head coach and that doesn't mix with Cowherd's ongoing tirade about offensive coaches being the only coaches who win Super Bowls. Something that he only started talking about in the past two years. Cowherd was very pro McDermott before that. 

This.  I used to watch Cowherd, so I can confirm that.  

The whole thing about offensive coaches is not only confirmation bias, but a bit of self fulfilling prophecy.  Since the majority of new head coaches are former OCs, the majority of the best coaches will naturally be former OC's.  That is the self-fulfilling prophecy part.  The confirmation bias comes in when people mention Shanny (a truly great offensive coach), but leave out Josh McDaniels, Eberflus, Lafluer, Hackett, etc. whose teams have struggled.

That said, the NFL rule change direction has emphasized offense.  The fact that OCs are so sought after for HC jobs has created more turmoil for HCs with defensive backgrounds who are likely to lose their OC the moment he looks good.

Not going to bother reading through this entire thread, but I just want to say that the opinions of average talking head in national media don't often have more merit than many of the users of this forum.  Look no further than the misguided opinions regarding the Wyoming QB in the 2018 draft by several of the 'experts'. 

• Agree 1