Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

19 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Andy Reid has been a head coach since 1999 and won his first Superbowl in 2019.  The Eagles fired Reid in 2013 and won a ring in 2017.

So do we have to wait 14 more years with McDermott?

Andy Reid also had 4 straight championship game appearances and a superbowl appearance before he was fired also....McDermott isn't even close to the fired version of Reid 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, muppy said:

so @boyst chatroom rep is vindicated because our head coach stinks and wants a crown for his prophetic gifts? Is that what I'm reading here?

Meh nah  . NICE TRY though 🙂 

question: would you celebrate if McD did win an NFL championship in Buffalo? And when that happens what will you do with your crown?

lol

i double down and call it a fluke. obviously.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm Andy Reid was always chastised for not being able to win the NFCC Game. He would get there and lose every time he got there, he finally gets over that hump and loses to NE in the SB. They never said that about him in KC. Matter fact people thought he over accomplished with Smith. 

So I disagree with saying he was similar to the Bills Coach criticism. He had post season success. 

https://arrowheadguys.com/should-the-chiefs-fire-andy-reid/

38 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

People said the same thing about Andy Reid too. Sometimes it just take time and some lessons to be learned.

And sometimes, like what happened with Andy Reid...a reset is best for all parties involved. 

Moving on from Reid refreshed the Eagles and worked out well for him. It let Andy reset and start new and it worked out for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That was click bait, he literally came to the conclusion that firing Reid would be stupid..  

Since he got Mahomes, the only QB that has stopped him was 1… Tom Brady 3-0 against him in the playoffs.  So any fan calling for the coaches head when the only QB/team was the GOAT that stopped them is silly. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

And sometimes, like what happened with Andy Reid...a reset is best for all parties involved. 

Moving on from Reid refreshed the Eagles and worked out well for him. It let Andy reset and start new and it worked out for him. 

Yeah, there is truth to that too at times...sometimes the same voice starts falling on deaf ears when they have heard the message too many times.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

People said the same thing about Andy Reid too. Sometimes it just take time and some lessons to be learned.

And sometimes it's just obvious but people are hesitant to acknowledge it.  

Citing one exception, even two or three, is a sea of support is hardly inspiring.  

:) 

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

And sometimes it's just obvious but people are hesitant to acknowledge it.  

Citing one exception, even two or three, is a sea of support is hardly inspiring.  

:) 

There is somehow the thought that just because a person hasn't succeeded yet, it means they never will. What most people don't understand is that failure is your greatest teacher most times and if you harness the lessons learned from that, it is what propels you to future successes.  Show me a person who has never failed and I will show you a person who has not accomplished much of anything.

Could you imagine where we would be as a society technologically if people just gave up trying after it didn't work for a few years?  Ask Thomas Edison.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Agree with this. 

And that's the plateau I feel we are on or fast approaching right now. 

Same thing happened with the Sabres and Lindy Ruff.  Great coach...it was just time for a new voice.

• Agree 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Probably because of the faith thing.

see below

22 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

People who have hated McD since the day he got here are rubbing their hands with glee

i liked him when he came. i really wanted Marrone to stay one more year to finish taking out the trash, honestly. but that was ok and mcd vindicated himself from my judgement when he had early success (potentially too early) with the '18 team.

i bought into him as a rebuild team after having Rex run the team with Roman and Thurman, two obvious subpar coordinators. He brought in two great candidates to run the team and it seemed like he could manage being the overseer of the team as HC. Dennison ultimately struggled.

it was against the Chargers that i first noticed a problem with him. he let Peterman start to the discontent of the entire team. to the point that the team gave up and didn't even care. they were messaging people during halftime about how it was messed up. against SD the chargers the coach took the team in unprepared and unwilling to step in when the OC was making a bad decision with peterman when it became obvious.

fast forward to '19 and what he did in Houston. he had the team in a position to win and they choked. that was more of a shrug it off thing but it was the first time we saw a team unable to do anything valuable in the postseason but it was not the last.

by tennessee in 2020 it was fairly obvious that the coach had issues. he took an unprepared team to get their ass handed to them and added a loss next week with an uninterested team against the Chiefs.  the rest of the season rocked with supreme talent and one of the best rosters in the league in a long time.

but 13 seconds was the nail in the coffin. for 2021 it was completely reasonable to see a disappointing loss to old big ben, a miserable jags game, an ass kicking from an inferior colts team we couldn't stop from scoring.

in the end, wins are wins. and most here are happy just being relevant. i think this way of thinking means you're a loser. you either want to win homecoming queen or just be happy being asked to the dance.

the question that gets asked to me all the time is if not McDermott then who? i don't have a solid answer for that because i don't pay enough attention to the candidates. but i do know that fear from possible mistakes is greater than the mistake of satisfaction over mediocracy.

fire mcdermott at the end of the year.

• Thank you (+1) 3

defense has failed in the same manner over and over again  Defending a lead they played scared and soft against Mac friggin Jones  How do you again give up 40 yards on a screen pass ?  That is on McDermott  Not sure how many more failures he needs till he tries a different tactic like dictating to a offense what they can and cannot do

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There is somehow the thought that just because a person hasn't succeeded yet, it means they never will. What most people don't understand is that failure is your greatest teacher most times and if you harness the lessons learned from that, it is what propels you to future successes.  Show me a person who has never failed and I will show you a person who has not accomplished much of anything.

Could you imagine where we would be as a society technologically if people just gave up trying after it didn't work for a few years?  Ask Thomas Edison.

That's fair to an extent, but 7 seasons in with little to no evidence that he's actually learned anything?  

That's where we are.  It's hardly as if we're "inching closer every season much less every game," it's quite the opposite now, with McD toying with drought-era futility, while having Allen at QB.  

Here's the thing, there's no proof, but it's equally and even statistically far more likely that he's not cutting it, and we don't have forever with Allen.  And if his shoulder is bothering him, who knows what's really wrong, I'm sure they won't tell us, and he'll continue to take beatings more often without developments on offense, but Allen's one hit away from us not having him.  

20 minutes ago, muppy said:

consistent to the bitter end. I respect that 🙂

i'd eat some crow that he took us their but still stand on what i said above. he's had to take a lot of lumps to barely learn anything.

let him go back to the panthers and rebuild them.

-------------

i really wish people had more knowledge of how ugly that lockerroom was for Peterman starting over Taylor in '17. McDermott let it happen.

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1

Biggest surprise for Bills fans is our defense isn't good. And hasn't been good for awhile. Twenty nine points against a terrible offense? Once again team goes through us like a hot knife through butter when games in balance. See this too many times. Dorsey didn't lose this our Defense lost this.

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That was click bait, he literally came to the conclusion that firing Reid would be stupid..  

Since he got Mahomes, the only QB that has stopped him was 1… Tom Brady 3-0 against him in the playoffs.  So any fan calling for the coaches head when the only QB/team was the GOAT that stopped them is silly. 

After the 4th quarter collapse against the Colts, I was seeing "Fire Reid" a ton.