Will Kingsley Jonathan make the 53?

I'm Spartacus

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Do they “like” him anymore than Basham and AJ?

Just asking the question…

There ya went and did it, poof the whole premise up in smoke…,

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

He will be the next Mike Love. Around the team for years, occasionally on it.

Sounds about right

If given the chance he probably produces as much as Epenesa and Basham at a fraction of the cost. Still seems unlikely at this point. If Miller was healthy they might be more willing to move on from Epenesa nad Basham but with Miller likely going to PUP they are likely to keep the two guys that they drafted and know the system.

13 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

The Bills seem to really like this guy. If he makes the final roster, what might be the fate of Basham and/or Epinessa? Your thoughts...

Basham has actually looked decent in the preseason IMO. If he's not traded I think he makes it. Epenesa hasn't really stood out to me at all...but he did have 6.5 sacks last year in limited time. 

I'm betting KJ is part of the initial cuts and they try and get him back for the PS. I really like the guy and hope it works out. 

• Agree 4

25 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Sounds about right

If given the chance he probably produces as much as Epenesa and Basham at a fraction of the cost. Still seems unlikely at this point. If Miller was healthy they might be more willing to move on from Epenesa nad Basham but with Miller likely going to PUP they are likely to keep the two guys that they drafted and know the system.

He makes about 800k base salary.  Basham and A.J. about 1.5 or so. Not really significant savings. Not sure I would move on from either of them but I might trade Lawson. 

I’d honestly rather move AJE over anyone else, purely due to his contract status with only one year left in his rookie deal. 

Maybe he’s shown a lot in practice.. he just seems to disappear in preseason games, which was an issue last year despite decent sack numbers. 

We head into next year without any money as it stands, a bunch of guys on one year / last year of deals, and on the DL, only 3 guys under contract if we trade Basham. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d honestly rather move AJE over anyone else, purely due to his contract status with only one year left in his rookie deal. 

Maybe he’s shown a lot in practice.. he just seems to disappear in preseason games, which was an issue last year despite decent sack numbers. 

We head into next year without any money as it stands, a bunch of guys on one year / last year of deals, and on the DL, only 3 guys under contract if we trade Basham. 

Who would want AJE and what would they give with everything you said? 

He’s done enough to probably not be a vet min guy in FA. Which means he will count in the comp pick formula, and keep in mind that Gabe will likely be getting paid elsewhere. 

AJE has more value on the roster so we can try to get a third when Gabe walks.

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

They'll cut him and re-sign him to the PS.

The man is green as a football player. When re-signed they should work him as a MLB. If nothing else at 6'4" 260 he'd be imposing in the middle and the team seems lacking and small at that position.

Our team/FO just seems love these 6'0" 225 converted safeties. 

It reminds me of Dick Jauron 2006-2009

Keith Ellison, John Wendling, Coy Wire, Alvin Bowen, Nic Harris, Marcus Buggs, John Digiorgio, Ashley Palmer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The man is green as a football player. When re-signed they should work him as a MLB. If nothing else at 6'4" 260 he'd be imposing in the middle and the team seems lacking and small at that position.

So he's green as a football player, but they should put him in an entirely different position than he's ever played on and see how that goes at the NFL level? Sure. 

• Haha (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Basham has actually looked decent in the preseason IMO. If he's not traded I think he makes it. Epenesa hasn't really stood out to me at all...but he did have 6.5 sacks last year in limited time. 

I'm betting KJ is part of the initial cuts and they try and get him back for the PS. I really like the guy and hope it works out. 

careful on Basham- he is mostly playing against future amazon drivers

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Robert Paulson said:

careful on Basham- he is mostly playing against future amazon drivers

When people say this it always reminds me of a guy we had a few years back. A RB. Flashed a bit late in preseason games. Thought to myself...ah...good for him but he'll be out of the league next week. He's looking good against the other grocery clerks. Guy just kept playing. Next thing you know the fella actually had a spot on the team and made a former 1st rounder at his position expendable.

Point is, they have to start somewhere and some players use the opportunity to get their reps in, hone their craft a bit and make improvements. While it's easy to see a guy like Basham as a waste due to draft status, sometimes guys just take a bit longer. 

I thought he had a JAGish camp?  At least that is what I have heard.  They guy I have heard played up some is Cam Kline.  I definitely think they could trade Basham if an offer was there.   I hear Shaq is in danger but down the stretch last year the guy was pretty solid.

He's what Brandin Bryant was for us but at the DE position. A talent they like and they'll bring in to camp yearly, just to be released and put on the Practice Squad and be called up when there's an injuries.

With the guys we have at DE and the investments we've made in them, even with Von on PUP, there's no room on the 53 for him.

Epenesa isn't going anywhere this season. Basham could be traded if someone makes an offer, but I think it's more likely they'll keep him with Floyd, Epenesa, and Lawson all on 1 year deals this season.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

to paraphrase a poster from yesterday ( @FireChans i believe, in the breakdown of draft hits / misses)

I think the days of having a Scarecrow on our defense are over. 

We appear to have moved on to a different philosophy.

1 hour ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

What are they gonna do to him??! Beat him up?? Poo on him??

I'm going to go with ***** ?

Yep, s-n-a-t-c-h :lol:

Edited by Simon
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

He makes about 800k base salary.  Basham and A.J. about 1.5 or so. Not really significant savings. Not sure I would move on from either of them but I might trade Lawson. 

Who is going to want Shaq at his age & career stats?

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I think he sticks around. Just a hunch, no rhyme or reason.

I have to agree.  He has some special talents!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.