OT…All is not going well on South Beach

78thealltimegreat

• 78thealltimegreat changed the title to OT…All is not going well on South Beach

When Armstead isn’t on the field, they are a complete disaster.  

And since they have him in bubble wrap (is he even playing in these scrimmages?) it makes sense that they’d look bad. 

Expect to see this almost all year with him:

Wed    Thurs   Fri

Armstead, Terron      DNP    DNP     LP

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Sounds like Tua might wanna double up on the judo lessons

I see a tweet with a lot of "random quotation marks" making it look like "someone of importance said something". 

As much as I believe the Dolphins need work on that OL our old friend turned Dolphin reporter Marcel refutes this.

16 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Patriots have the only decent OL in the division. 🤔

Which is negated by having the worst quarterback in the division. 

10 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Is it as bad as the bills o line?

Does it matter? Second best offense in the NFL last year with a worse version. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Lost said:

Not good for us either considering PFF has that unit ranked 2 spots higher than ours.  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-2023-offseason

These are basically meaningless and even if they were Spencer Brown is the key figure...according to advanced metric person Computer Cowboy he basically moved them from out of the top 10 to 26th by himself. Basically all the other lineman got relatively good grades and Brown got a grade of 8...out of 100!

6 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Bills line is much closer to the Patriots than the NJJ or the Phins. Not sure Patriots line is any better than ours actually 

Their line wasn't that good last year - and arguably got worse.  Reading some of the Pats boards, it's their biggest concern heading into the season (aside from whether or not Jones can take the next step).

38 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

These are basically meaningless and even if they were Spencer Brown is the key figure...according to advanced metric person Computer Cowboy he basically moved them from out of the top 10 to 26th by himself. Basically all the other lineman got relatively good grades and Brown got a grade of 8...out of 100!

For Spencer that's about right. 

I seriously worry about Tua. I could go on about how his geek, dick head coach put winning above health, but we all know that story. 

Tua seems like he’s a fine young man and his brain has taken an absolute beating over the past couple years.  

The last thing I want to see is him helped/carted off the field with another head injury. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 12

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Patriots have the only decent OL in the division. 🤔

Let's see what ours looks like in real games first.  Likely agree, but I'm fine for the moment with Dawkins, McGovern, Morse, and Torrence/Bates for L to R.  Brown is the wild-card.  

I'm hopeful.  I'm not as sold on McGovern as everyone else is, but let's see.  It can hardly be worse than what we've had if Torrence is anything.  

If not, then I suspect all hell's gonna break loose in terms of scrutiny and criticism by season's end.  This is a pivotal season in terms of PR stuff and fan/media reaction.  

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Let's hope that was because of his injury.  

We got what we got at this point.  The rest will work itself out after the season.  

Time to kick some ass.  

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I see a tweet with a lot of "random quotation marks" making it look like "someone of importance said something". 

As much as I believe the Dolphins need work on that OL our old friend turned Dolphin reporter Marcel refutes this.

It is being said in Miami.   It's not a secret that those guys have had disappointing camps.    MLJ isn't an analyst he is an aspiring "insider" aka agent ball-washer who may just have to settle for a recurring role on ESPN afternoon round table shows.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

Are you joking?

No, he is dead serious, 

Edited by Don Otreply

4 hours ago, Lost said:

Not good for us either considering PFF has that unit ranked 2 spots higher than ours.  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-2023-offseason

Pfffff is, as Pffff does!

In fairness, I think they're still without Terron Armstead, so it would be like our OL without Dawkins.

Edited by Beck Water

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If you want to hear from M L-J how about this:

I know the Dolphins offense last year was designed to get the ball out quickly and that may have taken care of the problem, but I remember that the year before Tua was terrible at reading blitzes.  I thought our defense was going to kill him and that was before he had the concussion issues.  Has he gotten better?  If not, and you're willing to risk jamming their receivers and blitzing, it could get really dangerous for him.

14 hours ago, wppete said:

Damn Miami. How wasn’t the OL not priority #1 for the dolphins? I  am worried about Tua’s health. Bills and Jets both have monsters on the DLime. 

Despite learning how to fall when he gets ragdolled, I think Tua will have a few spinal injuries this season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Despite learning how to fall when he gets ragdolled, I think Tua will have a few spinal injuries this season.

The only thing they are teaching him that would be relevant would be slapping your hands on the ground and tuck your chin when you fall....it's called break falling.

Your hands take most of the impact so your head takes less.  It does work but not sure how it translates to the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I'm not gonna say that our OL is good, but the Dolphins struggling up front and our DL getting healthy gives me great confidence.

This is almost exactly what everyone said before the Bills (or some imposters) played the Bengals in the playoffs last year.  

In order to take advantage of an opponent's bad O line, our D line has to show up.

The 3 players listed are not good players in what i've seen.  Not to say that our RT situation has been much better.  Hunt seems pretty solid at RG, and Armstead while older is still everything you want in a left tackle.  The problem is their QB is a lefty and austin jackson is just not very good - tons of athleticism but hes just not physical enough.  Our guy is similar but overly physical and penalty prone.  

A really bad offensive line and Tua's current brain condition don't make a good combination.

Keep in mind every brain expert on the planet has said he should sit out THIS ENTIRE SEASON based on what he went through last season, and the horrific mismanagement of his concussions.

The guy is going to turn into a vegetable on the field some day.

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The only thing they are teaching him that would be relevant would be slapping your hands on the ground and tuck your chin when you fall....it's called break falling.

Your hands take most of the impact so your head takes less.  It does work but not sure how it translates to the NFL.  

this, and perhaps a Q Collar?  

15 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He is a Chiefs fan. Says things to get a rise out of Bills fans. Most of us have caught onto him and have him on ignore 

Pretty sure Pats fan. He let it slip when MacDonkle had a decent drive against us last year and then proceeded to get eaten alive. You would have thought Airseven was ready to claim the second coming of Tom Brady early on in that game day thread. See also his weird Pats online support in this thread.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.