Dalvin Cook released.

Gregg

On 7/27/2023 at 6:20 AM, ScottLaw said:

He’s a RB. Not concerned.

Im not concerned about Cook landing in the AFCE either...but I don't know I would say its just because he is a RB and that RB's are of no concern for a team that has given up 8 TD's and 140 yards per game to RB's in our last 8 playoff games. 

But as far as Cook goes, it would be more of a concern if one of the AFCE teams had a hole at RB and needed him as maybe a final piece.  But none of them do, they all have good to very good RB's right now, so adding Cook won't move the needle much for any of them.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/27/2023 at 9:20 AM, ScottLaw said:

He’s a RB. Not concerned.

@ 73% of this board will be GRAVELY CONCERNED.

It's mostly lazy older guys who have heard "run and stop the run" and "you win with defense" for too many years now, and they haven't caught on to the idea yet that times change.

15 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

They just cleared 33 million in cap space so maybe this was why

This reminds me of the 2000 Washington Redskins who loaded up with a bunch of elite veterans by paying out a ton in signing bonuses. 

Of course, that blew up in their faces with and 8-8 season. 🤣

On 7/27/2023 at 8:14 AM, NewEra said:

I’d be ok with him going to the jets- hall, Carter, abanikanda and zonavan is a great RB room. They don’t need him.

Maybe Breece will be out much longer than anticipated?  Idk, I think they’re set at RB. Rather him in NY than Miami

he and breece are an elite 1-2 potentially

but I think we all feel like an opponent paying a top tier money and drafting a guy very high is not optimizing their resources 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

@ 73% of this board will be GRAVELY CONCERNED.

It's mostly lazy older guys who have heard "run and stop the run" and "you win with defense" for too many years now, and they haven't caught on to the idea yet that times change.

I understand the jab at old football mindset, but the Bills haven't been the best at stopping the run at times. I don't think Cook is going to be great or anything. I'd say the main idea behind anyone "freaking out" would be based on how the AFCE has for the most part narrowed the gap between themselves and the Bills.   NE enjoyed dominance while buffalo, NY and Miami barfed all over themselves for almost 20 years. Why couldn't this level of parody have occurred then?  I like competition, so I'm not too worried until I have to be, but Its not hard understand those who have concerns. 

Oh man, if the Jets sign Cook that opening MNF game this season will be a gong-show banger!!

Cook vs Cook.

Shroom head vs Allen the Hollywood chaser.

McD vs Saleh "We'll see them again".

two ROY on Jets vs " a team with a small window left open"...

But in the end my friend. The Bills will destroy the overhyped  Jets. I can't wait!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I really don’t want Dalvin to Jets.  

I guess I’ve been somewhat out of the loop, but could the Bills possibly be in on Dalvin, especially now with Hines sidelined?  We could release another RB to make additional room, no?  

11 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I really don’t want Dalvin to Jets.  

I guess I’ve been somewhat out of the loop, but could the Bills possibly be in on Dalvin, especially now with Hines sidelined?  We could release another RB to make additional room, no?  

Doubt it.  I think he has a set price that the he wants the Dolphins to pay, but will settle for the Jets if they pay.  

We’re not paying that. 

• Agree 1

On 7/28/2023 at 11:14 AM, ScottLaw said:

The Bills McD defense have had their moments of getting dominated at the LOS… that’s not because of the RB’s they’ve faced.

Tell that to Jonathan Taylor. The Indy line was good, but his elite abilities led to him creating a ton of yardage on his own too in that game.

On 7/28/2023 at 11:04 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not concerned about Cook landing in the AFCE either...but I don't know I would say its just because he is a RB and that RB's are of no concern for a team that has given up 8 TD's and 140 yards per game to RB's in our last 8 playoff games. 

But as far as Cook goes, it would be more of a concern if one of the AFCE teams had a hole at RB and needed him as maybe a final piece.  But none of them do, they all have good to very good RB's right now, so adding Cook won't move the needle much for any of them.  

Signing a Dalvin Cook comes along with ensuring he gets a number of carries per game.   If that means less touches for a Breece Hall or opportunities of Aaron Rodgers to chuck it downfield to Garrett Wilson, count me in.  

Also the NYJ offensive line is somewhat of a question mark with Beckton and an aging Duane Brown at tackle.   Last season Cook’s advanced stats weren’t great behind an inconsistent OL.  

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

NYC's most famous crank for decades..lol

MORE FROM:PHIL MUSHNICK:

NFLPA avoiding its biggest issue shows it only pretends to care about minorities

US women's soccer team is incredibly hard to root for

MLB's hideous streaming partnerships are filled with arrogant greed

Baseball's game-over demonstrations reaching hackneyed levels

Sports gambling grossness hits new low with Special Olympics betting controversy

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

NFLPA avoiding its biggest issue shows it only pretends to care about minorities

Sports gambling grossness hits new low with Special Olympics betting controversy

I’m going to have to start following this guy.

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

All accurate assessments.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

All accurate assessments.

He never treads new ground.  All are obvious beefs. Anyone still complaining about pro sports league greed should just stop posting/writing.  Ditto with sports celebrations. 

He needs to sit in his barcolounger with his transistor radio earplug in and relax in retirement, listening to the old timey radio calls. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He never treads new ground.  All are obvious beefs. Anyone still complaining about pro sports league greed should just stop posting/writing.  Ditto with sports celebrations. 

He needs to sit in his barcolounger with his transistor radio earplug in and relax in retirement, listening to the old timey radio calls. 

He writes for a newspaper and gives his readers reassurance in their feelings by writing those articles. He’s not suppose to be a ground breaking journalists

26 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

He writes for a newspaper and gives his readers reassurance in their feelings by writing those articles. He’s not suppose to be a ground breaking journalists

No, he’s not a journalist, he’s a columnist. he’s been writing the same articles for 40 years. 

I guess some readers need a lot of reassurance.

• 2 weeks later...

Einhorn is Finkle!!! FINKLE IS EINHORN!!!!

But seriously, the potential of James Cook breaking out is what had me content with not going after any of the flashy names. And for all the fantasy players out there....his ADP has been around 70 in most of the leagues I have drafted in already. He's going to win some people big money this year.

In the real world...just the threat of a competent run game that has the ability for a touchdown on any play should give defenses another wrinkle to worry about. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

There is a village of Delavan joke opportunity with this thread I just know it!

You're on your own. I got as far as two Cooks and Yorkshire pudding and then I thought my head was going to explode. This is a bad exercise on a Sunday morning.

To the subject, I'd be excited to try to sign Dalvin Cook if we didn't already have his brother on the roster.

• Haha (+1) 2

Cook looked good yesterday, happy to see him working the ball inside with reasonable success.  The bounce he took at the goal line was nice, that looked like an inside run from the blocking, nothing there, saw it and made it happen.  I’m encouraged and I’ve been a hater of that pick.

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Can't have too many Cooks in the kitchen

Well done!

6 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Cook looked good yesterday, happy to see him working the ball inside with reasonable success.  The bounce he took at the goal line was nice, that looked like an inside run from the blocking, nothing there, saw it and made it happen.  I’m encouraged and I’ve been a hater of that pick.

He was not hesitant to run inside last year. He seems to have good vision and balance which is critical. Looks like a slightly thinner version of Shady at times. Hopefully he can add 10 pounds over time to sustain the hits.

1 hour ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

There is a village of Delavan joke opportunity with this thread I just know it!

It’s Delevan. One stop light, one dive bar. Blink and you miss it.

Some good people come from there.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.