OT…Marcus Mariota cut

78thealltimegreat

I like Keenum and I think they'll bring him back, as they seem to prefer guys who already know the system.

That said, I never felt very confident that Keenum could come in and get the job done.

I don't know if Mariota could, but it will be interesting to see if they look at anyone else out there. Many options.

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Looks like a good reclamation project behind Josh if he wants to be a backup in the league. 

How, he's played terribly most of his career. You mean like Trubisky who became a better QB by not playing then when he had to play, he sucked as usual. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dude sucks, they ran an high school  offense because they didn’t want him to throw the ball, he’s made out of glass. and he acted like a baby when he was benched. Other than that, I like him. 

He’s like a Jake Locker, but with less heart. 

19 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I like Keenum and I think they'll bring him back, as they seem to prefer guys who already know the system.

That said, I never felt very confident that Keenum could come in and get the job done.

I don't know if Mariota could, but it will be interesting to see if they look at anyone else out there. Many options.

I have liked Brisset as a backup to Josh....can run a little

8 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Golladay is like the WR version of Peyton Hillis, 1 huge year.

I’m a fan of his. Hated him going to the giants. He didn’t do himself any favors there either. But I’d still sign him to a vet minimum kinda deal 😜 And this is why I’m sitting on my couch instead of a front office 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DasNootz said:

There are a lot of options for backup QB:

Keenum, Darnold, Mitch?, Wentz, Heinicke, Brissett, Minshew ... Personally I'd take each over Marcus at the same pricepoint.

Minshew II! I want Hard Knoxs in the locker room to catch the stretching action with him and Josh, hopefully his pregame warmup routine will rub off on Josh:wub:

• Eyeroll 1

Keenum, Darnold, Mitch?, Wentz, Heinicke, Brissett, Minshew ... Personally I'd take each over Marcus at the same pricepoint.

I don't think Darnold and Wentz have accepted that they're no longer starters in the NFL.  They'll both be looking for a team where there's a chance they can start.  That's not a dynamic I'd want in the locker room.

Heinicke and Brisset are the best on that list, with Minshew a close 3rd.

• Agree 1

Heinicke would be my top pick yet he's likely going to be looking for starting oppurtunity which he might get with Wentz gone unless Washington trades or pursues someone in free agency/drafts a kid early. 

I'd be open to Mariota as a backup. 

5 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Mariota is fine with me. As is any other reclamation project or former starter, provided that he gets max. $2M. No more spending on BU QBs. Just roll the dice with Josh.

Yea there are a bunch of serviveable options. Trubisky might be out there again too. Let the market fall the first couple of days of FA and then take the best of the serviceable vets left.

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Looks like a good reclamation project behind Josh if he wants to be a backup in the league. 

Hard pass.  Mentally weak and not very good.  So many better options.  

The only thing he brings to the table in terms of fit in Buffalo is he can scramble with his legs.  But that is not even close enough on a team that is a high volume passing team.

Edited by Alphadawg7

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dude sucks, they ran an high school  offense because they didn’t want him to throw the ball, he’s made out of glass. and he acted like a baby when he was benched. Other than that, I like him. 

He's beyond horrible at the NFL level.  I have no idea who would sign him, even if for peanuts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.