NFL Week #18 - Patriots* @ Bills - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, Governor said:

Still think the Bengals weren’t going to crush us? Didn’t think so.

No idea .. every game is different.  

Does it make you feel better to say this?

Yea .. that look bad lately.  We all know.    They also don’t get blown out.  But we’re supposed to assume Cinci would do that night what nobody else can?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

They got rid of that this off-season 

You sure?

A rushing defender is prohibited from forcibly hitting in the knee area or below a passer who has one or both feet on the ground, even if the initial contact is above the knee. It is not a foul if the defender is blocked (or fouled) into the passer and has no opportunity to avoid him.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/roughing-the-passer/

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Playoffs? said:

Jesus. Not only did Allen make a horrible decision, he almost got himself broken in half, we give away points, Spencer Brown goes down… and we kick to New England next. 

People get sensitive when anyone mentions Mahomes or some other QB is better than Allen. I love Allen and wouldn’t trade him for the world… but he needs to smarten up in some of these critical times.  Way too reckless and will always attract haters. 

He has played recklessly at times.  Baffling for a guy who is supposed to be in his maturing prime. 

I don’t wanna get on Dorsey because the stats would say otherwise, but outside of Josh running around making plays this offense hasn’t exactly been exciting to watch. I know the stats say they’re a top 5 offense, but the eye test says their above average at best.

Edited by streetkings01
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

Jesus. Not only did Allen make a horrible decision, he almost got himself broken in half, we give away points, Spencer Brown goes down… and we kick to New England next. 

People get sensitive when anyone mentions Mahomes or some other QB is better than Allen. I love Allen and wouldn’t trade him for the world… but he needs to smarten up in some of these critical times.  Way too reckless and will always attract haters. 

This has been more of a problem in the 2022 season as compared to 2020-21.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

I think the elbow is bothering him.  He would have had an easy touchdown to Beasley against Cincinnati but he sailed it just a bit.  He's gotten so much better about touch passes since he started.  I can't help feeling like his elbow has something to do with it.

I think he messed up his middle finger too.

You could see a bandaid on it on the close ups of him against the Bengals and even in the pregame show he was shaking his hand after a throw.

• Sad 1

Just now, White Linen said:

Not our year.  It's just not coming together.

Agree. Feels like we’ve been waiting for that turning point where everything comes together and we cruise through the playoffs. Simply hasn’t happened and doesn’t look like it will. Would not be surprised to see a first round exit. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, JMM said:

Josh has just been trying to do too much all year. Daboll reined him in. Dorsey can't seem to do it. 

It’s honestly disgusting that as soon as we got to the 15, you just knew they wouldn’t be normal with two timeouts. 

Three straight end zone shots.  

It’s all so predictable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

There was literally no one open where he threw it to.

True.

And he had Cook wide open at the sticks for a fresh set of downs and just got his TD tunnel vision.

Not sure how many seasons it is going to take to get Josh to see those, or if he will ever learn.

He gets too focused on passing into the deeper shell zone where all the DBs have dropped into coverage.

Frustrating.

Edited by WideNine
  • Agree 2

Just now, streetkings01 said:

I don’t wanna get on Dorsey because the stats would say otherwise, but outside of Josh running around making plays this offense hasn’t exactly been exciting to watch. I know the stats say their a top 5 offense, but the eye test says their above average at best.

No identity either.  They have drives where they throw every play.  Others where they mostly run.  Regardless of what is or isn't working.  They don't do a great job of mixing things up within one drive.  When they do, they have success (see their lone offensive TD drive).  It's frustrating.

• Agree 2

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Don't forget the coaches. Matt Friggin Patricia has Pats WR's running free all over the field while the Bills are plastered.

Playing soft, zone defence against a team with 0 weapons. I’m convinced the bills can’t win with Frazier 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Sandhill Mike said:

I think the elbow is bothering him.  He would have had an easy touchdown to Beasley against Cincinnati but he sailed it just a bit.  He's gotten so much better about touch passes since he started.  I can't help feeling like his elbow has something to do with it.

the pass to Diggs was uncatchable. Diggs would have caught it otherwise. Thats standard 17 + 14 equals six modus operandi

that time NOPE. The pass was off (SHOOT)  the Pick yeah that's a different circumstance I dunno 

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Still feeling good about the team?  They look great against a below average team (for like the 8th time this season).  This isn't how you play heading into the playoffs.  This is how you play to get bounced in your first game in the playoffs.  Don't like my posts, put me on ignore.

Or, you could just post something relevant. All teams have their ups and downs as the game flows. After the win you’ll still find something to nit pick about, call it PTSD or whatever. I call it spoiled and too many hot takes. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

I think he messed up his middle finger too.

You could see a bandaid on it on the close ups of him against the Bengals and even in the pregame show he was shaking his hand after a throw.

That was decision making

noninjiry there - all decision making g