NFL Week #18 - Patriots* @ Bills - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, Einstein said:

No he wasn't. The safety literally never moved toward Diggs at all. He stayed right in the intermediate zone the entire time.

No he didn't.

Davis never got open until the ball was intercepted.

I’ll watch it again but that’s not how I saw it. Looked like he was throwing it behind the safety with some anticipation and it was going to be a td to me 

Just now, CapeBreton said:

that’s why nobody should crap on Allen if he makes a mistake, he’s the entire team right now. 

Agree to an extent.  An INT there is a terrible mistake (like his fumble in the endzone against Minn).  He deserves the criticism, just as he deserves credit when he wins us games.  It doesn't have to be an either/or. 

Just now, White Linen said:

If you think Dorsey is coaching a successful strategic offense then you're lost.

No, he's a problem. I think he's a bad match for Josh in all honesty. They're both very emotional and love the highs.

But it's not all on him.

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’ll watch it again but that’s not how I saw it. Looked like he was throwing it behind the safety with some anticipation and it was going to be a td to me 

Here a video of the play again.

It’s okay to say Josh messed up. We don’t always have to defend everything he does.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

No, he's a problem. I think he's a bad match for Josh in all honesty. They're both very emotional and love the highs.

But it's not all on him.

That was one thing that was good with Dabol...he would get all over Josh when he made mistakes (remember the 3 int game in 2019 against the Pats...he chewed Allen out on the sideline for like 2 minutes).  I think Allen needs someone to keep him in check a little.

• Agree 2

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

That was one thing that was good with Dabol...he would get all over Josh when he made mistakes (remember the 3 int game in 2019 against the Pats...he chewed Allen out on the sideline for like 2 minutes).  I think Allen needs someone to keep him in check a little.

Have to wonder how much having Dorsey in the booth and not on the sidelines is affecting Josh too.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

But it's not all on him.

Look at the other side.  It's play calling leading Jones.  Other way around with us.  We succeed when Josh says F it, I'll just create and that shouldn't be.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

KC? Outside of that Raiders game they’ve been down to the wire against teams like the Texans and Broncos. I’d argue the Bengals are playing the best football right now in the NFL.

In the AFC, I agree.  San Francisco and Philadelphia (when Hurts is in) have been scary as well.

Playoffs will be interesting... Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson, Lawrence, Herbert... there are some really good QBs in the AFC.  I expect some crazy games.

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Here a video of the play again.

It’s okay to say Josh messed up. We don’t always have to defend everything he does.

He’s open dude idk what to tell you lol the safety might not have charged in on the curl but it froze him.  He was stationary before the ball was even thrown and the corner was trailing by a step or two.   Davis had plenty of space behind him.  It has nothing to do with blindly defending josh at all. If your qb can’t make that throw from a clean pocket I doubt he’d ever be doing much 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

Just now, Sandhill Mike said:

In the AFC, I agree.  San Francisco and Philadelphia (when Hurts is in) have been scary as well.

Playoffs will be interesting... Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson, Lawrence, Herbert... there are some really good QBs in the AFC.  I expect some crazy games.

Minus Jackson and agree with you.

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He’s open dude idk what to tell you lol the safety might not have charged in on the curl but it froze him.  He was stationary before the ball was even thrown and the corner was trailing by a step or two.   Davis had plenty of space behind him.  It has nothing to do with blindly defending josh at all.

If you think a safety in front of him and CB behind him  = open .... then okay, we can agree to disagree. It will also mean that Allen has been missing "open" receivers all season. Since guys are that type of "open" all year.

It also means that the WR on the right side of the field was WIDEEEEEE open. 

Edited by Einstein

By rule the ball should be placed at 20... if the pass brings the intercepting defender into endzone without them trying toreturn it should be at 20. But have a feeling the ref will mark us down at 1.

Edited by Kmart128

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

If you think a safety in front of him and CB behind him  = open .... then okay, we can agree to disagree. It will also mean that Allen has been missing "open" receivers all season. Since guys are that type of "open" all year.

You’re telling me he didn’t have at least a step and a half on that trailing corner?  He has been missing open throws at times lol I wouldn’t argue that… safety was just hanging out at the 3 or 4 yard line and he would’ve been behind the throw. Neither were really an issue there he just got rocked when he was throwing 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Sandhill Mike said:

They're scary because those coaches are expert offensive minds.   We don't have it.  It's why I'm concerned it's just not working. 

1 minute ago, Sandhill Mike said:

49ers got smashed by the Chiefs and that defense was shredded by the Raiders. 49ers would get cooked by the top AFC Teams. Philly is very talented, but their best win is against the Vikings.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You’re telling me he didn’t have at least a step and a half on that trailing corner?  He has been missing open throws at times lol I wouldn’t argue that 

He had a step yes. But its an incredibly difficult throw with safety in front and a CB a step behind. The throw has to be literal perfection. One step behind and its intercepted by the CB. A pace or two not far enough and hte safety intercepts it.

And if Davis is open ,then the WR on the other side of the field was WIDE open.