Who do you want to avoid in the playoffs?

bills6969

2 hours ago, BattlinBill said:

Dolphins or Jets....

Underrated opponents. Those teams have talent and are designed to specifically beat us. They also play us tough and very aggressive. They'd want to hurt us.

I think teams like the Jags and Chargers stack up against us like the Colts did a few years ago.

I'm not afraid of the Ravens. They're a joke. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, boyst said:

Underrated opponents. Those teams have talent and are designed to specifically beat us. They also play us tough and very aggressive. They'd want to hurt us.

I think teams like the Jags and Chargers stack up against us like the Colts did a few years ago.

I'm not afraid of the Ravens. They're a joke. 

That’s colts game was a tough playoff game tho 

It came down to the wire… And a Hail Mary attempt

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’d like to avoid any team seeded higher than 6, but that’s probably not going to happen. 

To BE the best, you usually have to BEAT the best at some point. We are certainly capable of beating anyone. That guarantees us absolutely nothing. I’m just looking forward to tomorrow night. Focus on the next game is my approach. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s colts game was a tough playoff game tho 

It came down to the wire… And a Hail Mary attempt

It definitely was but honestly it didn't feel like we were ever not in control of that game. With our team and with their ability there is no reason to doubt them in the early round at home. 

• Agree 1

Excluding KC & Cincinnati?

Dolphins and Jets are low key trouble teams for us. Familiarity in division.

Dolphins have receivers that could give us fits. Now, do they have the QB to fully take advantage of said receivers?

Jets are a legit stud QB away from being a serious threat imo. That defense is no joke. Allen has struggled against them. 

I don't believe the Patriots, Titans/Jags, or Chargers are a serious threat to us. Ditto Baltimore. 

To win the SB, we will need to get by at least one of KC/Cincinnati in the AFC title game. Jmo. Question is where will the game be played.

Edited by Billsfanatic8989
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So you dont want to face Chiefs, Bengals, Balt, or LAC?  So youre basically afraid overall to just be in the playoffs since you pretty much named everyone that mattered in the playoffs lol.  

The Browns eliminated themselves, but that would be a bad matchup for the Bills. I thought they played us very well, we were lucky that game got put in a dome.

I’m not scared of anyone, including the Chiefs.

I know the Chiefs and Bengals are capable of beating the Bills. Not expecting an easy Playoff road at all. 

But another 3 point win by the Chiefs today (who are increasingly becoming J. McKinnon dependent for scoring) at home against a disheveled Broncos team, down for long stretches of that game, and the Bills can’t win that? 

Bills can handle the Ravens, we’ve seen that.

Not scared of the check-down Chargers, or the Jaguars (who are coming into their own offensively) because of Lawrence taking over, and whoever the 7th seed is. 

It really does leave the Bengals and regardless of the result, we’ll get a look at them before the Playoffs start. 

The Bills can be beaten, we’ve seen that, but they’ll be in the fight. 

The bye week is what I really want for guys like Milano, Poyer, Phillips, Morse, Josh and his elbow and so on.

34 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

Chargers! Herbert has the offense playing hot. Eckler out of the backfield has been giving everyone fits. On defense Bosa is coming back not to mention Mack on the opposite side. 

I want no part of the Chargers. They have two big receivers and a big TE that specialize in making contested catches.

I would love to see them matchup with the chiefs in the first round because I think the chargers win that game. 

• Agree 1

If Buffalo does not secure the bye, chances are good they will face Miami or New England.  Had KC lost today, then a Buffalo win over Cincinnati would have guaranteed Buffalo the bye in round one.  Unfortunately, KC won, but they were unimpressive in doing so.  

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I want no part of the Chargers. They have two big receivers and a big TE that specialize in making contested catches.

I would love to see them matchup with the chiefs in the first round because I think the chargers win that game. 

And they’re getting Bosa back. They have the talent, and perhaps health at the right time, to be that hot team like Bengals last year. AFC is a gauntlet which is why #1 seed is so critical. A statement of the obvious but worth emphasizing.

• Agree 2

no one.  go play the games.   Seems any top 10 team can beat any other top ten team these days.   I just want the bye.   that I want.   over  50% of bye teams win the SB, the closest percentage is 20%.   Health seems to trump all other variables; seems all the teams in the playoffs have strong rosters, the issue is , how much of their roster is on the field playing at 90%+ ?? 

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

no one.  go play the games.   Seems any top 10 team can beat any other top ten team these days.   I just want the bye.   that I want.   over  50% of bye teams win the SB, the closest percentage is 20%.   Health seems to trump all other variables; seems all the teams in the playoffs have strong rosters, the issue is , how much of their roster is on the field playing at 90%+ ?? 

This is my attitude.   Let us get as healthy as we can and then take on all comers.

5 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

If the Jets make it, I'd want to avoid them. They play really solid defense against us, gives them a punchers chance anytime we get on the field with them.

Outside of that, it's not a big deal.

A crushing loss by the Jets today to Geno Smith. Their playoff chances are not looking good. 

Still think the Chiefs are the toughest potential opponent.  When Patrick Mahomes is on his game, he's pretty much unstoppable.  And without Micah Hyde/Von Miller, our defense is not even as good as last season.  As we learned last year, even an all-time great QB performance from Josh Allen was only enough to make the game a toss-up.  

The Bengals are a terrible matchup for us on paper.  Hope that I'm wrong, but I really think the Bills are in for a rude awakening on Monday night.  Considering the trouble our CBs have had with average receivers, this group is a nightmare.  And if they focus on blanketing Stefon Diggs, I'm not sure anyone else will be able to step up.

After those two, I also think the Chargers WRs would cause us big-time problems.  What usually is our strength (the secondary) is a weakness this season.  Los Angeles has disappointed much of the year, but are getting healthy and hot at the right time.  I believe they could make some real noise in the playoffs.  The defense hasn't been great, but they are just getting Joey Bosa back.

The Dolphins could be dangerous if Tua returns, but I really wonder if there will be pressure to keep him shelved the rest of the season.

I'm not really worried about the Ravens.  I think our defensive staff has figured them out, even with Lamar Jackson playing.

We would severely outmatch the rest of the playoff teams.

At this point, I think Buffalo gets the #1 or #3 seed... depending on the Bengals game.  Unlikely we end up at #2.

My rough guess at the pathway to the Super Bowl with each scenario:

#1 seed = Bye, Chargers (Home), Chiefs (Home)

#3 seed = Ravens (Home), Bengals (Away), Chiefs (Away)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

If the Jets make it, I'd want to avoid them. They play really solid defense against us, gives them a punchers chance anytime we get on the field with them.

Outside of that, it's not a big deal.

Have no idea why this board is so terrified of a 7-9 team. They are exactly who I’d want to face in the playoffs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Still think the Chiefs are the toughest potential opponent.  When Patrick Mahomes is on his game, he's pretty much unstoppable.  And without Micah Hyde/Von Miller, our defense is not even as good as last season.  As we learned last year, even an all-time great QB performance from Josh Allen was only enough to make the game a toss-up.  

The Bengals are a terrible matchup for us on paper.  Hope that I'm wrong, but I really think the Bills are in for a rude awakening on Monday night.  Considering the trouble our CBs have had with average receivers, this group is a nightmare.  And if they focus on blanketing Stefon Diggs, I'm not sure anyone else will be able to step up.

After those two, I also think the Chargers WRs would cause us big-time problems.  What usually is our strength (the secondary) is a weakness this season.  Los Angeles has disappointed much of the year, but are getting healthy and hot at the right time.  I believe they could make some real noise in the playoffs.  The defense hasn't been great, but they are just getting Joey Bosa back.

The Dolphins could be dangerous if Tua returns, but I really wonder if there will be pressure to keep him shelved the rest of the season.

I'm not really worried about the Ravens.  I think our defensive staff has figured them out, even with Lamar Jackson playing.

We would severely outmatch the rest of the playoff teams.

At this point, I think Buffalo gets the #1 or #3 seed... depending on the Bengals game.  Unlikely we end up at #2.

My rough guess at the pathway to the Super Bowl with each scenario:

#1 seed = Bye, Chargers (Home), Chiefs (Home)

#3 seed = Ravens (Home), Bengals (Away), Chiefs (Away)

Excellent post. 

I've stopped thinking about the game this way.  It's obvious to me that there are a lot of teams capable of playing well enough to beat any other team.   The playoffs will be full of tough outs.  

The fact is, no one can afford to lose any more.  Every game is incredibly important.  Bills at least have the advantage of not being out of the playoffs altogether, even if they drop two.  There still are plenty of teams that don't even have that luxury.  

How far the Bills get is going to be about the Bills, not the opponents. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Chargers, I want no part of that game. And having to potentially face both the Chiefs and Bengals. Home field is just so crucial to avoiding all of that. 

Come on--Bills can handle Herbert.  Guys had 4 TDs and 3 int over the past 5 games.  Stop Ekeler and that team is done. 

7 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

No one. You have to beat good teams to win a SB. 

This !!! Everyone is going to be a tough out from here on. Now if you want to talk about who you don’t want to play if we make it to the Super Bowl. Me it would be the 49ers I don’t think we match up to well with them, they run the ball great and can get after the QB. 

9 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Obviously we want to avoid KC and Cincy,  but who else would you prefer we don’t see in the playoffs?

For me it’s Balt and the Chargers.  If Ljax is healthy, with that D they are pretty formidable.  The Chargers are getting hot,  great offense and starting to get healthy again on D (I think Bosa is returning).

We are good enough to beat anybody everyone should be trying to avoid playing us especially in Buffalo 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.