Justin Fields makes me nervous.

ChicagoRic

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

they should build a bronze “Remember the Jags” statue outside of the new stadium.

It can include the final score of that game, a likeness of Josh Allen sacking Josh Allen, and also a rendition of Urban Meyer grinding on that one college girl.

Pregame Fans could slowly walk a circle around it while praying to the gods in hopes of never feeling that level pain again

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Einstein said:

We have trouble sacking QB’s that don’t move all that well. Don’t see us having much luck sacking Fields.

But overall I think we stop them other ways.

His sack percentage is 14.4%.  He's been sacked 46 times, which leads the NFL.

In second place is Russ Wilson, who's been sacked 43 times and his sack percentage is 9.8%.

Statistically speaking, Justin Fields is the worst starting QB in the NFL and it's really not that close.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

If the Bills are capable of losing to Zach Wilson, they can lose to any dog turd quartebacks. I will not trust Frazier anymore and i hope he's fired after we win the Super Bowl. We win it all despite Frazier.

Yeah, this number two defense in the league supporting the 11-3 top seed Bills is absolute garbage.  Garbage, I tell you!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

If the Bills are capable of losing to Zach Wilson, they can lose to any dog turd quartebacks. I will not trust Frazier anymore and i hope he's fired after we win the Super Bowl. We win it all despite Frazier.

hiya Joe. so glad you can share your takes. they always amuse me.

keep up the good work 🤓

3 hours ago, H2o said:

It's no different than when we face the Ravens and Lamar. The only real difference is the Bears are less talented and not as well coached as Baltimore. 

And Lamar is a better passer.

Fields stinks.  Let him run all he wants.  This will be a game the Bills will finally cover on.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

What was the reason BIlls got eliminated in the 2020 & 2021 post seasons? Was it Josh Allen and the Bills offense?

Mahomes.

If we lose to the Bears, it won't be because Justin Fields beat our D, it'll be because our offense was anemic or not careful with the ball.

Edited by WhoTom

I’m not concerned other than a trap game given what a roller coaster high it must have been for the Bills players with the Fish win.

My only concern is we allowed the Fush to rush for 188 yards or so and they are not a good running team.  

The Bengals is a significant concern as we lose ti them, but beat Da Bears and Cheats, and we could drop to the 3rd ranked team in the playoffs if we lose to the Bengals.  You guys should consider pointing you’re concerns to that team.

It’s not a given we win that game in Cincy.  We win all three and no one can take the #1 seed from us, get a bye, all teams come through OP and should be as healthy as possible with a week off.

We will have to play our starters against the Cheats for secure that #1 seed if we win the next two.

If I’m not posting too much before the holidays as it’s the silly season,  Merry Christmas to all of you!

39 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

What was the reason BIlls got eliminated in the 2020 & 2021 post seasons? Was it Josh Allen and the Bills offense?

The better team won in 2020 and the team with the better head coach won in 2021.  It's not like the defense was up against this year's Rams.  The Chiefs have the best offense in the NFL.

5 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

As you can imagine, I see a good bit of Bears football and they are truly a bad team, but Fields is the exception.  While nothing special as a passer, he is a truly impressive rushing QB.  Makes guys miss.  Leaves jocks on the grounds.  Take what should be huge losses and somehow turns them into huge gains. 

It's not just a matter of putting a spy on him either.  The kid has some next level skills.  At 1000 yards rushing and 8 TDs, he's a legit starting RB who also just happens to throw the ball pretty well. 

He's the only the thing that has made the Bears even remotely watchable this year.

On the other hand, he's very very boom or bust.  Takes a ton of sacks and puts up some bad INTS.  It's very much "Good Justin" vs "Bad Justin".

Here's hoping we get more of the bad than good.

I think you know how nervous that you really are about the outcome of the game, which is minimal. Fields is good. The Bears are not. Sure, the Bills could lose. But it will be due to their own mistakes if they do, not Fields alone. He has no weapons, no OL, a rookie HC and the defense is gutted and bad. Other than that…

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think you know how nervous that you really are about the outcome of the game, which is minimal. Fields is good. The Bears are not. Sure, the Bills could lose. But it will be due to their own mistakes if they do, not Fields alone. He has no weapons, no OL, a rookie HC and the defense is gutted and bad. Other than that…

I like their backfield. I wonder what the chances are the Bills land Montgomery in FA next year.

He's always reminded me a bit of Freddy Jackson

6 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

As you can imagine, I see a good bit of Bears football and they are truly a bad team, but Fields is the exception.  While nothing special as a passer, he is a truly impressive rushing QB.  Makes guys miss.  Leaves jocks on the grounds.  Take what should be huge losses and somehow turns them into huge gains. 

It's not just a matter of putting a spy on him either.  The kid has some next level skills.  At 1000 yards rushing and 8 TDs, he's a legit starting RB who also just happens to throw the ball pretty well. 

He's the only the thing that has made the Bears even remotely watchable this year.

On the other hand, he's very very boom or bust.  Takes a ton of sacks and puts up some bad INTS.  It's very much "Good Justin" vs "Bad Justin".

Fields is literally the only Bears player worth worrying about. It’s the NFL and anything can happen on any given Sunday, but that is the territory we are in. 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

The better team won in 2020 and the team with the better head coach won in 2021.  It's not like the defense was up against this year's Rams.  The Chiefs have the best offense in the NFL.

In 2020 Mcd decided to punt and run, playing not to lose. In 2021 it was the 13 ***** seconds fiasco. Josh Allen won that game but McD and Frazier took it away because of their ineptness to guard Kelce.

Just now, Joe Ferguson said:

In 2020 Mcd decided to punt and run, playing not to lose. In 2021 it was the 13 ***** seconds fiasco. Josh Allen won that game but McD and Frazier took it away because of their ineptness to guard Kelce.

For last year, I place the blame squarely on McDermott.  Even if Frazier was the one responsible for giving KC the middle of the field, there's no way McDermott didn't know it and as the head coach, he should have intervened.  But I think it was McDermott's call all the way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

We just can't let him break 11 tackles on any runs.

The way we've been tackling open-field runners, that's a possibility. If we keep trying to wrap guys by their shoulders, Fields could break his own rushing record.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

As he should because he is fast and our defense is slow.

Weird how many people are crapping in Fields when his second year looks a lot (if not even a little better) than Allen’s. He plays on a garbage offense and show some really flashes surrounded by junk. This board loves putting down other teams qbs.

and the bills are far superior to the bears and it should be a cake walk. But the bears have hung in almost every game, combined with awful weather, and the bills not covering in 7 out of 8 could make it somewhat interesting. Imo, these are sometimes the hardest games for superior teams to get up for. Would love to see a nice crap kicking for Christmas 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Weird how many people are crapping in Fields when his second year looks a lot (if not even a little better) than Allen’s. He plays on a garbage offense and show some really flashes surrounded by junk. This board loves putting down other teams qbs.

and the bills are far superior to the bears and it should be a cake walk. But the bears have hung in almost every game, combined with awful weather, and the bills not covering in 7 out of 8 could make it somewhat interesting. Imo, these are sometimes the hardest games for superior teams to get up for. Would love to see a nice crap kicking for Christmas 

I remember you crapping on Allen just the same, if not harder!  So what's the difference? 

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I remember you crapping on Allen just the same, if not harder!  So what's the difference? 

I would say a major difference is I didn’t believe in Allen because it was the Bills and his college stuff. He definitely progressed his second year but never in a million years did I think he would become what he is. 

so I will never I can see fields at Allen’s current level. But dude was like the number 1 player in the country and dominated in college. Not crazy to think he could become a good player with more talent around him and being in the same offense 2 years in a row. I think he’s a dangerous player. That said, our defense is very suited for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Weird how many people are crapping in Fields when his second year looks a lot (if not even a little better) than Allen’s.

Not at all. He's electric as a runner. As a passer he is still missing a lot of basic throws and reads. Allen was reading defenses much better than Fields was in his sophomore season. Right now he is still making college reads.

Fields is not on the injury report for Tuesday.  Forget any notion he's going to miss the game.  II think Fields is still developing.  In a couple years, it could be very scary to face him.  I respect his skills now.  The wind is going to make passing an adventure, assuming the game is played as scheduled.  Fields is on a pace to have the most running yards in a single season by a QB, so Buffalo needs to respect that ability.  The Bills demonstrated they have plenty of work to do in the way of run defense in the game against Miami.

9 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Good Lord. Justin Fields won't have the luxury of having the #3 defense to drag him to a win. We lost because of the Jets defense and 2 Josh Allen interceptions, not Zach Wilson, he had a whopping 154 yards passing and a fumble. One of Josh's interceptions stopped us from scoring at least 3 points and the other led to a 19 yard td drive for the Jets. Chicago has a bad defense ranking 22nd.

That loss to the Jets is the only time this year the Bills have lost to a top 10 defense(3-1, 3 of them on the road).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.