Jerry Sullivan crosses the line. Comments against women.

Draconator

11 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Dude needs to just go away. He's lost all touch with reality. 

Comments against men, too.

I’m not sure which part pukes me most, the part where women are the worst fans, or the part where “generally, women are better than men”

Gross all around, can we finally be done with this unmitigated #######?  

In no way does it make up for dunking on women fans, to then turn around and dunk generally on men. 

Yuck

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2

I have to admit back in the way back day, I defended Jerry as a voice crying out in the drought wilderness holding the Bills’ FO feet to the fire during their annual “heroic marches” to 7-9 records, and the bill of goods being sold to the fans along the way—he wasn’t wrong then, but now as an old dog he’s having trouble learning new tricks where the Bills actually have competent leadership and a franchise QB…he just can’t bear to throw out the script and start from scratch I guess. Now add in some cringe-inducing social commentary reminiscent of the know your role 50’s, and this is a craptastic way to cap off the week for him 🙈

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That's his experience with feedback from fans.

I would agree that female fans do tend to be more easily offended/outraged by criticism of the team.

We do have a lot of male Mother Hens here on TSW as well though too.  

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Jerry has always liked to stir the crap to get reactions appealing to least common denominator,

Now he stirs it with his arm and licks his hand clean.

What would possess you to create that visual?    You are TSW's Tom Brady of creepiness.........your dominance never ends.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

What low rent podcast was this?  That basement smells like failure and radon.  There are about 275,000 people left in the city of Buffalo and I swear half of them have their own Bills podcast, blog, Instagram personality, or OnlyFans.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 14

45 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What low rent podcast was this?  That basement smells like failure and radon.  There are about 275,000 people left in the city of Buffalo and I swear half of them have their own Bills podcast, blog, Instagram personality, or OnlyFans.

And only one of them is profitable.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Do the Bills pull his press credential? I’m Sure that they were annoyed with the “Super Bowl offense” statement (not question). This would give them the cover that they need to get him out of the press room.

I thought the 'lousy hospitality table' remarks of a few seasons back would have gotten him turfed. 😁

10 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

greencheers2_480h.jpg?w=584

Reported.  They're even bringing back 'Hapless Bills Fan' to issue the warning.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Good Morning Football played the postgame with Josh where somebody asked a question about the offense and then said “This doesn’t look like a Super Bowl offense.”  Sullivan immediately came to mind.  Whether it was or not, I don’t know.

Yep. It was Sullivan. Josh handled it perfectly by saying “Ok”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I have to admit back in the way back day, I defended Jerry as a voice crying out in the drought wilderness holding the Bills’ FO feet to the fire during their annual “heroic marches” to 7-9 records, and the bill of goods being sold to the fans along the way—he wasn’t wrong then, but now as an old dog he’s having trouble learning new tricks where the Bills actually have competent leadership and a franchise QB…he just can’t bear to throw out the script and start from scratch I guess. Now add in some cringe-inducing social commentary reminiscent of the know your role 50’s, and this is a craptastic way to cap off the week for him 🙈

The guy only knows one song and he insists on signing it over and over.

• Like (+1) 1

I've muted him for years on Twitter and haven't read one of his columns in maybe longer than that.  I get what he thinks his job is, but he just hasn't been relevant in a long time.  And now he finally stepped in the wrong pile and it's time for him to go.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Good Morning Football played the postgame with Josh where somebody asked a question about the offense and then said “This doesn’t look like a Super Bowl offense.”  Sullivan immediately came to mind.  Whether it was or not, I don’t know.

That's him.

Just now, BRH said:

I've muted him for years on Twitter and haven't read one of his columns in maybe longer than that.  I get what he thinks his job is, but he just hasn't been relevant in a long time.  And now he finally stepped in the wrong pile and it's time for him to go.

Being a good critic involves understanding of a problem. Throwing a tantrum because a team doesn't win enough is not critique.

• Like (+1) 1

Jerry's smart, and generally a really good writer.

This thing about women goes too far. He simply shouldn't have said that, it's rude and ignorant.

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yep. It was Sullivan. Josh handled it perfectly by saying “Ok”

Yeah, the GMFB folks handled it just right. 

Being critical is fine, what he said was fine, but should've been phrased as a question so Josh could have answered it. 

And Josh absolutely nailed that reply. Couldn't have been better.

But that thing about women he said, it was just irnorant.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

He got a LOT of play yesterday on the "Offense not SB caliber" comment in the Josh's PC after the game - they were talking about it on GMFB and all over ESPN shows during the day.  Didn't hear anyone mention him by name though which must have been disappointing for him

Edited by stevewin

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What would possess you to create that visual?    You are TSW's Tom Brady of creepiness.........your dominance never ends.

You're talking to a man wo once crapped in a napkin at a bills game to leave a surprise for a fellow fan.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Do the Bills pull his press credential? I’m sure that they were annoyed with the “Super Bowl offense” statement (not question). This would give them the cover that they need to get him out of the press room.

Sully is grasping the last hanging bit of rope that is relevance…this remark may finally pry his fingers off and let him fall.

With respect to his actual comment:  I think sometimes a lot of folks — in the media and otherwise — forget that the key word here is “fan.”  Not owner, investor, player, or coach.  Not everybody wants to “critically analyze” their sports teams, they just want a diversion and something they can enjoy with other fans guilt free.

I take the Bills “seriously” but I see no point in the obsessive critique and second-guessing by those who have neither input nor control of what actually happens.  You have a choice — watch them or don’t.

know players and coaches make mistakes — all the time.  What do I gain from ruminating about it?

I’ll say what I’ve been saying all year.  This is a fun and very good — possibly great — Bills team.  Enjoy the ride.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Jerry only ever has had one trick, and like many here, he doesn’t know/understand the difference between a critique and constant whining. His journalistic life evidently is centered around being that guy. He appeals to those that only chime in to complain about one thing or another.

GO BILLS!!!

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Said it for years.  The guy is an elitist jerk that takes writing about sports way way too seriously.

There is nothing elitist about Jerry, he is a low brow, lowest common denominator putz, always has been. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.