Bills trade for Nyheim Hines

BLeonard

4 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

I didnt know anything about this player but if even half of what he says is true, I am stoked.  Killer deal IMO.  Gets Moss off the roster, potential slot receiver threat, and maybe punt returns as well?!?!?!  Sounds great!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's freaking hilarious that "Moss and a 5th" was a running joke around here because nobody REALLY thought Beane was going to get someone else to take Moss.

Any way you look at it, our RB group got better, our offense got better, and our team got better.  And we have two RBs under contract for the next two years after this one.

Give it up for Brandon Beane.  The guy is a wizard.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

You all told me Moss couldn't be traded. I knew Beane was up to something when he didn't even touch the ball the other night. 

Beane is a wizard and this is an Upgrade for us. How much to be seen lol 

I don’t think he added much value the colts are just taking him to fill up a roster spot imo 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If you can't do it in one of the best offenses in the NFL, where are you gonna do it?

Somewhere where you can be an every down back. It's tough to stand there cold on the sidelines and then they send you in for 1 play and you run straight into the line for 1 yard and then you are out again until the next series. Watch Moss college highlights and then watch Hines who dances in the hole and then falls down when 1 guy touches him

Meh. Smells like desperation after all the other moves today. "We did a move too!"

Was it a 5th and Zack moss?

I do think he adds to ST in a returner role. Maybe replaces ancient Taiwan Jones as a ST gunner/ace.

Can be effective in spot duty as a RB.

Very expensive next year, probably more then Singletary would be. Not sure that is an upgrade.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But offers less than both Singletary and Cook in rushing & receiving. I don't get it unless he's the #3 RB.

Yeah, I don't know...he looked like he offered quite a lot in receiving against the Bills in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

In what way? His 2 yards per carry this year or his his 7.5 yards per catch, which is less than half of what Cook averages.

Cook’s numbers are drawn from very limited opportunities partly because the Bills don’t trust him yet. The upgrade is the responsibilities that can be placed on Hines….and still with upside.

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Somewhere where you can be an every down back. It's tough to stand there cold on the sidelines and then they send you in for 1 play and you run straight into the line for 1 yard and then you are out again until the next series. Watch Moss college highlights and then watch Hines who dances in the hole and then falls down when 1 guy touches him

So he is going to be an every down back when the Colts have Jonathan Taylor?  Hines wasn't brought here to run the ball, he was brought here to catch it, which he does very well.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I hope this satisfies those fans who want the Bills to acquire somebody just to acquire somebody. I'm sick of that kvetching and I was not convinced they needed to do this. 

Or if they did need to, I was more worried about safety and backup o-line than running back, frankly. I don't see how this is going to help the Bills with their biggest problem in running, short yardage situations, at which they have been terrible. 

But certainly Beane knows more about what they need and who fills the bill than I do. 

Edited by Dr. K

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I think Moss will have a much better career than Hines. Write that down. Moss wasn't going to be able to do it here and needed a change of scenery but he's going to catch on either with the Colts or elsewhere. He's a good player

I mean.... There's a chance. He's got some catching up to do.

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

No but Josh Allen can. Espeically with Davis or a TE pushing him from behind

Yeah I know.. but it would be nice if someone else on the team could as well.. even if just so the opposition has someone else to worry about

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But offers less than both Singletary and Cook in rushing & receiving. I don't get it unless he's the #3 RB.

We’ll find out. I don’t know how they’re planning to use them. He’s a player that would sub in for Jonathan Taylor. He had a true role taking snaps from a top 2 RB. He’s going to take snaps from our RBs.

One of my son's favorite players.   Hines played at NC state - 4 yrs ago my son was at a big annual 4th of July bash on Masonboro island off Wilmington NC and Hines was there - he had just been drafted earlier that year- my son ended up hanging out with him a bit.  Said he was a really cool guy

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

This is what I'm thinking. He replaces Moss as the #3 RB. Who knows though he may get here and with all the weapons we have and Allen as QB maybe he'll show he's better than what he's done this year.

Hines may get more touches than Singeltary.  We don't have Jonathan Taylor.

• Angry 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.