Steelers @ Bills Postgame Thread

Simon

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this game allowed the Bills to test some guys out.  And they did well.  One of the few games in my 45+ years of being a Bills' fan, where I literally say that Pitt wasn't winning this game.  My only surprise, short of that what-I-thought-that-Cook-can-be run from Cook, is that they didn't try to figure out the run deficiency a bit more.  Again, Pitt wasn't winning this game.  Like, at all.  It wasn't close.  But the Bills have to run a little bit more, and here's to hoping that testing out new guys, with the depth on this team, is a start.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Also, also... that failed play with Morris (I think it was?), do you not think that McD and Co were sending a message to KC for next week, as they watch film?  Because even with a slow start, after a couple of great opportunities, they weren't losing this game.  Hence they got cute?  But I think that cutesy play, and the depth of new guys who were involved, most certainly sends a message going into the next game.

2 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Hope poyer is available Vs KC. 

He is key communication keystone to D stopping big plays. 

Edmunds too.  Shakir made the slot WR position interesting.  Maybe they mix him and McKenzie in like they did with Crowder and McKenzie.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Motor played well.

Chandman.  My thoughts are 15-17 for Motor, whether a run or short pass, jet sweep, etc.  And Cook for maybe five short passes.  Keep Moss riding the pine minus an injury, and use cook as the small level Kamara.  Dump off passes and let him fly, studder  step, etc.

Increase Shakir’s 3 RD spot responsibilities as McKenzie comes back from his concussion.  If Davis is 100%, ok, but if not on the ankle, let Hodgins or Kumerow of healthy alternate.  Morris is our second to Knox, but we need Knox next week.

id give rest days to all the dinged up guys.  IDC of Poyer, Phillips, Settle, Edmunds, Morse, Knox, Davis, or McKenzie practice until Tr or F.

Let the boys rest.  We need everyone for next week.  This is what we came here to do.

As Marv always said..

When it’s too tough for Beaker,

it’s just right for us!  

To the true Bills fans on this board like Simon, Chand, Eman, Donuts, and on and on..

WHERE WOULD YOU WANT TO BE RIGHT HERE,  RIGHT NOW!!

Lets Go Buffalo!

Oh , and one last thing..

The best song ever constructed in the world.

Im so fired up!  I think I’m going to watch Rocky movies non stop prior to the game.  Probably not as I’ll give

myself an aneurysm.  Have a good week boys!

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It was an odd game.  We made so many great plays that they negated any mistakes, and we made a few.  

To start with the 98-yard Bomb to Davis and then Davis makes a one-handed catch on a contested ball for a 2nd TD.  WOW!!

To think we had an INT in the endzone and a fumble literally inches from the goal line.  Could have put up 50+. 

The defense gave them short stuff underneath and their rookie QB took what was given, but in crunch time the defense held them every time.   

Next week will be a B I G game, once again in Arrow Head. 

Hoping we get a few more players back (Knox, Poyer).  Did Oliver play, I didn't see him?  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Edmunds too.  Shakir made the slot WR position interesting.  Maybe they mix him and McKenzie in like they did with Crowder and McKenzie.

Shakir is a revelation at slot. I don't see McKenzie highpointing that throw from Allen, and I see that pass going off Crowder's hands for an interception. He also did a nice job returning kicks, including (I think) not trying to return that wonky one that ended up on the three-yard line. He appears to be the real deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, finn said:

Shakir is a revelation at slot. I don't see McKenzie highpointing that throw from Allen, and I see that pass going off Crowder's hands for an interception. He also did a nice job returning kicks, including (I think) not trying to return that wonky one that ended up on the three-yard line. He appears to be the real deal. 

I was thinking the same thing when he caught that.  

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, finn said:

He had an excellent game, except for that and the pass he let go through his hands.

34 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think I’m ready for Cook to get most of the carries. At least with him if he does get some room he’s gone.

Nah he goes down with slight contact, singletary had some good runs with a small crease. Moss needs to be inactive or cut, let Motor and Cook shoulder load with T Jones being the emergency

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

Nah he goes down with slight contact, singletary had some good runs with a small crease. Moss needs to be inactive or cut, let Motor and Cook shoulder load with T Jones being the emergency

Was watching some of the Utah v UCLA game yesterday and they showed the all time Utah Rushing TD leader.  There was Moss sitting miles above any other RB. I don’t know when exactly he went downhill but he certainly has. 

10 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

Shakir we be a valuable weapon moving forward. He catches very well and dangerous with the ball in his hand.  

The only upside to injuries is that other guys get a chance to show what they've got and get experience.  Shakir is a great example...also at Safety and CB.

• Like (+1) 1

I really like McKenzie and root for him, but it's always scary when he gets the ball. The constant muffs, and he's not a big target.

Shakir is on a different level. Sure hands, sees the game better, better running after the catch.

I think a starting three of Diggs, Davis and Shakir is our best option.

• Like (+1) 5

Anyone else feel like the Bills should have scored another 14-20 points this game? Yet they still won 38-3 without numerous starters which is nuts. 

•Kudos to the rookies (Shakir, Elam and Cook)

•OL did a nice job pass protecting Josh

•Welcome back Mr. Davis! Please stay healthy!
•Its so exciting to have a true franchise QB. Great game Josh

•Obviously game plan on D was to keep everything underneath. Bills totally controlled the run game.

•D played physical with lots of pad popping hits!

•Great job to the coaching staff having the teamed focus on the Steelers and not looking ahead to KC.

•Oliver didn’t look 100%
•Please no more T Jones on KO returns

•Hopeful Poyer, Edmunds, Knox and McKenzie are good for next week.

•Also hopeful T White can begin practicing, not expecting him against KC. Maybe against the Packers or realistically against the Jets.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Anyone else feel like the Bills should have scored another 14-20 points this game? Yet they still won 38-3 without numerous starters which is nuts. 

•Kudos to the rookies (Shakir, Elam and Cook)

•OL did a nice job pass protecting Josh

•Welcome back Mr. Davis! Please stay healthy!
•Its so exciting to have a true franchise QB. Great game Josh

•Obviously game plan on D was to keep everything underneath. Bills totally controlled the run game.

•D played physical with lots of pad popping hits!

•Great job to the coaching staff having the teamed focus on the Steelers and not looking ahead to KC.

•Oliver didn’t look 100%
•Please no more T Jones on KO returns

•Hopeful Poyer, Edmunds, Knox and McKenzie are good for next week.

•Also hopeful T White can begin practicing, not expecting him against KC. Maybe against the Packers or realistically against the Jets.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!

I mean we literally saw both a pick and a fumble in the endzone.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Good for Pickett getting in there after taking a brutal but legal shot to the knee.

Not sure if this was discussed more so I just go ahead and ask.

Lawson got a lot of heat for that hit on my local forum. People claimed that it was dirty. I am not an expert and I don't want to defend player just because he is from Bills, so I'd like to ask:

1. Was it a legal hit?

2. If it was legal, was it fully ok? I mean in the sense that if Allen was hit like this would it be completely fine for you?

Refs and Romo surely seemed to think that it was legal.

Edited by No_Matter_What

Fantastic win, no doubt.  Like that rookies were highly involved, especially numbers 10 and 28.  The KC game is going to be super hyped (and it pains me to already see the 13-second stuff replayed a ton!) - In my view, the game while very important and interesting, is unlikely in and of itself to determine home field advantage.  And as at least one other poster has said, we just need to win the last game against them!!!  GO BILLS - Very nice job of taking care of business today!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Not sure if this was discussed morem so I just go ahead and ask.

Lawson got a lot of heat for that hit on my local forum. People claimed that it was dirty. I am not an expert and I don't want to defend player just because he is from Bills, so I'd like to ask:

1. Was it a legal hit?

2. If it was legal, was it fully ok? I mean in the sense that if Allen was hit like this would it be completely fine for you?

It was legal, I wouldn't like Josh getting hit like that but he should throw that away.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

1. Was it a legal hit?

QB was out of the pocket so it was legal.  As for fully ok?  I would say it might have been a questionable attempt being up 38-3 to try to go after a QB's legs running at the sideline (questionable as in, he had no reason to go at him other than running him OoB).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

1. Was it a legal hit?

1- yes

2- yes

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

1. Was it a legal hit?

To be honest at 38-3 down I think I'd be asking why is Josh still out there and why was he taking that big a risk in a garbage time, opening himself up to a tackle.

6 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Not sure if this was discussed more so I just go ahead and ask.

1. Was it a legal hit?

I'm pretty sure Josh gets that call by now. 

Edited by Motor26

42 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Such a bang bang play. Hamlin was going into his tackling motion at almost the exact time Pickett went into his slide motion. Good non call. Plus, he didn’t come anywhere close to hitting Pickett’s head.

Remember too, this year the league decided to allow more contact on scrambling QBs after Mahomes was taking advantage of defenders pulling up, last year.

To me, this was the reason they didn’t flag it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.