Steelers @ Bills Postgame Thread

Simon

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I bet if you reach out to Run Nosh Run, he’ll find something to say the sky is falling.

the crazy thing is we could’ve put up another 21 points if we tried.  That was a mercy kill towards the last 20 minutes.

well the difference is Im not in anyway serious about the above. The rookie qb had like 165 yards when the starting defense left the game. the only complaint I have about this game is I still hate our backup QB.

Edited by gordong

Any Miami concerns should be extinguished. Perhaps it really was the heat. If this team had serious flaws they would have played out today - instead we massacred a team. NFL teams don’t typically beat teams like that.

Bills are the apex #1 and all of the Super Bowl hype was legit, buckle up 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I bet if you reach out to Run Nosh Run, he’ll find something to say the sky is falling.

the crazy thing is we could’ve put up another 21 points if we tried.  That was a mercy kill towards the last 20 minutes.

Well our resident Einstein is all over that with us needing a new Back-up.

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Any Miami concerns should be extinguished. Perhaps it really was the heat. If this team had serious flaws they would have played out today - instead we massacred a team. NFL teams don’t typically beat teams like that.

There was never any concerns...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

As noted somewhere else, there is literally one QB2, and that person plays for the 9ers as their first.  This teams lives and dies with JA17, and I can't think of another team who has the benefit of would-be-awesome QB2.  I can't even include NE, because the Lions are pretty much hapless.

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

3 blown 1st half TDs. Endzone pick, Wild overthrow to Diggs & a lost fumble into the endzone. Rookie QB torches us for 300+ passing yards. HowTF do we leave this game murdering them??

For every bad play we made two awesome plays.  That's how.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

3 blown 1st half TDs. Endzone pick, Wild overthrow to Diggs & a lost fumble into the endzone. Rookie QB torches us for 300+ passing yards. HowTF do we leave this game murdering them??

Not that hard to figure.  This is one of the few games this year where I literally saw zero chance of the opposing team having a chance of winning this game.  And when did most of those rook QB yards appear?

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I know.  I just told him we win by 35 and we have all backups in and this is you’re compliant.  I’m sure the backup long snapper for the 1970’s undefeated Dolphins had flaws too.

my god, it just shows either A, a lack of any semblance of knowing football at the most basic level, or B, you’re a troll from another team.

I don’t care because tools are going to be tools.  Not stating for any one person, just a general comment to the issue.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Short week combined with road game in heat.  A full week and they would have won.

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It was a bend but don’t break defense. Offense made a bunch of chunk plays.

It definitely wasn’t a clean game.

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Motor played well.

I’m splitting reps with Motor.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Remember in the first quarter when a few on the board where complaining Josh was making trash throws…. Yeh that was good times 

I'm from the future. You people still don't appreciate what you have. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

As noted somewhere else, there is literally one QB2, and that person plays for the 9ers as their first.  This teams lives and dies with JA17, and I can't think of another team who has the benefit of would-be-awesome QB2.  I can't even include NE, because the Lions are pretty much hapless.

Tyrod and Heineke were my two offseason QB2 hopefuls. 

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

There are still some pretty obvious issues, but nothing that can't be overcome. The most concerning ones that could derail us against good teams are:

1. Injuries - This is the big "DUH" in the room. Defense has been getting battered. Despite only netting 3 points, a rookie QB was able to move the ball pretty consistently for large chunks of the game (and even pick on Elam repeatedly)

2. Run Game - A lingering concern that I see as primarily a run-blocking issue, not a RB one. Singletary has shown he can find the open holes when they're there, it's just that he's often hit immediately after getting the ball.

3. Turnovers - Every team has them, but we can't keep putting ourselves in bad positions early & rely on the defense bailing us out.

Honorable Mention: Points off turnovers - We had a chance to take a pretty commanding 2 score lead early, then went backwards, got a FG blocked, & walked away with 0 points. This isn't the first time the offense has done nothing after a turnover either. This could be a deciding factor against better teams.

• Vomit 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Such a bang bang play. Hamlin was going into his tackling motion at almost the exact time Pickett went into his slide motion. Good non call. Plus, he didn’t come anywhere close to hitting Pickett’s head.

Edited by K-9
  • Agree 5

7 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

There are still some pretty obvious issues, but nothing that can't be overcome. The most concerning ones that could derail us against good teams are:

1. Injuries - This is the big "DUH" in the room. Defense has been getting battered. Despite only netting 3 points, a rookie QB was able to move the ball pretty consistently for large chunks of the game (and even pick on Elam repeatedly)

2. Run Game - A lingering concern that I see as primarily a run-blocking issue, not a RB one. Singletary has shown he can find the open holes when they're there, it's just that he's often hit immediately after getting the ball.

3. Turnovers - Every team has them, but we can't keep putting ourselves in bad positions early & rely on the defense bailing us out.

Honorable Mention: Points off turnovers - We had a chance to take a pretty commanding 2 score lead early, then went backwards, got a FG blocked, & walked away with 0 points. This isn't the first time the offense has done nothing after a turnover either. This could be a deciding factor against better teams.

We win 38-3 and this is your take-away?  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.