Steelers @ Bills Postgame Thread

Simon

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

QB was out of the pocket so it was legal.  As for fully ok?  I would say it might have been a questionable attempt being up 38-3 to try to go after a QB's legs running at the sideline (questionable as in, he had no reason to go at him other than running him OoB).

Again in the same breath if you want to bring up the score and not trying hard for the play, pickett shouldnt have jump thrown at the same time - made the hit much more dangerous than it was since he left his feet....

8 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Not sure if this was discussed more so I just go ahead and ask.

Lawson got a lot of heat for that hit on my local forum. People claimed that it was dirty. I am not an expert and I don't want to defend player just because he is from Bills, so I'd like to ask:

1. Was it a legal hit?

2. If it was legal, was it fully ok? I mean in the sense that if Allen was hit like this would it be completely fine for you?

Refs and Romo surely seemed to think that it was legal.

Legal or not, both the Shaq and a Hamlin hits were total bush league hits. I would have been furious if it were Josh on the other side of those. 

I am going to chalk it up to third stringers getting too aggressive, and not ill intent. But those are bad looks for the team. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, PolishPrince said:

Again in the same breath if you want to bring up the score and not trying hard for the play, pickett shouldnt have jump thrown at the same time - made the hit much more dangerous than it was since he left his feet....

Can't disagree but he is a rookie.  He's trying to do his best to make any play he can.  Once he gets the nuances of the game he will likely throw that ball away.  We've seen Allen do it in the past where a play was never dead.  No, I'm not putting Pickett on Allens level, just saying that at that stage in both their careers, they didn't know any better so went for it all as much as they could.

Our guy Beane is hitting on more & more draft picks.  Seeing the rookies play so well is good for my soul.

That's how you build a long-term contender, and keep Super Bowl windows wide open.  You're going to lose great vets to FA and retirement - but if you can keep infusing the team with young talent via the draft, the train stays on the tracks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

Just now, Success said:

Our guy Beane is hitting on more & more draft picks.  Seeing the rookies play so well is good for my soul.

That's how you build a long-term contender, and keep Super Bowl windows wide open.  You're going to lose great vets to FA and retirement - but if you can keep infusing the team with young talent via the draft, the train stays on the tracks.

Benford and Shakir have been incredible picks deep in this years draft

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this game allowed the Bills to test some guys out.  And they did well.  One of the few games in my 45+ years of being a Bills' fan, where I literally say that Pitt wasn't winning this game.  My only surprise, short of that what-I-thought-that-Cook-can-be run from Cook, is that they didn't try to figure out the run deficiency a bit more.  Again, Pitt wasn't winning this game.  Like, at all.  It wasn't close.  But the Bills have to run a little bit more, and here's to hoping that testing out new guys, with the depth on this team, is a start.

I really wanted to see a lot more Cook from the outset of the second half. 
    Good for Josh’s stats but we need to get a ground game going. If not in that situation, then when?

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am going to a mention a negative here, because there were so many positives! 

what’s the point in paying all these ST aces again? They could have— but utterly failed to— down two Martin punts inside the 5, and then Taiwan obviously botched the opening kickoff. 

Couldn’t agree more ++

Bass boomed it into the endzone against the wind.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

I really wanted to see a lot more Cook from the outset of the second half. 
    Good for Josh’s stats but we need to get a ground game going. If not in that situation, then when?

This exactly.  I do say that Cook built a little bit of faith today, and that it's something to build on.  Would you disagree?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Legal or not, both the Shaq and a Hamlin hits were total bush league hits. I would have been furious if it were Josh on the other side of those. 

I am going to chalk it up to third stringers getting too aggressive, and not ill intent. But those are bad looks for the team. 

Totally disagree on both

Hamlin is a millisecond late but hits him low and doesn't lead w helmet

Lawson is just trying to tackle the guy, no idea how that's bush league. He's at full stretch basically

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Totally disagree on both

Lawson is just trying to tackle the guy, no idea how that's bush league. He's at full stretch basically

I hear you. But even if legal, both of those hits shouldn’t have happened. Hamlin lucked out because that it called like 99% of the time, even if technically legal. 

Shaq just needed to pull up and not dive. 4th and forever, Pickett heading to the sideline to throw. I don’t think it was dirty— but unnecessary. All I know is I would have gone nuts if that had been a hit to Josh’s knee on that same play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, TheCockSportif said:

This exactly.  I do say that Cook built a little bit of faith today, and that it's something to build on.  Would you disagree?

No.

Moss needs to be third string.

My best guess is they don’t trust Cook’s blocking and blitz recognition.             He has better speed and burst. He seems to have equal vision to Motor ( from what little we’ve seen).

Cool got hit in the foot on his big run and didn’t go down like Motor last week.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Totally disagree on both

If josh Allen got those unnecessary roughness calls on that Hamlin type hit we’d never lose 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I hear you. But even if legal, both of those hits shouldn’t have happened. Hamlin lucked out because that it called like 99% of the time, even if technically legal. 

Shaq just needed to pull up and not dive. 4th and forever, Pickett heading to the sideline to throw. I don’t think it was dirty— but unnecessary. All I know is I would have gone nuts if that had been a hit to Josh’s knee on that same play. 

Definitely got chippy late

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Yeah that's not true, Hamlin wasn't late, you can't just slide the instant before getting hit and somehow make that a late hit, you should have slid sooner. Shaq's isn't late and is a legal hit since he was a runner. When you're getting chased your legs can get hit, he should have thrown it away.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

No.

Moss needs to be third string.

My best guess is they don’t trust Cook’s blocking and blitz recognition.             He has better speed and burst. He seems to have equal vision to Motor ( from what little we’ve seen).

Cool got hit in the foot on his big run and didn’t go down like Motor last week.

Yes indeed.  I literally hated his earlier performances, but this one today?  Maybe he's getting it?  We all hope.

• Like (+1) 1

Only negative from me goes to CBS for switching away from that supreme ass-kicking in the 3rd quarter for the more competitive Browns-Chargers game. :thumbdown:

I had to go scrambling to find a feed and got one just in time to see Cook on the 15 on his way to the endzone. :angry:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Only negative from me goes to CBS for switching away from that supreme ass-kicking in the 3rd quarter for the more competitive Browns-Chargers game. :thumbdown:

I had to go scrambling to find a feed and got one just in time to see Cook on the 15 on his way to the endzone. :angry:

Yeah that was some bull####.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Can't disagree but he is a rookie.  He's trying to do his best to make any play he can.  Once he gets the nuances of the game he will likely throw that ball away.  We've seen Allen do it in the past where a play was never dead.  No, I'm not putting Pickett on Allens level, just saying that at that stage in both their careers, they didn't know any better so went for it all as much as they could.

For sure, I dont blame Pickett for the play, and I think he has every right to react how he did.... its more to me its laughable people claiming Lawson dirty. Lawson also been scraping to stay on an active NFL roster to be honest so hes probably trying to make a play too

• Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah that's not true, Hamlin wasn't late, you can't just slide the instant before getting hit and somehow make that a late hit, you should have slid sooner. Shaq's isn't late and is a legal hit since he was a runner. When you're getting chased your legs can get hit, he should have thrown it away.

I am not saying they were illegal hits. But both easily didn’t need to happen, and the Shaq one absolutely didn’t need to happen. He shouldn’t be diving at all there. 

Steeler fans have a right to gripe about both of those. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am not saying they were illegal hits. But both easily didn’t need to happen, and the Shaq one absolutely didn’t need to happen. He shouldn’t be diving at all there. 

Steeler fans have a right to gripe about both of those. 

Is Hamlin not supposed to go in to make a stop? Shaq is on the edge of our Dline group he's going to make the most of every snap he gets, it's not like Pickett didn't know he was being chased, but we're supposed to treat him with kid gloves because we're winning by a lot?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So great game by the bills and all 3 of the assets of it.

But I have created a little problem for next weekend.

First I placed a bet on this game 3 weeks ago.

Well had to work this morning and did not get home till after 2pm.

So my girlfriend has my laptop out looking at places to go next weekend 🙃 to see the fall foliage yuk. So she has already booked it when I got home to go up to Vermont and do a whole bunch of stuff.  Yeah 

So are there any Dr's on this website that can write me a letter saying I am to sick to travel  🤔 😅

Well I kid have a great weekend next week and I will see you in 3 weeks

• Haha (+1) 1

Look at the replay. To call that a hit is ridiculous. More like, Lawson tripped him up with his hands. It certainly wasn't a crushing blow like some are making it out to be. Pickett's reaction was just plain childish. Then an OL shoves Lawson in the back, grabs him from behind while grabbing his facemask. Should have been a penalty on Pittsburgh all the way.

36 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Not sure if this was discussed more so I just go ahead and ask.

Lawson got a lot of heat for that hit on my local forum. People claimed that it was dirty. I am not an expert and I don't want to defend player just because he is from Bills, so I'd like to ask:

1. Was it a legal hit?

2. If it was legal, was it fully ok? I mean in the sense that if Allen was hit like this would it be completely fine for you?

Refs and Romo surely seemed to think that it was legal.

Allen has been hit like that already, almost too man times to count. What did we do? Nothing because it was legal. Maybe they B-ed a little but nothing else.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Josh Allen is averaging 375 yards of offense (330 passing, 45 rushing) per game.

Real life, not a video game even though it seems like it.

EDIT: 1,651 yards passing, 225 rushing. 14 passing tds, 2 rushing.

Ridiculous.

Tecmo, baby!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FLFan said:

So here it is. The bills are a really, really good team and the  Steelers suck, and all those people fondling  their worry beeds over this game were delusional. 

for what it’s worth.. it’s easy to say that after the fact.  I thought Pittsburgh was slightly better than what they showed.  Apparently not 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Rico said:

I could only get it on Sunday Ticket so I was on that and never interrupted. I know why they do it, but I’m with you….that would piss me off! This is what I signed up for, this is what I want. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.