Steelers @ Bills Postgame Thread

Simon

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

May have missed, any news on Phillips?

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

He did and was dancing on the sidelines at the end. 

Sounds more like he was cramping than he pulled/hurt something if that's the case.

They wouldn't risk him being out for next week otherwise

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Caller on wgr dropping an f-bomb. Hilarious. 

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Drunk guy calling the WGR-550 post game show just dropped a nice F-bomb.

😂

OOPS! I didn’t realize I was live.     🤷‍♂️

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, muppy said:

I think Picket has good potential going forward from today. 

I felt like he was one of the best WRs coming out of the 2022 group. He's been hyped since high school but he was inconsistent at Georgia and dealt with injuries. There was also speculation on his attitude and coachability but if he puts it all together I think he's gonna be a good one. Aside from the INT, dude was eatin' Elam's lunch all day. 

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

I felt like he was one of the best WRs coming out of the 2022 group. He's been hyped since high school but he was inconsistent at Georgia and dealt with injuries. There was also speculation on his attitude and coachability but if he puts it all together I think he's gonna be a good one. Aside from the INT, dude was eatin' Elam's lunch all day. 

Pickett, QB.  Picken, WR.  Think you two are talking about 2 different players.

Bills likely protecting the DBs by playing softer coverage with 3/4 of their secondary out and Edmunds as well.

Gave up some yards but not points.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Elam was fine. Still learning the zone Concepts and Steelers have a WR that will be elite in a couple years Pickens is gonna be a stud. 

So pumped because I drafted him relatively late in one of my Dynasty leagues...have had people trying to trade for him nonstop since last week...

Nope.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Knew it! I still wasn't thrilled with him today, I thought he was playing off his man way too much. 

Again, maybe Elam isn't good, but this game gave the Bills the ability to assess what they had on the bench / newly-drafted folks.  Not a good first game, but... depth was key in this game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Knew it! I still wasn't thrilled with him today, I thought he was playing off his man way too much. 

Tape is now there on what it takes to beat him next week.

Mahommes can make the plays to beat this. And Andy Reid is a bad father but he can coach up plays to exploit the coverage gaps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

It seemed like Pickett threw his way 75% of the game.  Elam was playing way off the receivers and couldn't close fast enough.  His tackling was pretty bad compared to the rest of DB's.  I know he's rookie and it's a learning experience.  I just hope he doesn't get toasted by KC.

GO BILLS 4-1 

I agree. From the looks of it he got torched all game. He must have been thrown at like 25 times and gave up a ton of catches and yards. Not a good game from him IMO. Rest of the secondary looked fine

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

Bills win 38-3 are 4-1 and people still have to find a player to moan and groan about!!!! 

Well, Tremaine didn’t play today so the default candidate for the “he sucks” posts by the usual suspects was out. At least the6 are thinking outside the box a bit for a change.

2 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

You ought to try Fentanyl. I hear there’s a lot of it around.

It’s funny, the first non hospital fentanyl was a patch for chronic pain called Duragesic.  The morons in SFL were shoving it up their rectum as they figured out it was 39% more intense in absorption, and we’re dying from overdoses.  That stuff was a hospital drug exclusively prior to that patch.  Now it’s everywhere.

If you can’t get it done with a couple of pops, you’ve got a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.