With the 25th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Mark Vader

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Chiefs lost Mathieu.   Their secondary got beat up and was really depleted late.    So I wouldn't say that I'd trade those benefits for Tre White being back.........Allen really exploited those.  

The Chiefs also missed 2 easy kicks in the first half.

Bills were fortunate to get back in it late.........we shouldn't pretend like they had the game in the bag for 59:47..........there was a good deal of luck in the rope-a-dope approach on defense nearly getting them out of Arrowhead with a W.

I would have gladly stole a SB from them this year and relished it but they were still the slightly better team..........their playmakers had massive impact for Mahomes both on the stat sheet and how they affected the Bills D plan just by their presence on the field.     

They did…..but if we subbed Tre for Dane, I think we win the game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Skyy Moore - WR - W. Michigan

5'10" 195 ... 4.24 40 yard dash time

Probably will go in the 2nd round but love his speed and can fill in for McKittrick and Beasley.

In the 1st --- Trent McDuffie - CB - Washington

Wallace will likely get paid by someone else so I'm guessing we'll need an upgrade there anyway.

Too soon to tell at this point until after FA.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Thank you for this.

Many disagree (and I'm not sure why) but I think that Allen is so flat out great that he makes most of the offensive players around him look much better than they would with a human quarterback. The man is a generational talent who needs more weapons and better protection. At this point I think that he has at least as much a talent as John Elway and even more raw ability that Trevor Lawrence. Seriously.  Why consider anything else in the early rounds after the resources that we have recently devoted to the defense?

If I was Josh Allen and they drafted a first round corner I would be furious and feel alienated.

This. This. This!!!

We need to stop looking at these types of games as the need to draft more defense. It’s a joke. Allen is our greatest strength and we need to support our greatest strength. If this defense doesn’t have all it needs after all the top picks poured into it, then someone else should be making the picks. 

Allen is the only first round pick on offense in the McD era (unless you wanna include the Diggs trade). It’s so lopsided it’s not even funny. What do teams do when they draft qbs?  They get him weapons. What did we do in 2018?  We traded up for an underachieving linebacker and followed that up with two more defensive players. I don’t know…I just feel Allen deserves the type of talent around him that guys like burrow, Dak, and Justin Herbert have. We owe him that…especially after last night. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Making Josh Allen the best he can be, consistently, should be the top concern this off-season.

It should also be the second, third, fourth, and fifth! 

The way you make Josh consistently better is with a MUCH improved offensive line and more weapons on offense.

A speed burner WR would be interesting; a better RB would be nice, and an elite TE if Knox isn't the guy already.

I would put all resources in those directions.

Look at last night's game!  You think you are going to beat Mahomes with another CB or DT? 

You beat that guy by throwing obscene amounts of points on the board!  That's it! 

We threw 36 on him and it WAS NOT ENOUGH!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

How many draft assets does a defensive-minded coach need to run his defense?  When are they going to strategically focus on protecting their $250M investment by surrounding him with enough talent that he doesn’t have to win games himself?  Not denying CB2 is a need but my gosh they’ve spent a lot on that side…

I agree. I also think the way to beat KC is to win more games than them and then force them to play in our house when the playoffs come. It seems some want more on offense to send it into the stratosphere. Looking back on the season, I keep coming back to the team's inability to stop the run. KC put up over 140yds running last night. NE beat us by running. Colts beat us by running and being multi dimensional. And anyone who watched that Tenn game could see that the D needed 3 guys to tackle Henry. The D needs some run stuffing muscle. It also needs to be better at diagnosing plays (Is it a run or a pass?) On offense keeping Josh upright is paramount and this offense clearly isn't itself if it can't run the ball. Josh's needs trump the needs of the defense, but man it's a close second place. Now how can we solve both problems in the off season?

3 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Please no CB or DE. Draft the best LB, if you have to trade up do it.  Need a playmaking LB that can diagnose and react

I will light this ***** on fire if we draft a friggin linebacker in the 1st Round.  

You watched that game last night and decided we need Nick Bolton?  He clearly made a big difference last night over on the KC defense…

A) Jameson Williams 

B) Kaiir Elam

C) Trent McDuffie

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I will light this ***** on fire if we draft a friggin linebacker in the 1st Round.  

You watched that game last night and decided we need Nick Bolton?  He clearly made a big difference last night over on the KC defense…

A) Jameson Williams 

B) Kaiir Elam

C) Trent McDuffie

A WR or CB would not have helped last night.  A LB would have

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

An elite CB would absolutely have helped. The Bills had no passes defensed on 44 throws.

Serious question I'm working through:

Is it really defense we need to be focusing on? KC (mahomes) is one of the least sacked QBs in the league. The job of the D is to take Hill away and make sure Kelce doesn't kill you. There is only so much coverage time you can expect your DBs and LBs to maintain their coverage. I'm not sure better DBs or even a Buce Smith change the equation too much.

It almost feels like you need to double down on the offense (better OL and keep a wide variety of pass catchers to spread the ball all over the place and add speed there). It just feels like you need to score every time, perhaps our D is just good enough?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Is it really defense we need to be focusing on? KC (mahomes) is one of the least sacked QBs in the league. The job of the D is to take Hill away and make sure Kelce doesn't kill you. There is only so much coverage time you can expect your DBs and LBs to maintain their coverage. I'm not sure better DBs or even a Buce Smith change the equation too much.

It almost feels like you need to double down on the offense (better OL and keep a wide variety of pass catchers to spread the ball all over the place and add speed there). It just feels like you need to score every time, perhaps our D is just good enough?

I think if White was there, we win the game. I don't think a lot of focus needs to be put on D, however, I do think we need a 1b CB and DT1. Other than those two positions, I think our resources should be focused on offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

We scored on 5 out of 9 drives. KC scored on 7 of 10 drives.

You can argue that either way, maybe we need a better defense or better offense. Might as well go BPA within reason.

We are trying to stop KC with a 7th round guy and an undrafted free agent 

Give me a guy with elite size and speed

I trust McD with defensive backs. Let’s see what he does with a corvette. 

We are trying to stop KC with a 7th round guy and an undrafted free agent 

Give me a guy with elite size and speed

I trust McD with defensive backs. Let’s see what he does with a corvette. 

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not sure Brown is a fit for guard... too tall...

I know that's the conventional wisdom but Allen is 6'5" with a high release point and zero issues with finding passing lanes.

I love having Brown on the field but I don't think he's got the feet to be an OT in this league.

You draft a good Tackle and move Brown inside and it goes a long way toward solving two problems with depth at OT and shaky Guard play.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Been saying this for a long time. You simply aren’t gonna hold the chiefs to a low score. You aren’t. Your best bet is to out score them. 

Our defense doesn’t have to be the top unit in the league. We all saw how that worked for us last night. It simply needs to be “good enough”. Our resources need to go to the offense first and foremost and strengthen our greatest strength…Josh Allen. 

32 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

We scored on 5 out of 9 drives. KC scored on 7 of 10 drives.

You can argue that either way, maybe we need a better defense or better offense. Might as well go BPA within reason.

BPA…on offense. 

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

I know that's the conventional wisdom but Allen is 6'5" with a high release point and zero issues with finding passing lanes.

I love having Brown on the field but I don't think he's got the feet to be an OT in this league.

You draft a good Tackle and move Brown inside and it goes a long way toward solving two problems with depth at OT and shaky Guard play.

Wow. Just wow. 

Allen has a high release point?  Do you watch him throw?  It’s more sidearm than high. 

Brown doesn’t have the feet to be an OT?  He had the highest relative athleticism score ever since that became a thing. 

Im not sure what else to say here…

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Yeah we need speed. Jahan Dotson from PSU is another intriguing option that could fall into that slot. I’d love either him or Olave. 

It was brutal that one series where we got the ball almost in KC territory and we handed off to Singletary 3 straight times. That’s not what got us there and they took the ball out of 17s hands. Inexcusable. 

Agreed. I was shocked (too strong of word lol, but jeez...) when the punter came out. When they handed it off on third down and didnt convert, I figured they only tried it was because they knew they were going to go for it on 4th.

9 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Brown doesn’t have the feet to be an OT?  He had the highest relative athleticism score ever since that became a thing. 

Im not sure what else to say here…

I don't know or care anything about the judges scoring, on the field is the only thing that counts.

And like him or love him,  he's been having legitimate struggles mirroring NFL passrushers since he was thrown into a starting role.

• Haha (+1) 1

My guess is they go defense yet again and get a corner, nt, mlb. Id like at least a WR with good YAC ability and some speed.  Another TE wouldn't hurt either.  

For the guy above... they were held under 30 and in some cases 20 and under 8 times this season.  We can do better than 42 points.

Edited by Scott7975

Best LB available to quarterback the defense. We drafted our offensive QB of the future and in the same year thought we had our defensive QB of the future. It was a great plan, but it was a miss. Trade him for what we can get. Draft an instinctual football player and leader to take his place.  

2 hours ago, Simon said:

I hate drafting for need but the Bills are badly in need of quality OTs.

I probably find a way to take the best Offensive Tackle I can get my hands on and then kick Spencer Brown inside.

He's not built like a guard at all 

Brown is strictly an outside tackle using his length and athleticism .. 

He would get murdered on the inside.. 

If the bills want better guards they should draft actual guards but I can almost bet brown won't be it

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Other teams' defenses have stopped the Chiefs or at least held them in check. Tennessee held them to three points. The Bills held them to 20 with White playing. Green Bay held them to 13. They struggled against the Broncos two times and had a hard time dealing with the Denver CBs. It can be done. The Bills need better physical talent at CB. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's not built like a guard at all 

Brown is strictly an outside tackle using his length and athleticism .. 

He would get murdered on the inside.. 

If the bills want better guards they should draft actual guards but I can almost bet brown won't be it

I agree he's not built like a traditional Guard, but it's not 1978 any more either. If it does turn out he doesn't have the feet to play Tackle at this level, you're not going to cut him or just stick him on the bench. He's the kind of guy you want on the field.

As for him getting murdered inside; I'm not buying that. He doesn't strike me as somebody you want to fight in a phone booth. :ph34r:

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

They did…..but if we subbed Tre for Dane, I think we win the game.  

If they don't take the ball out of Josh Allen's hands on several mid-game drives they win the game too.

Roster-wise the Bills have more overall talent..........but less explosive weapons around their QB........which has ultimately decided both of their playoff matchups.

I also think the Chiefs really know who they are as a team..........they are offense driven and don't lean on their defense in games against teams that can put up points..........McDermott still over-trusts his defense at times.

• Like (+1) 6

Buffalo has gone defense first round every year McDermott has been here except the year they traded it away for Diggs. Highly suspect they will go defense again in the first. Cornerback or defensive tackle are most likely. 

Not saying I would do this. But I’m saying this is what I think Beane and McDermott will do. 

12 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm waiting for the combine, but if I had to choose it would be Breece Hall. A dynamic RB would put this offense on another level. I think they can find a center in rds 2 or later, but not a RB with Hall's abilities. IMO

I rather sign Rashard Penny he’s as dynamic as they come and won’t be expensive to sign. Allows us to use our pick on difference making LB or G/C . 

12 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Buffalo has gone defense first round every year McDermott has been here except the year they traded it away for Diggs. Highly suspect they will go defense again in the first. Cornerback or defensive tackle are most likely. 

Not saying I would do this. But I’m saying this is what I think Beane and McDermott will do. 

I have no problem the with the Bills targeting a replacement for Wallace. Hopefully someone with speed. I think FA will boil down to Scherff or a tier2 pass rusher. It's doubtful Tre is ready week 1?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.