With the 25th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Mark Vader

15 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I don’t understand the corner crowd. Beane said in his presser yesterday that they thought about one in round two last year but decided they might not beat out Dane Jackson. There were some good ones still on the board at that point as well. 

There really weren't actually. The 4 true first round corners in last year's class were gone well before we picked. 

On 1/25/2022 at 6:59 PM, LifeLongFan said:

A look into the draft!

We should do everything in our Power to Trade Tremaine Edmunds for a #2/3 pick and use it manoeuvre and navigate in this years draft.  We are so close!!

Our top Priority should be LB Devin Loyd from Utah  - We need speed at Linebacker and this guy is a game wrecker!  We would most likely have to trade up 5+ spots to snag him!

We should also be looking at Dahan Dotson (WR) from Penn State- He has improved a lot and runs a 4.3  ( I will assume that we may or may not re sign Mckenzie)

In addition- another Linebacker in 2nd/3rd round we should be all over is Darrian Beavers- This guy is a beast.

WE NEED to get faster PERIOD!  All Bills Mafia are sick of seeing horrendous coverage in the middle of the field by our backers and people running down hill at them all day!  

I am ok if we need to give up some additional capital, use the pick for Edmunds to move up if need be...   2/3 of these guys would be unreallll

All (3) and I don't see us losing a game next year!   I am serious lol...... 

no champagne for the Dolphins in 2022

Folks keep talking about trading Edmunds for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, as though that's just sitting on the table waiting to be done.

Who's to say if he has that sort of trade market?!  

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

To be fair it’s not just that we need one it’s also a strength of this upcoming draft

Ok…then there should be one later then. This is the argument every year against drafting a WR early.  

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

There really weren't actually. The 4 true first round corners in last year's class were gone well before we picked. 

In the first round yes… But the argument was the second round.

41 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

In the first round yes… But the argument was the second round.

It was a very shallow corner class last year. The number of guys I thought were starters beyond the four first round talents - Surtain, Farley, Horn and Newsome - was very small. They all pretty much got pushed up a round IMO compared to their talent or were very scheme specific. 

To be honest this corner class is a bit deeper, but I don't think it is nearly as deep as the receiver class. 

14 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The dumb guys in this league trade up; the smart ones trade down.

If only it were that simple..... of course it isn't. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/buffalo-bills//

If you look at the Bills UFAs, WR, DE, and DT are all areas that need to be addressed. 

With Wallace being a FA & White's injury likely push CB up the list of needs.

I just think that they go DL, again. At a minimum, it is a safe bet given their track record.

It will be interesting to see how FA changes things and what the needs are looking like closer to the draft. 

On 1/24/2022 at 11:54 AM, GunnerBill said:

Trevor Penning, Offensive Tackle, Northern Iowa. 

Andrew Booth, Cornerback, Clemson

Chris Olave, Wide Receiver, Ohio State

I'm good with any of those. 

Why would we take an Offensive Tackle when we have Dion Dawkins and Spencer Brown? We're not going to move either to the bench and we're not going to spend a 1st on depth.

Best available CB. Tre was taken at 27, imagine getting another CB even remotely close to as good as tre at 25? Wallace simply isn’t good enough and will be way overpaid (hopefully not by a team that expects him to play a lot of man). Rewatching the last two playoff games, Wallace was really bad.

even vs NE he was bailed out by Hyde on that 1st NE drive 

I absolutely hate to say this, I am beyond mortified and repulsed by saying this.. but it has to be a CB RD1.. and I’m equally repulsed and disgusted by saying that we may need to even double dip as high as RD3..

• Strong draft for CBs.

• TreDavious is coming off an ACL.

• Wallace and Jackson are nice depth pieces, but not starters.

• We need some serious help shutting down Kelce and Hill.

• Like (+1) 2

Kenyon Green or a Dline player would be my targets assuming Levi, Bates, Mac and Phillips are resigned the Bills biggest need in my opinion will be to sure up the lines. 

I know Bates solidified the LG position down the stretch but I think Green would add tremendous depth to the Oline and take over for D Williams or Bates after next season.

You can’t go wrong trying to catch lightning in a bottle via drafting more defensive line players. But I am not sure who fits the Bill as a pass rusher either on the interior or edge.

18 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I absolutely hate to say this, I am beyond mortified and repulsed by saying this.. but it has to be a CB RD1.. and I’m equally repulsed and disgusted by saying that we may need to even double dip as high as RD3..

• Strong draft for CBs.

• TreDavious is coming off an ACL.

• Wallace and Jackson are nice depth pieces, but not starters.

• We need some serious help shutting down Kelce and Hill.

You’re 100% correct here. Not sure about the 2nd CB though - I’d like for us to sign a veteran on the cheap. I’d go something like:

1 cb

2 dt

3 wr

4 Guard

sign vet UFA cb, sign gronk, sign difference make DE

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

You’re 100% correct here. Not sure about the 2nd CB though - I’d like for us to sign a veteran on the cheap. I’d go something like:

1 cb

2 dt

3 wr

4 Guard

sign vet UFA cb, sign gronk, sign difference make DE

I would hate to argue with your list of needs, but I think I would go WR RD2 right after we go CB RD1. Other than that, I can’t say I really disagree with you.

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I would hate to argue with your list of needs, but I think I would go WR RD2 right after we go CB RD1. Other than that, I can’t say I really disagree with you.

I love a a speed wr in rd 2 but a big fat DT is a desperate need. We have nobody other than Oliver although I think we resign Harry. Star I think is a cap cut. 

free agency signings or lack of will be telling

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

I love a a speed wr in rd 2 but a big fat DT is a desperate need. We have nobody other than Oliver although I think we resign Harry. Star I think is a cap cut. 

free agency signings or lack of will be telling

Yep, I can’t say I disagree with you. NT is a huge need, but based off of what I know about this draft it seems that it’s very deep at CB and WR. So in my mind, go where the talent is at.

I think WR is a sneaky need for this team. In my mind, both Beasley and McKenzie are gone (Sanders too), so we need to add a couple bodies here. Getting Josh more weapons is our #1 priority. I’m not trying to be so blasé about NT, but I think getting Josh another playmaker would help this team more than a good NT ever could and good NTs can be found RD3 and beyond.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Yep, I can’t say I disagree with you. NT is a huge need, but based off of what I know about this draft it seems that it’s very deep at CB and WR. So in my mind, go where the talent is at.

I think WR is a sneaky need for this team. In my mind, both Beasley and McKenzie are gone (Sanders too), so we need to add a couple bodies here. Getting Josh more weapons is our #1 priority. I’m not trying to be so blasé about NT, but I think getting Josh another playmaker would help this team more than a good NT ever could and good NTs can be found RD3 and beyond.

I don’t disagree. Maybe we can sign a UFA dt or like you said, grab one in rd 3. I guess it all depends on how the board falls. 

On 1/24/2022 at 12:40 PM, whorlnut said:

Yes. Good point. Those 2 series were awful. Just make no sense whatsoever. I know the run game came a long way, but they almost expected that to continue even though it was evident early on that this was gonna have to be the Josh Allen show. Two wasted series. 

You have to wonder if that's McDermott's influence, again. His education is coming along too slowly, and he's holding back this team. Yes, he learned to go for it on fourth down past the 50-yard line. Baby is coming along. But he still doesn't get that you can't waste drives. He punts on his own 34 with one foot to go with the best short-yardage quarterback in the history of football, facing a team that WILL score if you punt. One calendar year to the day from his disgraceful punt- and field-go festival against KC, he still doesn't get it. The Education of Sean McDermott = "D'oh!"

• Agree 1

There are going to be some nice receivers available at the end of round one. I like the Burks kid from Arkansas the best. Also Wandale Robinson from KY might be there for us in Rd 2. Think he would be a good replacement in the slot for Beasley. Get Josh as many weapons as possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

The pick has to be CB.  A starting one won't be available in FA at a reasonable price and with Wallace likely leaving and Tre's status up in the air, it's a need.  They can add a WR or two in FA or the later rounds of the draft.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Exactly. I’m tired of all the early picks on defense. It’s gotten us the number one defense in the league with a lot of solid young players to develop. Enough. 

What we need to do is load up on offense. Our WR are either old or slow. We don’t have anyone that os young with speed. Our RB room is slow too. On top of that, we still need some solid guards to protect Allen and open holes for our runners. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

The pick has to be CB.  A starting one won't be available in FA at a reasonable price and with Wallace likely leaving and Tre's status up in the air, it's a need.  They can add a WR or two in FA or the later rounds of the draft.

No. No. No. you can just as easily add a corner in the later rounds. It works both ways. Time to start throwing some elite traits into this offense and make it unstoppable. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.