Bills defense needs a nickname

Kellyhero68

57 minutes ago, Kellyhero68 said:

Buffalos number one ranked defense needs a nickname. The nickname would draw attention to a defense with ZERO pro bowlers. What are your ideas for the name?

it doesn't need a nickname.  When will fans stop with the pro bowl nonsense. We have a playoff game on Saturday. While I agree we probably should have had a few , complaining over individual recognition in a team sport has always bugged me. Fans will be the first to criticize a player if they complain that they aren't getting enough individual credit.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The No Name, No Pro Bowlers, BEST ***** DEFENSE IN THE NFL. 

Miami's defense had a name like "No Name" in the 70's.  

52 minutes ago, klos63 said:

it doesn't need a nickname.  When will fans stop with the pro bowl nonsense. We have a playoff game on Saturday. While I agree we probably should have had a few , complaining over individual recognition in a team sport has always bugged me. Fans will be the first to criticize a player if they complain that they aren't getting enough individual credit.

Yes, and more strange is that  I remember fans complained when Rueben Brown made the Pro Bowl every year, saying that he wasn't that good.  

I like the idea of having a nickname.   These guys finished the year as the #1 D.  They earned it.   And a nickname can help create a sense of identity.  

Besides, football is a game.  Games are supposed to be fun and nicknames are fun.   

Of the suggestions so far, I like "Cold Front" and "The Blizzard" the best.  

9 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I like the idea of having a nickname.   These guys finished the year as the #1 D.  They earned it.   And a nickname can help create a sense of identity.  

Besides, football is a game.  Games are supposed to be fun and nicknames are fun.   

Of the suggestions so far, I like "Cold Front" and "The Blizzard" the best.  

Nicknames are fun and cool if they come about organically. Campaigning and brainstorming nicknames is lame.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Lets give them the chance to show some playoff dominance before we go through all the hassle. Personally i'm stingy with nicknames. 

Agree 100%.

"The Buffalo Defense," is who they are until one of them is hoisting a Lombardi Trophy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.