Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Meaning they see us as a 1.5 point favorite on a neutral field.

Meaning they think bettors see us as around a 1.5 favorite on a neutral field.

Although I am not convinced that rule of thumb is applicable any more.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Ohhhhh I can't wait for this game.  What a chance to send NE tumbling from a presumptive #1 Seed and Division champs to "In The Hunt" JAGs fighting for a wildcard.

Oh man, how sweet it would be to send them there and then they continue to lose out of the playoff picture.  Would be amazing! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

The smarter team will win..just as they did in round 1. 

That smart team didn't look so smart on Saturday night by allowing a blocked punt for a TD, turnover in the red zone, and a lot of penalties for a team coached by Billy boy. 

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Basically a pick ‘em game in Vegas.

Let’s be honest Pats have been incredibly lucky schedulewise and have gotten the most out of their roster…the Bills have gone through the motions…if the Bills show up this won’t be a game in the 4th quarter…anything less the Pats pull it out 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Basically a pick ‘em game in Vegas.

Let’s be honest Pats have been incredibly lucky schedulewise and have gotten the most out of their roster…the Bills have gone through the motions…if the Bills show up this won’t be a game in the 4th quarter…anything less the Pats pull it out 

This will be a tough game. The Pats are a good football team with a better HC. I see this as a one score game throughout. This will probably be a 27-24, 31-28 type of game.

• Agree 2

This is a big game for many reasons. One sub plot is McCorkle Jones and how he has been playing the last couple of games. In the first Bills game McCorkle was only allowed to throw three times, this said a lot about where his head coach thinks McCorkle is at. Now the Pats won and Belichick is a genius for his game plan, yada, yada, yada. Against the Colts, McCorkle had a decent game but threw a bad pick in the redzone before the half that could have helped change the entire momentum of the game. Knowing what we know about Belichick, I doubt he will have the exact same game plan this next game. This means McCorkle will be more involved in the offense’s success or failure. IF, and yes it’s a big IF, Jones struggles and the Bills win, the whispers about the arm, his ceiling already being reached, and this is why he slipped to the middle of the first, will all become bigger talking points. All the pressure is now on the Pats and McCorkle. Let’s see how McCorkle does, he may thrive and look like TB part 2, or he may not. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

4 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Bills won't be forced to run the ball for 70% of the snaps because of the wind this time around. Payback time. NE is about to run into a major reality check.

I think they ran into a major reality check Saturday, his name was Jonathan Taylor. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Which is scary the way McD has become so conservative this season. Can't trade TDs for FGs Sean!!! 

Good point I agree, he needs to be aggressive in this game especially. He might be able to get away with chipping away at a weaker opponent-not this week.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Success said:

I won't let them lose.

I'm counting on you

27 minutes ago, 947 said:

Will McD/Frazier be smart enough to Not play nickel vs a team that runs 75% of the time?

I'll take that exact defense against that exact offense every time. They scored 14 points. Bills O should win that game every time.

• Like (+1) 3

The NE offense can be stopped.   They look average and unbalanced.  Bills D line has to be disciplined.  Set the edge, maintain gap assignments and pressuring Jones.  Make him uncomfortable.  Colts got after him and he was erratic.  I believe that the Bills will win a close game. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nitro said:

The NE offense can be stopped.   They look average and unbalanced.  Bills D line has to be disciplined.  Set the edge, maintain gap assignments and pressuring Jones.  Make him uncomfortable.  Colts got after him and he was erratic.  I believe that the Bills will win a close game. 

The Colts played like it was their SB, they also got HF advantage. Even with all that it was a 20-17 game with 2:10 to go in the 4th… my point? I don’t see the Bills stopping the pats run consistently, and opening up the PA..

Pats 38

Bills 31

I see Allen having a great day but being stopped 1 more time than Jones and the Pats..  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.