Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Colts played like it was their SB, they also got HF advantage. Even with all that it was a 20-17 game with 2:10 to go in the 4th… my point? I don’t see the Bills stopping the pats run consistently, and opening up the PA..

Pats 38

Bills 31

I see Allen having a great day but being stopped 1 more time than Jones and the Pats..  

The Pats gained 2/3 of their total yardage in the end of the third/fourth quarter with the Colts playing a softer D up three scores.  Not to mention a horrible pick from Wentz that got them right back in it.  Let's not pretend like the game was a close battle the whole way.

Also, pretty arrogant to say "The Colts played like it was their SB"....really feeling yourself there, eh?  They crushed us, played the Bucs close, shutout the Texans, and beat up you guys for three quarters.  Shouldn't teams be playing their best ball in major December matchups in primetime? They're simply playing great ball right now even with an extremely limited QB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Colts played like it was their SB, they also got HF advantage. Even with all that it was a 20-17 game with 2:10 to go in the 4th… my point? I don’t see the Bills stopping the pats run consistently, and opening up the PA..

Pats 38

Bills 31

I see Allen having a great day but being stopped 1 more time than Jones and the Pats..  

The Pats proved they don't actually need to throw the ball to beat us....as long as we don't score any points.

The Bills couldn't stop the run knowing full well the pass was not an option. I have a good amount of worry that that issue becomes worse when passing is allowed. 

That said, it only takes a couple of stops. The Bills need to take points wherever they can, and force NE to drop back more often than they would like. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JustHewIt said:

The Pats gained 2/3 of their total yardage in the end of the third/fourth quarter with the Colts playing a softer D up three scores.  Not to mention a horrible pick from Wentz that got them right back in it.  Let's not pretend like the game was a close battle the whole way.

Also, pretty arrogant to say "The Colts played like it was their SB"....really feeling yourself there, eh?  They crushed us, played the Bucs close, shutout the Texans, and beat up you guys for three quarters.  Shouldn't teams be playing their best ball in major December matchups in primetime? They're simply playing great ball right now even with an extremely limited QB.

Umm the Pats D dropped no less than 4 other potential picks from Wentz.. so let’s not go saying the Colts dominated on O all game, they didn’t. If anything the Pats D let mistakes slip threw their fingers.  The Pats were flat most of the first half and that late pick by Jones hurt in the red zone.. but if anything that Blocked punt annoyed me more than the O Studdering for a quarter. (The O moved it in both the 3rd and 4th quarter) 

That said the Colts were flying around like mad on Saturday.. I haven’t seen that in YEARS from a team.. mind you I don’t see them making the playoffs with their remaining schedule. 

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Easy defensive game plan for Mac Jones. Take away his TEs and make him beat you with his receivers. Have LBs shade the TEs. Mac likes to throw to them in the middle of field. Mostly throw sideline routes to receivers

He throws to Borne and Meyers everywhere, including over the middle. The Pats may be down Agalor. And Harry.. Harry be missed for his blocking ability.. 

Where Jones LOVES to target Henry, is in the red zone. He has I think 9 or 10 TD catches now. The red zone where you need take TE away IMO.. 

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm the Pats D dropped no less than 4 other potential picks from Wentz.. so let’s not go saying the Colts dominated on O all game, they didn’t. If anything the Pats D let mistakes slip threw their fingers.  The Pats were flat most of the first half and that late pick by Jones hurt in the red zone.. but if anything that Blocked punt annoyed me more than the O Studdering for a quarter. (The O moved it in both the 3rd and 4th quarter) 

Well, I think it's kind lame to act like you were just a dropped ball or two away from kicking ass in a game you didn't really score in until garbage time.  By that logic, the bills are really a 12-2 team, if not for coming out flat and a miscue here and there.

In reality you're a five loss team who has beat up on some bad/injured teams and lost to most of the good teams you've played (and even a couple mediocre ones).  You had a stretch of your season that was *****, and you had a stretch that was strong.  Sounds pretty familiar, actually.

To your other point, the O moved it at the end of the third quarter when you were down 20-0 and running out of possessions.  Your other two drives in the third quarter were:

3 plays, 9 yards, INT
6 plays, 22 yards, Turnover on Downs

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What has happened to the Hoodie?!

He is mellowing in his old age.. lol  I can see how that game was frustrating. Your D played amazingly wel for 57 minutes and 50 seconds of the game and then give up that back breaker long TD run. (Which Taylor should have went flat on his bum at the one to end the game but hey..)  He saw his O sputter and be awful for a half just to come alive in the second and needed just one more possession get the win.. but most frustrating the PUNT BLOCK UGH!!

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

He is mellowing in his old age.. lol  I can see how that game was frustrating. Your D played amazingly wel for 57 minutes and 50 seconds of the game and then give up that back breaker long TD run. (Which Taylor should have went flat on his bum at the one to end the game but hey..)  He saw his O sputter and be awful for a half just to come alive in the second and needed just one more possession get the win.. but most frustrating the PUNT BLOCK UGH!!

Didn't the Pats** also win a couple of games that way? And Bills lost a couple of such ? Ifs and butts ...(heh)

45 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Pats 38

Bills 31

literally… no one cares.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JustHewIt said:

Well, I think it's kind lame to act like you were just a dropped ball or two away from kicking ass in a game you didn't really score in until garbage time.  By that logic, the bills are really a 12-2 team, if not for coming out flat and a miscue here and there.

In reality you're a five loss team who has beat up on some bad/injured teams and lost to most of the good teams you've played (and even a couple mediocre ones).  You had a stretch of your season that was *****, and you had a stretch that was strong.  Sounds pretty familiar, actually.

To your other point, the O moved it at the end of the third quarter when you were down 20-0 and running out of possessions.  Your other two drives in the third quarter were:

3 plays, 9 yards, INT
6 plays, 22 yards, Turnover on Downs

A Bills fan of all fans shouldn’t say “ you beat weak teams” when the Bills haven’t beaten ANYONE!!!  

Garbage time? If you think the fact the score could have been 21-20 during said “garbage time” and they were 2 run stops from getting another chance in “garbage” time.  I don’t think that word means what you think it means! The Pats could have very easily won that game. Even with the O not moving the ball the Colts scored only 20 points on the D, the deciding factor was the Special teams and the blocked punt. That doesn’t happen and guess what “garbage” time give the Pats a 17-13 lead and I bet they throw instead of run..   

Mind you what was the score for Buffalo against Indy in BUFFALO? Oh right 41-15 and Allen stats were almost identical to Jones… and Jones had to deal with a Hostile crowd..  (and he unlike Allen (who never got the chance) was coming threw in the clutch when they needed him to. Threading that needle to Henry make it 20-17)  so basically using your logic Jones was a better QB than Allen and gave his team a better chance to win.  (To anyone but the person I’m quoting, no Jones isn’t better by a long shot.. just trying show how silly his point is about garbage time.)

11 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Didn't the Pats** also win a couple of games that way? And Bills lost a couple of such ? Ifs and butts ...(heh)

I was just saying I can understand why BB was frustrated.. the W was there for the taking.. lol

A Bills fan of all fans shouldn’t say “ you beat weak teams” when the Bills haven’t beaten ANYONE!!!  

Garbage time? If you think the fact the score could have been 21-20 during said “garbage time” and they were 2 run stops from getting another chance in “garbage” time.  I don’t think that word means what you think it means! The Pats could have very easily won that game. Even with the O not moving the ball the Colts scored only 20 points on the D, the deciding factor was the Special teams and the blocked punt. That doesn’t happen and guess what “garbage” time give the Pats a 17-13 lead and I bet they throw instead of run..   

Mind you what was the score for Buffalo against Indy in BUFFALO? Oh right 41-15 and Allen stats were almost identical to Jones… and Jones had to deal with a Hostile crowd..  (and he unlike Allen (who never got the chance) was coming threw in the clutch when they needed him to. Threading that needle to Henry make it 20-17)  so basically using your logic Jones was a better QB than Allen and gave his team a better chance to win.  (To anyone but the person I’m quoting, no Jones isn’t better by a long shot.. just trying show how silly his point is about garbage time.)

So the Chiefs aren't ANYONE and at Arrowhead as well.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Bills Pats week 14 has stuck in my craw. We just needed to make a play here or there. We blew it. 

I don't think the Bills got "blown over" like some say. I still think we're better.

We stopped the Pats 2/12 on 3rd downs. Made them punt 6 times. They didn't kill us as bad as the narrative. 9 TFLs for loss by Bills, and yup that 65 yard run skews things.

Just a lot to unpack in that game.

It was also an oddity that Pats went for 2 due to wind, making our final drive need to be a TD.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Regarding us not beating anyone...that's why I said "Sounds pretty familiar, actually."  Because that's us, too.  We're having similar seasons.  That was the point I was making.  Lol.

The rest of your post is just so full of hypotheticals and hardly coherent statements I'm not sure what to say.  But to summarize--the game situation changed as the game was winding down, and Indy wasn't playing the same scheme they had used to stifle you for most of the game.  That's all.

Take it easy, Francis.

• Like (+1) 1

Confession:  I used to kind of pull for the Pats in the Grogan days, and I wanted them to win the SB against the Rams.

Weird to think about that now.  My wish now is that they lose every game until the end of eternity.

Mac Jones is who we thought he was.  He was never going to play up to the hype he was getting anyway - but he is so limited.  The only thing keeping him from being the worst of that class is that O-line, which basically gives him all day to survey the field when he drops back. And he still threw 2 crucial picks w/ that kind of time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.