Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

So the Chiefs aren't ANYONE and at Arrowhead as well.

Don't worry, they're busily typing a response about how our KC win doesn't count because KC was playing badly at the time or something.  Or how that game was the Bills personal Super Bowl, so much like the Colts on Saturday, it doesn't really count.

I've lurked on this board a long time.  This person was so much less contentious when the Pats were front running Super Bowl locks every year.  Funny how that works.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Have mods considered a separate thread for Cheater fans to post to like was done for last game?  I'm all for a Cheater-fan-free Bills pre-game thread 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JustHewIt said:

Don't worry, they're busily typing a response about how our KC win doesn't count because KC was playing badly at the time or something.  Or how that game was the Bills personal Super Bowl, so much like the Colts on Saturday, it doesn't really count.

I've lurked on this board a long time.  This person was so much less contentious when the Pats were front running Super Bowl locks every year.  Funny how that works.

I think the "Super Bowl" comment is always only reserved for teams playing the Patriots.  It's always every team's "Super Bowl" to Pats fans. Even though they celebrate like crazy when they beat the Bills now, or just about any team.

Gotta love that jaded Pats fan disposition.  "Ho hum....we know this game is your Super Bowl, but for us, the season doesn't really start until January."  Or, "How cute - you're actually excited about just making the playoffs."

They're all like trust fund kids now.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Colts played like it was their SB, they also got HF advantage. Even with all that it was a 20-17 game with 2:10 to go in the 4th… my point? I don’t see the Bills stopping the pats run consistently, and opening up the PA..

Pats 38

Bills 31

I see Allen having a great day but being stopped 1 more time than Jones and the Pats..  

Home field advantage?  NE has a losing record at home.   

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Success said:

I think the "Super Bowl" comment is always only reserved for teams playing the Patriots.  It's always every team's "Super Bowl" to Pats fans. Even though they celebrate like crazy when they beat the Bills now, or just about any team.

Gotta love that jaded Pats fan disposition.  "Ho hum....we know this game is your Super Bowl, but for us, the season doesn't really start until January."  Or, "How cute - you're actually excited about just making the playoffs."

They're all like trust fund kids now.

Wait until Bill retires and they have to go thru a real rebuild. They will drop the Pats in a NY minute and just stick with their precious Sox. Even the B's and Celtics will get more attention when that happens.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Easy defensive game plan for Mac Jones. Take away his TEs and make him beat you with his receivers. Have LBs shade the TEs. Mac likes to throw to them in the middle of field. Mostly throw sideline routes to receivers

The D line have to push the middle on pass rush and keep their arms up.  Knock down those passes.

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Home field advantage?  NE has a losing record at home.   

Ya and we had most of them early in the year and against dang good teams. TB, Dallas, New Orleans.. (Dallas and TB games were exciting too, even in a loss) 

HFA = loud crowd noise… unlike at home. 

Last game the weather took away what we do best and allowed the Pats to play very very safe football. I think Bill loved that because McDs defense always rattled Brady a bit, why would he want Mac to face it. This game will be totally different, I think the Bills are gonna thump them. 

I’m glad that Aj Klein will be available for this game. I think we win the first matchup if we didn’t have to play either Dotson or Taron 💯 of the time.  

Taron has had a great season, but he’s been a liability vs the run this season.  Most of the long runs against us we’re a result of him not making the play iirc.  Tough to play nickel 43% of the time vs a team that threw the ball 3 times, all poorly thrown.  

35 minutes ago, Greg S said:

So the Chiefs aren't ANYONE and at Arrowhead as well.

Not when you faced them! They were a mess and just playing gods awful! Mind you they still don’t look right to me.  Meanwhile you mention one.. 

Pats—- Cleveland, Chargers, Bills, Titans

close losses:

TB, Dallas, Colts,Miami

Bills. —Chiefs

close losses;

TB, Jags, Pats, Titans, Steelers

so again Chiefs kinda stunk then (they did start 2-4 like the Pats)

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Not when you faced them! They were a mess and just playing gods awful! Mind you they still don’t look right to me.  Meanwhile you mention one.. 

close losses:

TB, Dallas, Colts,Miami

Bills. —Chiefs

close losses;

Excuses are for losers. If we are going to play that game then I say Colts win over the Bills doesn't count because the Bills had key injuries. The Pats win over the Bills doesn't count either because it was too windy that night. All wins count and it doesn't matter when the game was played. The Bills beat a tough Chiefs team in Arrowhead and that counts as an impressive win.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

close losses:

TB, Dallas, Colts,Miami

Bills. —Chiefs

close losses;

So the chiefs were bad and playing awful….., but when the pats played the 5-4 browns without either starting RB, their starting C JC tretter and RT Conklin.  The pats missed Collins and Harris.

So the chiefs were bad and playing awful…..but the pats played the titans…..who had just lost to the texans the prior week….. without Henry, Aj brown, Julio Jones…..their starting RG, 2 of their 3 best LBs and more.  The pats missed…. No one. 

but those are good wins.  Oh the irony.  

The chargers win was 👍🏻 

The Bills game was played in tornado.  Daboll beat the Bills more than the patriots beat them.  One run and one great referee spot.  I’ll give you a good win even though we beat ourselves.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

So the chiefs were bad and playing awful….., but when the pats played the 5-4 browns without either starting RB, their starting C JC tretter and RT Conklin.  The pats missed Collins and Harris.

So the chiefs were bad and playing awful…..but the pats played the titans…..who had just lost to the texans the prior week….. without Henry, Aj brown, Julio Jones…..their starting RG, 2 of their 3 best LBs and more.  The pats missed…. No one. 

but those are good wins.  Oh the irony

Agree

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

close losses:

TB, Dallas, Colts,Miami

Bills. —Chiefs

close losses;

So the Chiefs win doesn’t count? They walked into the game .500 with 1 score losses to the Ravens and Chargers…

You’re listing Miami as a close loss for you guys and we smoked them twice? So do the Dolphins count as somebody or nobody? I’m sure your logic there is that the Dolphins ALWAYS play the Pats tough so it’s a tougher game for the Pats than it is for the Bills… 

That’s why the exercise is dumb. Whoever promoted you to do this should be ashamed… but you’re silly for playing this game… you’re normally better than this. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

close losses:

TB, Dallas, Colts,Miami

Bills. —Chiefs

close losses;

You should really put together a summary of when wins really count & when they don't, and when fans should feel good about them & when they're meaningless.

It's all quite hard to keep up with.  I know that personally, I felt good about beating the Chiefs, who are the #1 seed in the AFC right now.  But apparently, that was a gimme.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.