Urban Meyer Canned

Dablitzkrieg

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What a tool. How in God's name can Dermott justify losing to these clowns.

.....there isn't any rational justifying it.

(just typical coach speak upon an embarrassing loss, and a bit of a team defining game)

Edited by I am the egg man

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/urban-meyer-fired-as-jaguars-head-coach

Just curious...why do you see that story as the "tipping point"?

Physically assaulting a subordinate is grounds for firing with cause, is my guess, which is exactly what the Jags needed to avoid paying out Meyer's remaining years. 

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Physically assaulting a subordinate is grounds for firing with cause, is my guess, which is exactly what the Jags needed to avoid paying out Meyer's remaining years. 

Thoughts?

I guess, if it can be substantiated....Meyer says it didn't happen like that

"“Josh’s (Lambo) characterization of me and this incident is completely inaccurate, and there are eyewitnesses to refute his account,” Meyer said. “

12 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Thoughts?

Maybe it was the straw the broke the camel's back, or maybe he was essentially gone and this was just a great excuse.

• Like (+1) 1

Haha fast moving fail train. Came on here because of the Lambo news and this thread is the first time I've seen it official.

I'm quite convinced at this point that Urban Meyer is just simply kind of dumb. Just too dumb for an NFL coaching position. He can probably find his sweet spot somewhere with a lesser known Ohio college.

Edited by Nelius

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

That was a disaster...Khan had to dump him after Lambo's story came out. 

Meyer- (kicks Lambo) "I'm the head coach, I can do whatever I want!"

Khan- "Yeah, about that..."

I think Khan was saving Meyer from Lambo kicking back the next time and possibly blasting his testes up into his own throat.

• Haha (+1) 1

Good. What a tool.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess, if it can be substantiated....Meyer says it didn't happen like that

"“Josh’s (Lambo) characterization of me and this incident is completely inaccurate, and there are eyewitnesses to refute his account,” Meyer said. “

That's exactly what he would say. You don't expect him to come out and say "yeah, I did that". Even so, he didn't even refute that he kicked him, just that his "characterization" is inaccurate.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

Lol Remember when he brought in Tebow to help establish his culture? How did we lose to these guys?

You know, there are several posters who have been calling for McDermott to be canned and I have to laugh.  What short memories!  This team had a 17 year playoff drought and he’s taken them to the playoffs 3 times in 4 years, and most likely a 4th in 5 years.

However, if one took a look at his full resume, losing to that crappy Jags team for one of their two wins should be a big black mark, especially when your team was considered a Super Bowl contender.

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Maybe it was the straw the broke the camel's back, or maybe he was essentially gone and this was just a great excuse.

That Lambo story though was from the pre-season practice.  I’d guess Noggin is accurate most contracts in employment have usually a claim for conduct detrimental, etc.  The only problem is why did Khan not fire him on the spot.  That’s what happens in every other industry.

There are so many of you who predicted this in the off season including me.  I thought it was a bad sign of leadership and talent evaluation by Khan.  It’s sad they made the AFCCG in 2018 to become a laughing stock of the league.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He lasted as many games in the NFL as Bobby Petrino did.  This just hurts college head coaching candidates for NFL head coaching openings down the line.  

College coaches demonstrably need to get some seasoning as position coaches before being given head coaching jobs.

I don’t gamble but the easiest money ever is to bet big that each years “ Next up and comer” , who will “ revolutionize “ the sport , will flame out in 4 seasons or less.

Spurrier, Kelly, Saban, Carroll( NE), Rhule( Brady was getting HC interviews?!?!😂).  I’m sure there are more.

The idea that the college players you’re comfortable with and the college coaching attitude you have and the college schemes you bring will have any staying power in the NFL is farcical.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.