Urban Meyer Canned

Dablitzkrieg

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What a tool. How in God's name can Dermott justify losing to these clowns.

.....there isn't any rational justifying it.

(just typical coach speak upon an embarrassing loss, and a bit of a team defining game)

Edited by I am the egg man

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/urban-meyer-fired-as-jaguars-head-coach

Just curious...why do you see that story as the "tipping point"?

Physically assaulting a subordinate is grounds for firing with cause, is my guess, which is exactly what the Jags needed to avoid paying out Meyer's remaining years. 

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Physically assaulting a subordinate is grounds for firing with cause, is my guess, which is exactly what the Jags needed to avoid paying out Meyer's remaining years. 

Thoughts?

I guess, if it can be substantiated....Meyer says it didn't happen like that

"“Josh’s (Lambo) characterization of me and this incident is completely inaccurate, and there are eyewitnesses to refute his account,” Meyer said. “

12 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Thoughts?

Maybe it was the straw the broke the camel's back, or maybe he was essentially gone and this was just a great excuse.

• Like (+1) 1

Haha fast moving fail train. Came on here because of the Lambo news and this thread is the first time I've seen it official.

I'm quite convinced at this point that Urban Meyer is just simply kind of dumb. Just too dumb for an NFL coaching position. He can probably find his sweet spot somewhere with a lesser known Ohio college.

Edited by Nelius

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.