Besides JA, predict which player will have the biggest impact - Bills at Chiefs

BillsFan619

11 hours ago, TPS said:

Canā€™t single anyone out, itā€™s the pass rush. If they donā€™t get pressure, the Bills donā€™t win.Ā 

The pressure in this game is on our offense, not the D.

Ā 

I think the D will do well, but you have to assume KC will get their 30 or so no matter what happens.Ā 

Ā 

But their D is near worst in the league--it's all on Josh to be MVP Josh and score a few more points than they do, or we won't win the game.

Ā 

Maybe our D can keep them to a bit under 30; Josh scores a bit over 30, that's the pass to victory.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Ā 

I think the D will do well, but you have to assume KC will get their 30 or so no matter what happens.Ā 

Ā 

But their D is near worst in the league--it's all on Josh to be MVP Josh and score a few more points than they do, or we won't win the game.

Ā 

Maybe our D can keep them to a bit under 30; Josh scores a bit over 30, that's the pass to victory.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I agree with you, but Since the OP said ā€œbesides josh,ā€ I think the pass rush is the next most important factor. I just couldnā€™t distill it to one person.Ā 

23 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

I hope this is the correct answer!Ā  I don't even know if they need sacks, they just need constant pressure and Oliver needs to be a big part of that

Ā 

I dunno, even the Bucs players seemed impressed with how accurate Mahomes was despite getting destroyed play after play. I hope people just get their hands up & deflect passes if they can't bring him down.Ā 

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I don't assume 30 at all. Ā They have a game under 30 this season and 6 last season including against the Bills. Ā Also 1 under 30 in the playoffs last year and obviously the Super Bowl. Ā Chiefs put up a lot of points but not always 30. Ā Our D is better than last year and we held them to 26.

Ā 

So who is going to be your unsung stud for this Sunday nights game?

On Defense for me it is going to be Star Lotulelei. I am saying this because based on last year's regular season game and looking forward to this years regular season game which will be played in similar conditions...I think last year the Bills had a solid game plan to beat the Chiefs during the regular season in which most of the chiefs yards came on the ground without Star. If we use the same game plan this year... yes the Cheif's will get their yards but not as many and I don't know if you have noticed with Star back he seems to raise the level of everyone on the line and the LB's (i.e. Ed and the DE's and Edmonds is playing way better because star commands a double team). So I am saying Star because everyone else up front will improve because of him.

Ā 

And on Offense I really think it is going to be Dawson Knox.Ā  Yes Knox is having a fine year in the red zone but I feel he is going to bust out a 6-7 catch 100 yard game with a TD or two in the near future. It also might be Gabe Davis who has been sitting back this year for some reason (I think it is because he has been hurt) but I feel he is almost an afterthought at this point. But I am really going with Knox...I mean he did go to TE University in which Kelsey was one of the main guys their teaching the younger folk...It would be nice to show Kelsey what he was a part of creating a great TE for his rival.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā Ā 

I am sorry if someone has already made a thread like this but I looked through the topic base for the past week and have not found one related.

Ā 

Ā 

Offense: Ā Both of our RBs

Hard to say which one, and probably both of them, but best way to beat the Chiefs is keep Mahomes off the field. Ā We are so far one of the best rushing teams in the NFL and the Chiefs D is vulnerable to the run too. Ā I think we will see a lot of Motor and Moss Sunday night to keep controlling the game clock. Ā Especially if we have a lead or close game. Ā I donā€™t mean conservatively, I mean like we have all season so far. Ā 
Ā 

Defense: Ā Levi Wallace

I think our front 7 will be disruptive with coverage down field stronger. Ā This impact wonā€™t show up on the stat sheet, but itā€™s when coverage is good that sacks and QB pressures begin to happen, and Levi has been playing excellent coverage all season and against good receivers. Ā He wonā€™t get the accolades from the fans or media, but if we are going to get to a mobile guy like Mahomes upfront, it starts with the secondary taking away his options.

Ā 

This is a big reason why the Bucs D isnā€™t as stout as expected so far, all of their starting corners are out and they arenā€™t getting to the QB as much as expected as a result. Ā The guys upfront get all the credit for sacks and pressures, but many of them donā€™t happen if the pass defense didnā€™t take away their options allowing the big guys time to get to the QB.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I'm going to go Knox and both Singletary/Moss on offense

Ā 

Defense- Epenesa-Oliver and with the playing time of Milano up in the air, I will go on a limb and say Klein has a good day

Knox has been playing well. Itā€™s been great to see. Itā€™d be awesome if he outshines Kelce in this game.

38 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

If the Bills win, it will likely be because the Bills held the Chiefs to under 30 points. Therefore, I'd vote Levi Wallace or Taron Johnson.

Ā 

Ā 

Taron Johnson is a brilliant call as he i responsible, imo, for single handed helping the Bills to two massive wins last year.Ā  To beat Pitt and beat the Ravens in the playoffs, both by getting a pick 6.

4 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Why are you facepalming? It can't be cause this is on the 1st page rightĀ 

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Facepalm perhaps because there is already a post for this a few threads below this one.

Ā 

Folks just have to look for it before starting another....

Ā 

• Sad 1

Just now, WideNine said:

Ā 

Facepalm perhaps because there is already a post for this a few threads below this one.

Ā 

Folks just have to look for it before starting another....

Ā 

Did you read my post? Cause it literally has the link to the post you are referring too šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Did you read my post? Cause it literally has the link to the post you are referring too šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Ā 

Thanks bud.... rhetorical question.

Ā 

Yeah I was going to put the link up too.

Ā 

But assumed that was the facepalm (phone keeps auto-correcting this to faceplate)

Ā 

Nice.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by WideNine

Edmunds for better or worse. Ā Heā€™s gotta make some plays to get Chiefs offense off the field. Ā Tackles 10 yards down the field arenā€™t gonna do it. Ā One or 2 big plays from him could be difference. Ā Chiefs are gonna score points. Ā Any JAG can sit back and make tackles after Chiefs get the 1st down. Edmunds has to take some risks and make a few impact plays. Ā 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.