What's up with Rousseau?

GreggTX

3 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I didn't notice him at all. He wasn't on the injury report. He hasn't been much of a factor. Any cause for concern?

I think I saw a lot more Hughes today then the first 3 games.  Lot more rotating up front.  More Basham for sure.  

McD did say he wasn't happy with them overall vs WFT.  Maybe he thought the DEs weren't good enough.  

I thought personally he was talking about Oliver.  Who then went out and played his best game today.

Or maybe, this is just how you continue to motivate people to keep working to be better.  Too comfortable after dominating Miami maybe?  So time to get other guys more reps - guys who also can make plays.    

• Like (+1) 1

Different game plans, and personnel usages for each team we face, that and he’s a rookie, and still has a fair bit to learn, McDermott has his ways of of achieving his ends, I’d say no reason for concern, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 10

24 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I didn't notice him at all. He wasn't on the injury report. He hasn't been much of a factor. Any cause for concern?

He is credited with 2 tackles.

Gotta remember the Texans only played 42 offensive snaps.  2 were at the end of the half, so didn't generate defense.

12 were in their last 2 drives of the game, in the 4Q against our backups.

So overall, the starting D only played 28 offensive snaps while the game was "in play".    Our leader in tackles today all had 3, and feature an unusual list of names (Lotulelei, Matakevich, Oliver as well as Edmunds and Lewis (replacing Johnson).

• Like (+1) 17
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Nelius said:

Unleash the beast next week, maybe? Didn't even notice not noticing him, but good point. Guess I didn't notice any Epenesa either. 

Wow are they resting these guys for Mahomes next week?

Yeah, I don't know if they were resting him, but certainly seemed to be doing less with him.  Against Miami, for example, he would drop in coverage they would blitz from several different places...I think even stunted him a bit.  Seems more vanilla the last few weeks.  However, I think Rousseau was selected to make Mahomes less comfortable the way he can peel off and get in a quarterback's way when he rolls out...so I think they really want to do more to unleash him next week.

• Like (+1) 2

I think they were resting him and avoiding injury as well. Remember that it is a 17 game season, and he is young and has less staminia.  He did not play last year, and rookies often wear out if they play a lot in their first year.

It is also possible that it was a chance to get regular season tape on other DE's who might be traded for mid round draft picks.

• Like (+1) 2

Maybe the Bills were keeping him low-profile to then spring him as a surprise against the Chiefs. Unleash the Kraken so to speak. Possibly the same with Epenesa.

Someone mentioned the rookie rest theory, that could be.

• Like (+1) 2

Welp, Micah is our leading tackler with 17. The rookie lineman has 11 tackles and leads the team in sacks (2).

I'm not sure what more you're expecting out of a 1st year player that didn't play last year.

I think he's off to a solid start, I like the pick more now than when we drafted him. He's bigger than I thought and a pretty likeable kid. I see good things for him in the future.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I haven’t slept since his last sack because I’ve been concerned about this as well. I think it’s time we dig a little deeper, go to his house in the dead of night, and try to unravel this conspiracy.

Where is the nearest truck stop to you? I’ll pick you up. They won’t get away with pulling a fast one on us! 

Maybe this is what it looks like when competition exists at such a high level? Also, get different guys in there and comfortable playing? Idk but they look great against these weaker opponents. If they dominate KC/hold them to low-20s... I will be very excited for the season.

• Like (+1) 1

Game plan and resting guys for KC. It was obvious the moment Poyer showed up on the injury report that the staff would be looking for any excuse to pull starters from this game.

Similar thing happened with Milano's hamstring. Any bit of tightness? Pull him and let him rest for KC.

I think between being in a more run-heavy defense, and Boogie activated, and wanting to keep rookies fresh for a 17 game season (plus playoff run), added up to Rousseau getting less snaps. Same for Epenesa. Same for a lot of guys.

Nothing to worry about. Just a smart coach utilizing a roster that has good depth.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, GreggTX said:

hiding his game tape from the Chiefs and Titans. Other coaches are playing checkers, McD is playing 7-dimensional Mah Jongg here.

• Haha (+1) 2

43 %  and 38 % of snaps. I didn't see him much nor Apenesa, but because it seems they didn't play a lot.

Star has been having himself some great games this year. And when was the last time a Bills DL tackled the running back as soon as he was handed the ball? That was awesome. Oliver did it and Hughes was like one step behind ha ha. Impressive.

Edited by Jerome007

44 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

is that confirmed? 

No, I dont think we've received any further info yet, but reports were that Milano was walking and horsing around on the sidelines the rest of the game just fine, so it seemed very minor. Plus, it just seemed like the theme for this week from our coaching staff, any excuse to pull starters, they were going to take it.

I'm not overly concerned until I hear good reason to be.

• Like (+1) 1