Predict the Score of Texans at Bills, and what you think will happen in the game

Hey guys:

I received some feedback you liked this last week, so I’m happy to start on Fridays.  The score is easy, but what’s fun is if you can predict something that not what you’d like, but what you think will happen in the game.  Spoofs and jokes are always appreciated (Ridge, DJB, etc.).

My take:

Bills 42

Texans 19

They keep getting close, but no cigar with four field goals.  Wallace gets another pick, most of the 10 on the injury report sit as McD wants them for KC, and Mitch QB’s the end of the 3rd quarter when we hit 42, and they are only at 9.  Lastly, Moss has a great game especially in the 2nd half compiling 132 yards by the end of the game.  

KC, WE’RE READY FOR YOU!  ARE YOU READY FOR THE AJ PUNCH AND.

Have fun.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills - 0

Texas - 70

Tyrod Taylor magically disappears from the IR list, manifests himself into the game via some kind of portal that appears on the field, then proceeds to go 10/10 on passes, for a total of 990 passing yards, 10 TD's.

The Bills continually pin the Texas on their 1 yard line, only for Tyrod to heave miracle bombs, as from heaven itself, a full 99 yards in the air to WR's standing in the Bills endzone untouched. "Hail Mary" is an understatement, as the visage of Mary is seen guiding these receivers to the endzone, through defenders, and through time itself.

With 1 second left, Tyrod looks at the statistician, gives a wink, and watches as his 990 yards turns into a perfectly round 1,000 yards passing. And just like that, Tyrod slowly begins to fade away into the sunlight, just as a fart drifting in the wind. Then Davis Mills trots into the game to kneel out the final second. Bills & Texans fans gather to hug, hold hands and sing praises of this miraculous day.

Nobody ever hears from Tyrod ever again, but his name remains permanently etched on the IR list for all time.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Buffalo: 37

Houston: 13

I think the Bills come out fast and jump out 10-0 at the end of the 1st. Houston boots a shot field goal to make it 10-3. The Bills answer back with 2 TDs and lead 24-3 at the break. 

After the half Houston boots a 2nd FG to pull to 24-6. Buffalo goes heavy set and unleashes Moss. Bruising back bullies the defense and runs clock time. A couple long time consuming drives later result in 2 more Bills FGs pushing the score to 30-6. Mills then throws 2 late TDs, both to a Johnson...1 to his RB David and 1 to our CB Taron. 

Allen: 23-31 303 yards 2TD 0INT. 6 carries 32 yards.

Moss: 17 carries 114 yards 1TD

Motor: 8 carries 39 yards 

Diggs: 7 catches 109 yards 1 TD

Beasley: 4 catches 57 yards

Sanders: 4 catches 66 yards

Knox: 3 catches 36 yards 1TD

Defense: 3 sacks 2 picks

Post game McDermott puts Culley in a half-nelson for saying he was coming to whoop Buffalo's butts.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Like (+1) 3

texans-vs-bills-760x422.jpg

Josh Allen faces off against Tyrod Taylor 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/houston-texans-buffalo-bills-20211003002/

Buffalo Billies 🦬 33

Texans  12

what ya got?

@Virgil

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Hey guys:

I received some feedback

vague title 

I deleted a thread Houston vs Buffalo 

ya gotz to be specific 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

I was talking with a friend and originally I believed this would be a blow-out win for the Bills, but history tells me to be cautious...so, given KC and Tenn. on the horizon and the fact that I'm still holding my "Bills Trauma" for 20 years, I'll predict this to be a closer game than I first believed.

Bills 27

Texans 20

Josh runs for a TD, throws for a TD and Singletary gets about 77 yards rushing with a TD; Moss has about 140 yards of total offense, but is kept out of the Endzone for game planning reasons. Josh throws an INT, Defense gets 3 sacks, one forced fumble and recovery and holds Texans ground game in check but Davis gets Cooks a TD and their TE a TD with the two field goals coming within the 30 for the Texans - a bend but don't break mentality in the 3rd quarter leads to the two field goals, one TD in the early 2nd quarter and one TD in the 4th quarter. It takes Bills' Defense to buckle down and hold the Texans, Bills get ball with ~3:00 minutes left and clock it out....weather plays a role, and I think Josh and some of the young players are still learning how to focus on the only game that matters: the one they're playing, but gut it out and win. 

38-17.  Diggs should have his breakout game of the year.  10 catches 145 yards and a couple of tds.  Allen with a pedestrian 295 yards passing and 4 total tds.  3 through the air, 1 receiving on a gadget play from Emmanuel Sanders.    Defense will have 4 sacks and force 2 turnovers.   

Bills 27

Texans 13

I have said this feels like a closer game then people will give credit for and reminds me a lot of last years Chargers game where Bills control but the other team won't go away. With it suppose to rain a bit I see the Bills running a little more and using more screens.

Anyhoo 1st quarter both teams trade possessions until Mills gets Cooks for a 30 yard pass to get in the Bills redzone. Buffalo holds though so its a FG and 3-0 HOU. That awakens the offense who goes 65 yards and score on a Singletary TD run to go up 7-3. Mills gets INT on the next series mid 2nd quarter and Buffalo scores another TD with Beasley scoring on a slant. The Texans manage a drive before half to get a FG and the game is 14-6 at half. The Bills get the ball out of half but the drive stalls and its a FG thanks to a holding penalty negating a TD.   Late 3rd quarter the Bills get the ball again and drive for another TD to go up 24-6 thanks to a Davis TD pass from 10 yds out. The Texans respond though as Mills connects with Danny Amendola on a 25 yard gain to get to the Bills 5 yd line and Ingram pounds it in to close it to 24-13 at the start of the 4th. The Bills though take 6 mins off the clock to open the fourth and ice the game with Bass 2nd FG of the game.

Allen 20-30 289 yds 2 TD's  35 yds rush

Singletary 90 yds 1 TD 14 atts

Diggs 4 rec 102 yds

Tre White 1 INT 4 PD

• Like (+1) 1

30-17 Buffalo

First Half

Buffalo will score 3 straight FGs then the Texans will score a TD to close out the half, making it 9-7. At this point this board will erupt and demand Dabol be fired and Allen see therapy followed by the usual 'Knox needs to catch that' and 'Edmunds just isn't good'.

Second Half

Bills come out and score a TD, followed by this board making some comment along the lines of 'about time'. Texans get the ball and immediately turn it over and Buffalo scores another TD. At this point the board is settling down and we start seeing the 'okay now don't blow it D' comments. Texans go down and kick a FG and kick it off. Buffalo precedes to go 3 and out and the Texans score a TD. 

Now with the score being 23-17 the board is back to- Mr. Hyde -.

Buffalo scores lastly making it 30-17 and thusly giving this board something to whine about for the next 7 days.

4DAEC847-1355-4285-947D-346C4C9C37A2.png.1807d3f53c7cdf8ae1fc168a426a37b4.png @ 231DFCAE-FCCB-4B1D-8B0B-F3B667FB9E5D.png.bd65e2984e317d21208ed0a7c2244977.png

Bills: 34

Texans: 13

Buffalo, NY - The parties in Orchard Park continue to roll on as the Josh Allen led Bills have put up 112 points in the past 3 weeks. Concerns of a ‘trap’ game were wiped away early as the Bills came out of the gate firing. Allen executed a quick passing attack schemed up by Brian Daboll. On the first drive of the day, Allen threw 8 straight completions to drive the field 75 yards and ultimately find a hot Dawson Knox in the end zone for his 3rd touchdown of the year. It looked easy, and it proved to be for much of the day. Without much need to, the Bills refrained from designing anything too exotic and let 17 dump and dime his way down the field all day until Singletary and Moss took over to close out. 

Sean McDermott and Leslie Frazier orchestrated a defensive gameplan that clearly frustrated rookie quarterback Davis Mills all throughout the day. The defense blitzed early and often while disguising coverages in the secondary and overwhelming Mills. This led to three sacks, two of which from Ed Oliver in a coming our party, and a pick in the first half. The Bills would head to the locker room leading 24-3. 

The defensive dominance wouldn’t hold back in the second half, as Mills would throw another pick on the opening drive of the second half. This set up a 47 yard touchdown from Allen to Diggs on the highlight play of the day. Leading 31-3, this pretty much wrapped up the game. The defense would surrender a touchdown and a field goal in garbage time, while Mitch Trubisky and Zack Moss would put together a 6 minute fourth quarter drive to notch one more field goal. 

The defense finished the day with an impressive five sack and two interception performance to continue their return to elite level play. Outside of a deep target to Diggs, the offense looked impressive and efficient but was barren of many explosive plays. Allen would finish the day with 29 completions for 327 yards. 

Josh Allen - 29/37, 327 yards, 3 TD

Devin Singletary - 9 rushes, 47 yards

Zack Moss - 14 rushes, 56 yards, 1 TD

Stefon Diggs - 9 catches, 123 yards, 1 TD

Cole Beasley - 7 catches, 67 yards

Emmanuel Sanders - 4 catches, 52 yards

Dawson Knox - 3 catches, 38 yards, 1 TD

Ed Oliver - 2 sacks

AJ Epenesa - 1 sack

Jerry Hughes - 1 sack

Matt Milano - 1 sack, 1 INT

Levi Wallace - 1 INT

Edited by elijah
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Bills - 0

Texas - 70

Tyrod Taylor magically disappears from the IR list, manifests himself into the game via some kind of portal that appears on the field, then proceeds to go 10/10 on passes, for a total of 990 passing yards, 10 TD's.

The Bills continually pin the Texas on their 1 yard line, only for Tyrod to heave miracle bombs, as from heaven itself, a full 99 yards in the air to WR's standing in the Bills endzone untouched. "Hail Mary" is an understatement, as the visage of Mary is seen guiding these receivers to the endzone, through defenders, and through time itself.

With 1 second left, Tyrod looks at the statistician, gives a wink, and watches as his 990 yards turns into a perfectly round 1,000 yards passing. And just like that, Tyrod slowly begins to fade away into the sunlight, just as a fart drifting in the wind. Then Davis Mills trots into the game to kneel out the final second. Bills & Texans fans gather to hug, hold hands and sing praises of this miraculous day.

Nobody ever hears from Tyrod ever again, but his name remains permanently etched on the IR list for all time.

Jason Bateman Emmys 2019 GIF by Emmys

• Haha (+1) 1

BUF  26

HOU  16

I expect a lot of field goals here.  I expect the Bills to be a little overconfident, which will lead to frustration early.  Which will lead to taking the easy 3 pointers to continue to build a lead and keep momentum.  HOU does seem to play hard.

Hou gets a lucky TD somewhere because, any given sunday, but it comes late. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think Culley’s definition of opening things up for his rookie QB will consist of sprinkling in some screen passes on 2nd down instead of 3rd down, but the results will mirror their game against Carolina—a scrappy outing with the first 10 minutes being that minus the “s” before Mills finds a semi groove of 5-8 yard rhythm passes that results in at least a couple short FG’s by the half. Possibly one TD drive somewhere in the 3rd Q. Mills hangs tough and doesn’t turn the ball over, but also can’t generate nearly enough momentum for more. Meanwhile, Josh continues his savage takedown of all Bills passing records and builds a 3 TD lead by halftime, with the Bills coasting thereafter so as not to embarrass Culley & Co too too bad, and Mitch plays the entire 4th. 

38-13 Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

BUF  26

HOU  16

I expect a lot of field goals here.  I expect the Bills to be a little overconfident, which will lead to frustration early.  Which will lead to taking the easy 3 pointers to continue to build a lead and keep momentum.  HOU does seem to play hard.

Hou gets a lucky TD somewhere because, any given sunday, but it comes late. 

We have the same mind! See pretty much the same

Guys, I apologize early in am so I rarely start threads so have no idea how to edit.  Easy with posts with the three dots in the top right corner.  I think you guys know I meant Bills/Texans game.  I just reached out to a mod to help.  Thanks for you’re patience.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

texans-vs-bills-760x422.jpg

Josh Allen faces off against Tyrod Taylor 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/houston-texans-buffalo-bills-20211003002/

Buffalo Billies 🦬 33

Texans  12

what ya got?

@Virgil

vague title 

I deleted a thread Houston vs Buffalo 

ya gotz to be specific 

Read my post.  I don’t know how to do it and you’re right.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills - 34

Texans - 10

I think Josh has another big day. He and Daboll have made some necessary adjustments since the first game and are back on track. Diggs will probably be the biggest beneficiary this time. Last year's #1 WR is due for a big game.

On defense, I envision a couple more INTs and a fumble recovery. I'm guessing the two Tres (White and Edmunds) each come up with a turnover. Davis Mills is a rookie and a little naive to their presence, so he'll send some ducks their way. I bet Cooks makes some plays, but it won't matter, since the Bills will be up big early.

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

There is absolutely no excuse for the Davis Mills-led Texans to score any points outside of gifted field position, special teams mishaps, or defensive scores.

The player is starting his 13th game since high school. A shutout should be expected. I'll say we gift them a field goal somehow.

HOU 3

BUF 41

I have to agree with every word of this! And I’ll add that it’s a Bills home game. Time to stomp on a weaker opponent. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think the gameplan this week is going to rely a bit more on the run game.  With Cody Fords troubles pass blocking l and Feliciano out I think the Bills will ant to focus on running, specifically to the right this week.

This game script sets up for a lower scoring game.  Give me 27-14,  good guys 

I'll start with scores.... 

Bills-36

Texans-16 (was leaning toward 13 but will be generous)

Bills D gets 2 INTs and 5 QB sacks

Also just feels like the time McKenzie takes a KR or PR for a TD. (unless they use Stevenson since he's back?) Is that correct he can return this week?