Jets trying to trade Bell - per Daily News

Greg S

Last Pro Bowl for this "perennial Pro Bowl running back" was 2017.

Not saying he's washed up, but he's rushed for a total of 800 yards since leaving Pittsburgh.  Not the kind of guy I'd be trading for w/ a $13mm contract.

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully they trade him out of the conference. In the right situation, far from Gase, he could revive his career.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Would anyone be willing to give up Josh Allen for him?

Pulp Fiction GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The Jags may.

Edited by scribo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Last Pro Bowl for this "perennial Pro Bowl running back" was 2017.

Not saying he's washed up, but he's rushed for a total of 800 yards since leaving Pittsburgh.  Not the kind of guy I'd be trading for w/ a $13mm contract.

His trade value has to be shot at this juncture. The worse part is that even if they can get something for him, they still have Gase. I genuinely don't understand how the owners don't see him for the virus that he is. 

• Like (+1) 2

i don't think they'd get much for him really.   if they can literally just get anything for him it's a win.  they need to trade darnold  and get at least a first and a second for him and go for the full rebuild.  they would almost be a lock for lawrence.  have the extra first next year and year after from the adams trade, another first this year and a second from darnold.  they could really surround lawrence with talent.

but of course i dont want them to do that. it would be too smart

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i don't think they'd get much for him really.   if they can literally just get anything for him it's a win.  they need to trade darnold  and get at least a first and a second for him and go for the full rebuild.  they would almost be a lock for lawrence.  have the extra first next year and year after from the adams trade, another first this year and a second from darnold.  they could really surround lawrence with talent.

On what planet would that happen?  You don't get MORE for the player than you spent to get him after he didn't live up to expectations. 

And are you allergic to capital letters?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

No one is giving a 1st and a 2nd for Darnold, I have a feeling his Career is one year from essentially being a high payed backup, poor dude, he was screwed the moment the jets selected him. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

You guys remember when he held out an entire season? And now it’s come to this. Do I feel bad for him? Not a chance in hell

Agreed.  The Steelers offered him very good money and term, plus he would have remained in a place where he had sustained success.  He gambled and lost.

• Like (+1) 4

Has signing a top free agent running back ever worked for anyone. It’s always better to split the reps in a running back by committee at lower cost  and keep the defense guessing rather than bog the offense down with an official number one guy who has a certain number of guaranteed touches. Look at the Rams return to form this year. 

Edited by Charles Romes
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Did you mean to say give a first and second for him?  Probably a better chance of that happening!

He’s got a $2.5M roster bonus due in two days per Spotrac.  That makes this really an odd situation in that mid-season roster bonuses like this are very rare (first I’ve ever seen).  They can part ways with him for nothing.  I guess they are just seeing if anyone will give them something for him before they release him, which is doubtful.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I will never forget the day he dominated us in Dec in some snow.  If he were to be cut mid season, I would love to take a shot at him.  I just can't seem to shake that his isn't good anymore. 

It was embarrassing how many Steelers fans were at that game. Then it was embarrassing how awful we played. I left at halftime and drank more in the parking lot

24 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Question for you, why would the Jets trade Darnold if he's worth a 1st and 2nd in return?  Sounds like you think he's playing well?  If so you don't trade away a QB playing really good.

Unless he's not playing really good, then why would any team give up that much for him?  Maybe you could get a 2nd for him, but not likely mid-season as it's not likely you bring in a QB mid season and expect him to be able to learn the playbook and become your starter.  Maybe you bring him in as a backup, but can't see giving up a #2 for a backup. 

Plus in off season would need to decide if you want to pick up the 5th year option basically without seeing much of his play.  Maybe a team like Dallas that now needs a backup, but still don't them giving up that much for him when there are also other options out there.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

On what planet would that happen?  You don't get MORE for the player than you spent to get him after he didn't live up to expectations. 

And are you allergic to capital letters?

It's pretty widely accepted the Jets have completely botched his development and just left him with a ***** o line and no weapons on offense.  There wouldn't be many suitors for a deal like this but the Colts come to mind. They'd have to give up on Rivers right now though which is highly unlikely.  Colts have a great o line, lots of weapons on offense, great coaching etc.  They have a nice window at the moment and Rivers isn't exactly elevating his play as many thought he would.   You have to wonder if Darnold with a great o line, great coaching and actualy nfl talent at wr could get his game back together.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

It was embarrassing how many Steelers fans were at that game. Then it was embarrassing how awful we played. I left at halftime and drank more in the parking lot

was that the game they busted out the snowplows at halftime for a very light dusting of snow, and then subsequently jacked up the field by making the rubber pellets fly everywhere, delaying the start of the 2nd half?

Good times.