Jets trying to trade Bell - per Daily News

Greg S

I actually think Darnold could be a good NFL QB, but obviously he needs a new situation..  Option A for the Jets is to trade Darnold, draft Lawrence, rinse and repeat.  With no talent around Lawrence, just like around Darnold -- what was that definition of insanity again??

Option B is to trade the first overall pick to a team that needs a new QB and has a boatload of draft picks or good players to give in exchange, then rebuild the core of the team.

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not sure if the Dolphins are as bad as you may think, and they had another win.  I see them with a good coach and a lot of new talent that just needs to put it together.  The Oats agreed at some point are in the decline. The Jests are the Jests.

The Dolphins are going to be very, very good.  The AFCE in a year or two will be a two-team race, Buffalo and Miami.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Darnold’s problem is the same as it’s been since his sophomore year in college. It’s his decision making that leads to turnovers.

On the Jets, he has to choose between the lesser of two evils, not make a decision about what's actually better.

20 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I actually think Darnold could be a good NFL QB, but obviously he needs a new situation..  Option A for the Jets is to trade Darnold, draft Lawrence, rinse and repeat.  With no talent around Lawrence, just like around Darnold -- what was that definition of insanity again??

Option B is to trade the first overall pick to a team that needs a new QB and has a boatload of draft picks or good players to give in exchange, then rebuild the core of the team.

It doesn’t matter who the jets draft if they first don’t fix their FO /HC and owner problems, they can draft QBs till the cows come home, it will make no difference unless they fix the above stated. Look at their history.

Edited by Don Otreply

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

Plus, you know, Miami already owns their next 9 drafts.  Good thing Tunstil made that team so much better

yeah not a fan of that.  I feel like Miami is doing a very Buffalo type rebuild........if only they would follow the Jets plan....

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Gase mentioned two players that he was scheming to get more involved this year: Herndon and Bell.

Both are having absolutely atrocious years.

This is the same guy who can't even catch a flying taco

Adam Gase GIFs | Tenor

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Of course, but will he? He has shown a ‘me first’ attitude for some time.

Now he has shown that he has the 15 year old girl passive aggressive social media attitude.  Him and Antonio should enjoy their retirements together sooner than later

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My first impulse was to *blink* but now you intrigue me, sir.  Say more

My apologies. I shd have clarified. 

Here is the thought process

First, it is my understanding that teams can get out from Bell’s deal after this year. So he is available as a 1 year 6 m rental. Chances are only a team with postseason aspirations will trade for him.

Browns - they are 4-1. Nick Chubb is expected to miss several weeks and Stefanski wants multiple RBs for his run first offense. Can’t get anyone better than Bell to add to the stable.

Panthers - they are 3-2. Matt Rhule needs pass catching out of his RBs and the scheme was perfect for McCaffrey  whose replacement Mike Davis went for 150 scrimmage yards in week 5. Not sure if Davis can do that against better defenses. Bell is arguably one of the top 3 pass catching RBs in the league.

Patriots - This needs some explanation since they have RB depth. I don’t think Sony Michel or Damien Harris are great as pass catching RBs. Belichick has been moving to that more and more the past few years. James White is elite as a pass catching RB (he had 70+ catches on 100 targets last year). But he is “still processing things” and there is a good chance he takes more time off. Unlike the first two teams, the Pats if interested in Bell would actually trade a RB like Michel or Harris instead of a draft pick for Bell. Also, Gase has been very appreciative of Sony Michel (who is from Broward County) in the past.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay