Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

It's more the fact that Reid is much smarter than McDermott & will find a way to take advantage of that speed.

Paired with Mahomes, it's going to be one more guy the Bills helped the Chiefs get that can possibly hurt them. You're acting like Tyreek Hill's tenure on the Chiefs didn't teach us anything.

So would you prefer the Bills take worthy to spite the chiefs, but can’t use him effectively and he busts, or take someone at 28 that would have been available at 32 anyway and not move up 30 spots into the 3rd round?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

If we take Legette at 32 and then safety in 3rd round who wouldn't be available in the 4th I can live with that...

You don’t trade with the Chiefs, period. Bad enough they gave them the next Tyreek Hill

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The only thing I can think of is that the Bills made this deal like this:

KC called the Bills asking to trade up

The Bills said the only way they will trade up is if KC agreed to tell them who they were taking

KC told them it was Worthy

They agreed to the trade, knowing they weren't taking Worthy and that Worthy was going to be there at 32 and the Chiefs would get him anyway

So, they decided to take the 3rd rounder from the Chiefs knowing that KC was going to get him anyway

The Bills obviously don't love a guy.  Ugh......  If it was anyone but the Chiefs, fine, but man.....sometimes it's about the principle of the thing.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Okay...so the Bills don't trade and KC takes Worthy at 32 because the Bills obviously weren't going to take him.

I think this was the thought process. We’re clearly not as afraid of Worthy as the fans. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

He couldn’t at least get an extra pick somewhere in this draft or next?  You give your nemesis the guy they want just move up from the 4th round to the 3rd?  That pick in the 3rd better be the next Hall of Famer!!

Clowns, look at your own polls on who to take if you had your choice with the Bills staying at 28 or trading back?

Worthy was what, 20% of the share?

Now KC has him and we still pick 4 picks later and gained a 3rd rounder and its freakout time...smdh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Even if he is right with the trade the optics is horrible, not worth it because of all the off season negativity. 

if he’s wrong KC destroys the Bills using this player at some point in the future. 

minimal gain for too much pain

This is a loser mentality.

Dont make a good trade because you’re scared your rival might pick someone they like?

I’ve seen too much of this mentality. Act like we have one of the best QBs in the league and expect to win.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Here’s my issue, it doesn’t matter if we didn’t want Worthy. You don’t give Mahomes a speed receiver. It’s ok that Beane didn’t want Worthy, but there’s no way you take the risk of giving any help to Mahomes. Maybe the Chiefs draft Worthy at 32, but why be directly responsible for potentially watching Worthy catch deep passes against us in the playoffs? I just don’t get it. 

This. 

I will add that if you’re going to do it you absolutely don’t swap picks down the board. You give 28 and you get picks, multiple picks, back to you. 

I would feel a little better if it was 

- Bills give up 28

- KC gives up 32, 95, and 2025 3rd.

Curious if BB thought KC was going a totally different direction? Do we just trade out of the first all together?

• Agree 1

To everyone getting upset, Beane knew who KC was drafting.  He clearly didn't want Worthy there, against my wishes and others.

Now it's time to see who we would have taken at 28 anyhow (and get better draft capital tomorrow).

I'm not ruling out another tradeback either...

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

WGR is saying that the Bills might try to trade back again

I was thinking that’s probably what Beane would do in order to pick up more picks. Just means I stayed up for nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

They have to be using the Rich Hill chart.

Bills give 227 points

KC gives 227 points

You would think KC would have to pay a premium when trading with their #1 threat in the conference.  Beane is dumb AF for doing this trade. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Just now, BeastMaster said:

Let's be clear here...Worthy is no Tyreek Hill

I wanted a deep threat to open up things, but there are other guys that can do what Worthy does

We'll see if he holds up at the NFL level. History says these guys are continuously hurt, and he's as tiny as it gets

Worthy 6/23 on deep balls.  5/21 on contested catches.  He’s not that good of a deep ball guy.

He fits KC short throw attack where they lead the league in throws near or behind the LOS which Worthy had 21% of his targets be screens and 40% of snaps in the slot.

Worthy was always a terrible fit in Buffalo

• Agree 1