Bills at Dolphins post game thread

HappyDays

7 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

There must be 2 dozen posters scrubbing their panic posts off the 1st half thread, amirite

I am going to enjoy reading the thread later this morning having avoided it all game. Always makes me laugh.

4 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

Wonder how much damage Hill did to his ankle playing today. Can't wait for the weekend of football!

I was thinking a boot all week then the backflip on his TD.  I thought it could not have been that bad or numb where he could not feel it…

15 minutes ago, Bill Grundy said:

I think the dolphins will be relieved they lost that.

cheifs away is much easier than doing that again. a few silly things went against us and counted big, but so, so much was right. the details were mostly excellent

They’ll enjoy it because they don’t have to face the best in each division next year. Then they can keep padding their stats and concentrating on their celebrations

1 minute ago, Billl said:

It shouldn’t be lost in this that McDermott and his staff coached an incredible game.  Their gambles paid off.

They sure did. I wasn't even mad when they went for it an 4-1 and didn't get it. Showed guts. And we wouldn't have had to question that had we lost. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen in a "Bad Game" against the Dolphins:

426 Total Yards

78.9% Completion Percentage

2 TDs

Was a blatant PI call on Knox and an awful James Cook drop from two more TDs.

He wasn't perfect by any means.  But when the game is on the line and you need to just "find a way", I don't think there is another QB in the NFL right now I want playing QB for my team.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

Wonder how much damage Hill did to his ankle playing today. Can't wait for the weekend of football!

Didn't seem to bother on that cartwheel he did.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

This is the first time that Patrick Mahomes will have to play on the road. That is, unless some miracles happen where some really bad teams win 

You mean like... the dolphins?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

It shouldn’t be lost in this that McDermott and his staff coached an incredible game.  Their gambles paid off.

And even won a challenge. 

The QB sneak that failed, it's still the right call. You need 1 yard for the division, give it to your hoss.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 10

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I checked out the KC board reaction. They are so pissed. Mad they have to play Miami, mad that Buffalo has the 2 seed and furious that Toney allowed the Bills to win at KC and gave them a chance to run the table.

I remember thinking Schoen was a dick for trading Toney to KC for a third and not to us.  I didnt realize he was doing us a favor.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I need someone to kiss me and kick me in the balls to simulate this game upon replay

just take the kisses and rebuke the abuse we are AFC EAST CHAMPS!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Crazy game. 

McD has been doing a phenomenal job with the defense despite all the injuries. 

Props to Sherfield, Dane and Spector for stepping up and making plays. 

O-line needs to get it together. Steelers have some legit pass rushers. 

Josh was crap at the beginning but put the offense on his back and came up

big when it mattered most. 

Harty picked a hell of a time to make a big play. Guy has been an absolute non factor and made a massive play at a critical time.

only one thing left to do. Win the whole damn thing.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Hard knocks should be good this week!

11 seed to 2 seed I. 5 weeks.   That has to be some kind of record.  

they left so much out there and won anyway

Two weeks ago I said I couldn't wait to see the Dolphins meltdown on the last 2 episodes.  I predicted more f's from McDaniel than ever heard on 1 hour of TV.  

• Haha (+1) 1

WHAT A FN VICTORY. 

This team will live and die by josh allen for his tenure and I for one after tonight choose that all day, every day. He is an absolute baller. Despite the times I yell at the tv for mind boggling mistakes. 

Mcdermott was AGGRESSIVE tonight - I LOVED that. He’s had an F YOU attitude as of late. 

I like where we’re at. GO BILLS. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

426 Total Yards

2 TDs

He wasn't perfect by any means.  But when the game is on the line and you need to just "find a way", I don't think there is another QB in the NFL right now I want playing QB for my team.

And a helmet to helmet hit to end the half and no call

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

in all seriousness, how can anyone watch that game and think Tua is better. It’s like one guy is playing varsity ball

and the other JV.

Even when Tua connects it’s a bit of a lofted duck. It’s all scheme and timing. Credit to him for being very smart and good at that, but he’s not in the same realm as Josh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

yep.

this team has learned since the denver game how to be mentally tough and make their best plays late.  

its just awesome to watch.  It is all getting overshadowed because some performers on various networks are obsessed with interceptions and they repeat that nonsense.

the mental toughness this team has is the biggest difference.  Its just great to watch.

3 minutes ago, sven233 said:

426 Total Yards

2 TDs

The missed helmet to helmet that concussed Ty Johnson on the goal line was terrible. 

It should have been 1st and goal from a half yard. Should have had a rushing TD as well. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

McDermott at the podium, busting out the "GLORY TO GOD I WANT TO START WITH HIM."

We didn't hear a lot about the glory of God when the "hate piece" was making the rounds, McDermott fired his OC, and the team was playing like crap, did we?

Always seems to work like that with McDermott's ilk.

• Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

The offense has some kinks it’s a plus and a minus. We have seen Sherfield flash as a piece to what this offense can do. 

Too many turn overser’s. Josh was awesome for like 95%. But the 5% was borderline catastrophic. We should have won by more but theQB also was “OK”.

In this season we need to clean it up.

In the next 3-5 seasons, we’re at the start of being built like Brady/Welker/Gronk or Mahomes/Kelce/Juju. But we have growing pains.

There are some growing pains. But growing pains are tomorrow’s excuses. Today we need to be better at some things. 

This team gives me early aughts Giants vibes. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.