Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

And White. But Douglas kind of cancels him out. 

That’s why I didn’t mention that.

Beane wouldn’t have traded for Douglas if White was healthy.

And Douglas is playing better than Tre has at any point in the past two years.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Imo, anyone who thought that initial injury list was valid must have been stoned, the list was a ploy nothing more, the fins are going to use any method possible to get their guys on the field if they win they are the two seed, if they don’t win they are a sixth seed, and they don’t want to go down that road in the post season, we/the Bills win and we are the two seed, lose and we are the seventh seed or we are out, It’s going to be a knock down drag out brutal game, and the Bills are going to win!!!!

it was valid. They are listed as questionable. Morse was questionable and he's playing

Just now, nucci said:

it was valid. They are listed as questionable. Morse was questionable and he's playing

The point is that the injury list in actuality had no correlation to who would be playing, and those that may have thought a bunch of starters on the list would not be playing are sadly mistaken, the fins, like the Bills will and are pulling out all the stops to get their guys on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, boater said:

Another coach posting anti-bulletin board material, so as to not motivate Josh Allen.

Bill Belichick is the master at this.

I have an irrational (tinfoil hat?) fear that Miami is actually trying to bait Josh into attacking Diggs/Ramsey with all the “Jalen is begging to cover Stef” talk. 

Josh loves a good challenge, for better and for worse. 

I think there could be extra coverage rolled over and Miami is betting Josh throws a few balls he shouldn’t in that direction. 

In return I hope the Bills embarrass Eli Apple so bad that he’s questioning every single life decision he has ever made that ultimately lead him to this Sunday night. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Does it only take a Steelers win or a Jaguars win to make it an elimination game for the Bills?

According to Rich Esign (sp) there are four scenarios in which the Bills are eliminated, iirc those are two of them…, 

14 hours ago, Mango said:

Honestly, I think it depends on if they’re actually preparing to win the game. I think the Ravens win this game if it’s some backups in week 12.

But I think they might be treating this like an extended bye and not put much on tape.

It reminds me of the bills final game of the 2019 season. Bills vs a bad jets team with Barkley starting. Bills put up 10(?) points 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Imo, anyone who thought that initial injury list was valid must have been stoned, the list was a ploy nothing more, the fins are going to use any method possible to get their guys on the field if they win they are the two seed, if they don’t win they are a sixth seed, and they don’t want to go down that road in the post season, we/the Bills win and we are the two seed, lose and we are the seventh seed or we are out, It’s going to be a knock down drag out brutal game, and the Bills are going to win!!!!

No excuses.

Their best gets our best and let's see if our Bills are at the stage where they are willing to surrender the AFC East.

One thing is for sure. That team does not play from behind well so it would be good if our offense comes out laser focused and we can get up on them.

Either way, this team has had their share of playing from behind or with a narrow lead and has started to learn to play 60 full minutes to finish games on top. Win one rep at a time and I hope Allen does some pitch and catch warm ups with Cook. That slippery RB seems to start games with some cold hands and takes a bit to get into a groove.

Still remember when a wet-behind-the-ears Allen wanted to warm up with Kelvin Benjamin and got dissed. Bet he wishes he did more to stick around with that raw QB who is making HOF strides.

Also, the defense has become better at closing the door. We will see what Bills team shows up. Go Bills!

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Does it only take a Steelers win or a Jaguars win to make it an elimination game for the Bills?

Both win and colts and Houston don't tie.

If you wanted to know all the scenarios.

8 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Few are talking about

what happens if bills are in at 4pm?

Bills/Fins will BOTH have a strange situation that changes seed.

If one team is ahead by 17 points, in game pressure builds to pull stars. 

That 2 seed with potentially 2 home games is tough to squander. Miami begins the game with that, the Bills don't. I don't think it changes the Dolphins goal. I'm not sure why the Bills would not protect the 2 seed when they're up by 17. Possibly change the snap counts for some. Josh, for example, will finish the game.

3 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

No hard calculations...just a feel.  But probably would put it at 57% to beat dolphins and about 3% for Steelers or Jags to lose.  Just don't have any faith that the latter will happen.

The chances the Jags or Steelers lose is much greater than 3%.    I agree if I am picking those games I will take the Jags and Steelers but both are on the road in the division.  Either can lose and that would not be a shock.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Few are talking about

Both teams should want the 2 seed more than anything.  

Potentially playing 2 home games in the playoffs is huge.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

I find that to be optimistic....probably 60% is about right.  I do think they'll make it and I think they'll beat Miami, but beating a playoff team on the road can't be super high odds and I think there's little chance Steelers or Jaguars lose.  The NYT calculator probably considers likelihood of Ravens beating Steelers based on their past performances but probably doesn't take into account that Ravens have clinched and won't play many of their starters.

Nope it is pretty simple math. All 3 things have to happen for Bills to miss playoffs. Based on betting odds, assume roughly 60% chance Steelers win, 60% chance Jags win, 45% chance Bills lose. Probability of all 3 occurring and missing playoffs is (.6)*(.6)*(.45)=.162 or 16.2%.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Few are talking about

Regardless if both teams are in before the game both teams want that 2 seed very badly. It's a huge accomplishment and statement for Miami to win the AFC East. 

The number 2 seed is a huge playoff advantage vs the 6 or 7 seed. 

Both teams are going balls to the wall here to win. It will truly be a playoff atmosphere game. 

• Agree 2

Placed a good bet on the Steelers and Jags moneylines in a parlay.  That way, if both those games don't go our way, I at least get something out of it!  That said, I hope I lose my money!

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Sit Murray or Johnson? I'd sit Murray. He has been useless. Cook and Fournette offer so much more in the pass game. 

The only correct answer, is Murray. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.