Harbaugh to Bills (Would it work?)

M. Wrotto

19 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Not at all. The university and his coaches are behind him and he'll be competing for a National Championship soon.

The NCAA hasn’t even released the details. The school went from “we are going to fight this” to “we will take our medicine” in a matter of a couple of days. The evidence is overwhelming and they’ll be forced to act. Harbaugh will probably just go on his own and leave the ashes behind. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The NCAA hasn’t even released the details. The school went from “we are going to fight this” to “we will take our medicine” in a matter of a couple of days. The evidence is overwhelming and they’ll be forced to act. Harbaugh will probably just go on his own and leave the ashes behind. 

It's a massive nothingburger. dude got a slap on the wrist from the Big 10 and will be back after next week. I'd be shocked if this impacts his future with the school at all.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

If we cant get someone that is a near certainty to be an upgrade, I think this is the move

Posting to 'not lose' just like our HC. This year has been textbook example of when to move on. What about this season has looked clutch? You have to be clutch to win a SB, and we are not it

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Koufax said:

I happen to like him as a personality, and his level headed intensity and commitment to and success at playing good football.

What I like most is a .624 winning percentage and four straight playoff appearances, and five in six years.

I do not like having a HC with coordinator duties on either side of the ball.  We all know Bellichick is involved heavily in the defense, sometimes without a true DC and it works, but I don't love McD in that role.

I like his personality too. Frankly I don't get the people on here who think he's a d-bag. Guy literally stopped a football game for one of his players after a life-threatening incident. Most coaches probably continue that game. 

Now Harbaugh? He is a d-bag. Pretty big one. Can't stand the guy. But frankly if we could bring him here, I'd be for it. He's had quite a track record of success. He got to a super bowl with Colin Kaepernick, even if they came up short that's pretty impressive considering CK was later benched for Blaine Gabbert of all people.

McD has the winning percentage, but let's not pretend like Josh isn't the biggest reason for that. Look at even a great coach like Belichick without Brady. QB rules all and we have one of the best in the biz... if McD can't win it all with JA, he isn't going to win it all with anyone. How long do we stick with him purely for the culture? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Probably wouldn’t work.  They need a new approach.  I like McD’s disciplined approach, but it hasn’t exactly worked.  I’m on the Daboll train given his history here and the type of guy I think they need to change the atmosphere a little bit.  I could even live with McD/new DC/appropriate OC (Joe Brady if the year ends well) if they want to wait a year on a guy who they think is right.   But if they’re gonna clip McD, they better have a plan as to who comes in next before he’s terminated. 

On 11/27/2023 at 11:17 AM, BullBuchanan said:

It's a massive nothingburger. dude got a slap on the wrist from the Big 10 and will be back after next week. I'd be shocked if this impacts his future with the school at all.

Braylon Edwards, a former Jets WR, Michigan alum, and Big Ten Network personality, was just on The Odd Couple with Rob Broussard and Chris Parker on Fox Sports Radio. He said that the inside word is that Jim Harbaugh must win the national championship. Any loss in the finals or semi-finals would mean there is a good chance he is fired since Michigan would be disillusioned with him. So, he would then be out of a job. Not advocating for him, but the word is he must win out to save his job.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/29/2023 at 8:16 PM, chongli said:

Braylon Edwards, a former Jets WR, Michigan alum, and Big Ten Network personality, was just on The Odd Couple with Rob Broussard and Chris Parker on Fox Sports Radio. He said that the inside word is that Jim Harbaugh must win the national championship. Any loss in the finals or semi-finals would mean there is a good chance he is fired since Michigan would be disillusioned with him. So, he would then be out of a job. Not advocating for him, but the word is he must win out to save his job.

Breaking news from Braylon Edwards? Ok. Not buying any of it. Harbaugh will be there until he doesn't want to be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Breaking news from Braylon Edwards? Ok. Not buying any of it. Harbaugh will be there until he doesn't want to be.

Braylon is high. He’s beat Ohio State three straight years. He will be welcome at Michigan if he punches a nun. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/29/2023 at 9:16 PM, chongli said:

I have already seen reports from news media linking him to the Bears and Panthers as teams who will be interested in him as HC. At the very least he should have an opportunity to go back to the NFL if he wants to. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd be down, and I'm not even on the fire McD bandwagon.

Harbaugh has proven he can coach in the NFL, and what he was able to do with for Alex Smith's career and a QB like Kaepernick was nothing short of amazing.

I imagine he'd be thrilled to see what he could do with a far superior talent at QB.

On 11/27/2023 at 11:28 AM, SectionC3 said:

Probably wouldn’t work.  They need a new approach.  I like McD’s disciplined approach, but it hasn’t exactly worked.  I’m on the Daboll train given his history here and the type of guy I think they need to change the atmosphere a little bit.  I could even live with McD/new DC/appropriate OC (Joe Brady if the year ends well) if they want to wait a year on a guy who they think is right.   But if they’re gonna clip McD, they better have a plan as to who comes in next before he’s terminated. 

This year we lead the NFL in penalties.  The previous 6 years we've been one of the 6 worst penalized teams.  How is that discipline?  Harbaugh's not tolerating that type of play.

McDermott has exactly 2 game plans every week. 1) play zone all game, especially in the 4th quarter.  2) Ask Josh to heroically win the game late only to have your zone D blow the game.  That's McDermott's idea of discipline. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

No thanks.  There is no evidence to suggest he would be more than mediocre in the NFL at this point.  He has been away a long time.  He is not exactly a modern day offense type thinker, and if you watch Michigan you will note a decided lack of agressiveness in game management which is what everyone is worked up about with McD.  I would not trust my $250m QB to Jim Harbaugh.  Pass, as if this is even a remote possibility.

On 11/27/2023 at 2:17 PM, BullBuchanan said:

Shocked you say, 😂. In this day and age nothing should shock anyone,

On 12/1/2023 at 9:46 AM, Maynard said:

I’d be fine with Jim. However, I think there is no way in hell it happens. 

This is one of those things fans discuss, because it's inflammatory to discuss.

The reality is he's not going to be our next HC.  This is just another thread about nothing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don't understand Harbaugh.  I've never once listened to him and thought "Man - I'd like to hear more from him" or "I'd run through a wall for him" or "that was inspiring" or "I wouldn't mind being in the same room as him" or "wow, what a great football mind".  I always think "what a weird a** dude...." 

Obviously he wins.  So I guess thats a good track record.  But...how??...the guy just seems like a complete zero.  There must be something more to him than what I see in the public arena.

10 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

I don't understand Harbaugh.  I've never once listened to him and thought "Man - I'd like to hear more from him" or "I'd run through a wall for him" or "that was inspiring" or "I wouldn't mind being in the same room as him" or "wow, what a great football mind".  I always think "what a weird a** dude...." 

Obviously he wins.  So I guess thats a good track record.  But...how??...the guy just seems like a complete zero.  There must be something more to him than what I see in the public arena.

Did you see his coach cry while talking about him after Michigan won the first game Harbaugh was suspended?

Did you see how his players reacted?

Did you see when he took a team QB’d by ***** Colin Kaepernick to the Super Bowl and almost won?

No?

Maybe you need to start paying attention. Obviously there something to this guy. 

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Did you see his coach cry while talking about him after Michigan won the first game Harbaugh was suspended?

Did you see how his players reacted?

Did you see when he took a team QB’d by ***** Colin Kaepernick to the Super Bowl and almost won?

No?

Maybe you need to start paying attention. Obviously there something to this guy. 

Yes.  im paying attention (I was actually at the Michigan/Penn State Game).  I also paid attention when he had a sleepover with a kicking recruit.  I recall him on Saved by the Bell.  I remember him almost getting into a fight with Jim Schwartz.  I recall him picking his nose and eating it.  He tells his players not to eat chicken because it's a "nervous bird".   He ran a football camp shirtless.  Just a f'n weird persona.

But I think we agree here....he wins.  And apparently people like him.  I don't get it.  NOTHING in the public arena impresses me.  maybe he is WAYYYYY different in private.  doubt it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

No and McDemott is going nowhere.  You can vent all you want because we lost the game but McDermott will be here.

It's almost as if some of you are happy he will be back

Settling for McDermott is what people that are resigned to never winning anything do.

Enjoy the brutal playoff losses every season 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BeastMaster said:

Settling for McDermott is what people that are resigned to never winning anything do.

I didn't voice any opinion on if I want him to stay or go, I just stated a simple fact, he is NOT going anywhere their year.

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No and McDemott is going nowhere.  You can vent all you want because we lost the game but McDermott will be here.

And we will keep ******** the bed in the playoffs. Amazing how many fans are ok with just being ok.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

Bills fans I’ve spoken to seem to be split between wanting a rebuild, and others thinking we deserve a participation trophy. I think we’re stuck in an endless cycle of playoffs loses with this regime. I don’t fully understand why anyone would be afraid of some level of change. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.