Von Miller

Riverboat Ritchie

At this point. Hes not as good as either Epenesa, Groot, or Floyd. Hell, even Jonathan might be better at this point. But he’s gotta get in there and get reps. I feel like he’s getting closer to getting there. He actually sniffed the QB a few times tonight. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 12

I was mad he didn't complete the sack that would have ended the game but clearly that was a sample of his old self on that play with the twist and explosion to the QB. We should have confidence now that within the next month he may be back to his old self and that would be very welcome.

• Like (+1) 4

More noticeable today than previous weeks. Still not contributing near a level we need. Hopefully this 10 day rest helps and he’s a bigger factor in cincy. If not I can only hope the team is in a playoff run and he’s full go. Otherwise it’s a waste

14 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Thought he looked real slow and had no power to move tackle but did seem to be looking better as game went on (minus the penalty). I was though asking on if it made sense though to have him in there over epineza or Groot 

Not sure why you’re getting negative reactions, he’s not close to being what he was yet.  Doesn’t mean he won’t get there, but he’s just not there yet.  

He should still get reps though as we need to get him the opportunity to work all the way back as much as he can.

But I think AJE and Groot both should get starter level playing time until he does.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He looked better today, he was invisible at times but also he had a few flashes that he simply hasn’t shown up until tonight. That’s not saying much but it’s progress. I just look for steady progress, I think by the bye if he doesn’t look significantly better I will be concerned until then he just needs to be a serviceable rotational DE which he isn’t far off from being

• Like (+1) 1

I think once we get past our early Dec Bye Week, Von will be rounding into form. The question is how many snaps does he need, because the production is just not there at the moment. He’s making minimal impact on games, and DEs have to make a difference in critical moments.

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes he looked slow and like he's still only 60%.  I see little burst that we saw last year. Keep letting him work back with reps. I'm just praying it doesn't turn into the slow return of Tre last year.  He's gotta get to at least 90% by playoffs.

Wasn’t Tre’s ACL much worse than Von’s? Also Tre didn’t get back into the field until December whereas Von is out there now working out the rust and will have been playing for about 3 months when the playoffs come around. Hoping by the bye he is where he needs to be.

The last 10 minutes of the game there were multiple plays where he either took up blockers and another guy made the play, almost sacked Mayfield, and got held or would have probably had another sack. The Offside wasn't good, but he started to show what he's capable of when healthy. This is the first game where we've seen that. The mini bye will help, I imagine he'll be rounded into form for the last 5-6 games + playoffs. They just have to get in.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Thought he looked real slow and had no power to move tackle but did seem to be looking better as game went on (minus the penalty). I was though asking on if it made sense though to have him in there over epineza or Groot 

Yes, on one of his early snaps, I thought he looked just as slow as me.

4 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

He was absolutely mauled on the 2nd to last play from scrimmage.  Not sure how that wasn't a hold.

It was 100% a hold. Von did look quicker tonight but I agree his bend isn’t there yet. It will be soon enough. Mayfield did a good job getting away from pressure because our pass rush was resilient last night just didn’t close very often 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

He’s still working his way back to 💯…… of course he doesn’t look 💯 

think big picture……not week 8

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He does look slow with nk knee bend.  As one poster said, this is his training camp.

I thought he looked his best since returning to the field

• Like (+1) 1

Eh I liked what I saw last night

maybe I’m stupid but I’m not going to be hard on the guy becuase he makes a lot of money

hes always been distributive and he is getting it back - last night nearly sealed the win twice - once chased a rush throw that poyer should have picked

and the other should’ve been sack but refs let it go for baker to throw it

• Like (+1) 2

I think it’s funny that so many people in this thread are good with Von slowly working his way back into form so that he is ready for the playoffs. The Bills really need help now to make the playoffs. With their remaining schedule they’re going to be in a dogfight to get in.

If there is anyone else available who can help then they need to activate him and keep Von on the bench.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mrags said:

At this point. Hes not as good as either Epenesa, Groot, or Floyd. Hell, even Jonathan might be better at this point. But he’s gotta get in there and get reps. I feel like he’s getting closer to getting there. He actually sniffed the QB a few times tonight. 

At this point. I think Von will settle into his own later in the season which is perfect. I think the offense is good enough to carry the defense until that happens. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.