Bills lose Eli Ankou to Falcons, signed off Bills PS

PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hope he hangs Arthur Smith upside down over a hotel railing by his ankles and shakes him until he agrees to make Kyle Pitts a featured part of the Falcons offense.

Yeah, I drafted him too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hope he hangs Arthur Smith upside down over a hotel railing by his ankles and shakes him until he agrees to make Kyle Pitts a featured part of the Falcons offense.

Arthur Moats: Kyle Pitts? Is that the guy we've got locked up in our basement?

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Bills could waive someone and promote him to 53 man roster but who on 53 has shown not enough tp risk being waived and put on PS?

Poona Ford. I would have done that in preseason.

This is disappointing, Ankou was a monster in preseason and clearly outplayed Ford.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Just make sure we don’t lose Kingsley Jonathan. He is a junkyard dog. Great depth lineman.

Jonathan is one-dimensional, upfield pass rusher. He gets demolished in the run game. He'll be dropped when Miller is activated (or Ford. Please Ford). Ankou was very good in his appearances against both run and pass.

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Makes room for the CB they just signed 

They already dropped Ateman, a big-body WR with nice hands. I wonder if they called his cell and told him to turn around and come back?

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Just make sure we don’t lose Kingsley Jonathan. He is a junkyard dog. Great depth lineman.

He’s a tricky one because he seems like the logical choice to get cut, but he has multiple years under Bills control … and there’s no guarantee Epenesa, Floyd and/or Lawson are back next year. 

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He’s a tricky one because he seems like the logical choice to get cut, but he has multiple years under Bills control … and there’s no guarantee Epenesa, Floyd and/or Lawson are back next year. 

Just remember this conversation. Jonathan will be a productive NFL lineman for us or someone else. Every time he sees the field he’s either pressuring he QB and forcing a throwaway or beating an O-lineman in his one on one battle. He just needs playing time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

He'll be cut in a month or two and back on the Bills' PS by mid-December

Or he plays well in Atlanta he earns a nice lil contract from Falcons.  Wish him well and yes if he gets cut likely gets offered a place on our ps again...

37 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Jonathan would be signed elsewhere the second he was put on the practice squad. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

This is disappointing, Ankou was a monster in preseason and clearly outplayed Ford.

I really do not mind these end of the roster guys. If we were ever at a point where we needed significant contributions out of them, season is probably doomed anyway.

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

The Bills are not cutting Jonathan IMO. I think they really like his upside and have a pretty stong belief he wouldn't make it through waivers.

5 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Jonathan would be signed elsewhere the second he was put on the practice squad. 

I think this is the Bills' belief too. It happened last year with the Bears and he has some actual live snaps in games since then. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Jonathan is one-dimensional, upfield pass rusher. He gets demolished in the run game. He'll be dropped when Miller is activated (or Ford. Please Ford). Ankou was very good in his appearances against both run and pass.

Tre to IR leaves a spot on the 53 so no one needs to be moved.

9 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Yeah, let's base all our roster decisions on preseason snaps...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.