Davante Adams trade speculation…UPDATE: Schefter says no chance he is traded today (link pg 17)

Alphadawg7

There seems to be a growing sentiment that Adams may want out and that Raiders could explore a trade.

Im not normally one to say go get someone like him between trade costs and cap space…but, he’s still dominant and a duo of him and Diggs with Allen at QB would be unreal.  

Now let me be clear, I’m fully aware the odds of this are slim to none, especially from a cap perspective, and I think the Bills are fine right now in terms of overall weapons anyway.  But Bills were a team mentioned as one of 7 in a report talking about who should pursue him if traded and that just got me day dreaming of Diggs and Adams lined up on the field together with Allen 🤤

But hey, even though I know it won’t likely happen…let’s pretend Beane made the cap stuff work and wanted to pull the trigger…I would offer them Davis and our 2024 2nd without a second thought.  

A guy can dream can’t he lol

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10091109-7-nfl-teams-that-should-pursue-trade-for-raiders-davante-adams

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There seems to be a growing sentiment that Adams may want out and that Raiders could explore a trade.

Im not normally one to say go get someone like him between trade costs and cap space…but, he’s still dominant and a duo of him and Diggs with Allen at QB would be unreal.  

Now let me be clear, I’m fully aware the odds of this are slim to none, and I think the Bills are fine right now in terms of overall weapons anyway.  But Bills were a team mentioned as one of 7 in a report talking about who should pursue him if traded and that just got me day dreaming of Diggs and Adams lined up on the field together with Allen 🤤

But hey, even though I know it won’t likely happen…let’s pretend it could and I would say give them Davis and our 2024 2nd.  Then let Beane figure out the cap stuff.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10091109-7-nfl-teams-that-should-pursue-trade-for-raiders-davante-adams

You could probably throw Elam in there too seeing that he's inactive every week 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

We can have Rapp pick him up from the airport. They've met before, I believe.😂

In seriousness there are 2 reasons I'd love this and 2 reasons I'd hate this.

Love:

1. This matchup nightmares it would give. Who do you double? How do you cover them both, out TEs and Cook outta the backfield?

2.  It would be an "all in" moment. Something big and splashy and that's just fun. A new toy on offense always breeds excitement.

Hate:

1. Never liked Adams. Always comes across as a "me first" kind of guy. Not sure how well that would blend.

2. I happen to have Adams and Diggs as my WRs in fantasy. Really could use them each being their teams #2 guy unquestionably.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Now let me be clear, I’m fully aware the odds of this are slim to none, especially from a cap perspective, and I think the Bills are fine right now in terms of overall weapons anyway.  But Bills were a team mentioned as one of 7 in a report talking about who should pursue him if traded and that just got me day dreaming of Diggs and Adams lined up on the field together with Allen 🤤

But hey, even though I know it won’t likely happen…let’s pretend Beane made the cap stuff work and wanted to pull the trigger…I would offer them Davis and our 2024 2nd without a second thought.  

I would offer them the entire draft class

• Like (+1) 1

With respect to in-season trade targets I would rather have Mike Evans, and Mike Evans is more realistic IMO.

I think the Bills want someone who can accept being #2 on our team, have a contract that overlaps Diggs by a year at least (for Diggs insurance- he has shown some stability problems, much as D Adams is kind of doing).  And there is a budget, probably a flexible budget but it doesn't seem to be unlimited.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Love:

1. This matchup nightmares it would give. Who do you double? How do you cover them both, out TEs and Cook outta the backfield?

2.  It would be an "all in" moment. Something big and splashy and that's just fun. A new toy on offense always breeds excitement.

Hate:

1. Never liked Adams. Always comes across as a "me first" kind of guy. Not sure how well that would blend.

2. I happen to have Adams and Diggs as my WRs in fantasy. Really could use them each being their teams #2 guy unquestionably.

I’d love it for one reason and hate it for one reason.

Love:  We’d be the best team and would win the SB if the right guys remain healthy.

Hate:  stressing about whether or not Beane can limit the cap hell to just one season 6-7 years down the road.  

Trading for davante feels like the ultimate all in.  All ins scare me.  Unpredictable injuries can wipe out any chances.  

To date, I think Beane has toed the line between staying long term competitive and all in very well.  

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Harty and a 5th

Ha....last year every trade rumor, there would always be someone to call for Zack Moss and a fifth to be traded for whoever. Then, crazy enough Hines was acquired for Zack Moss and a fifth!

Are you trying to make Harty the new Zack Moss??🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If the Dolphins score a lot of points on Sunday and the Bills offense is just incapable of keeping up, there will be a lot of people agreeing with you by next week

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

39 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Love:

Hate:

At conclusion, your fantasy team and the potential detriment to the scoring is the only reason this trade will not be processed or attempted. Thank god you posted this!

• Haha (+1) 2

Let me start by saying I love me some Diggs. But I’d consider a multi-team trade or swap straight up that includes him. It might just be all of the off-season chatter. But Diggs seems unhappy to me. 

He just seems bummed, even when he makes a play. Maybe it’s in my head, but if he does want out, Adams makes a lot of sense. Don’t see Diggs wanting to go to the Raiders which is why I think a multi-team trade would make more sense. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Dislike 3

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I'll take Renfrow

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

Mike Evans for a third (and a sweetener if necessary) is what I’m pounding the table for.  I’d like to think BBB had this in mind when navigating 2023 free agency and preserving the Edmunds third round comp pick…

Totally with you on this. Mike Evans seems like a great guy, easy to root for, ready to accept a WR2ish role (already kind of doing it in Tampa).

Got to hope for the Tampa collapse continuing, losing 4 out of the next 5.  Culminating with a thorough butt whipping by the Bills on Thursday night right before the trade deadline.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’d love it for one reason and hate it for one reason.

Love:  We’d be the best team and would win the SB if the right guys remain healthy.

Hate:  stressing about whether or not Beane can limit the cap hell to just one season 6-7 years down the road.  

Trading for davante feels like the ultimate all in.  All ins scare me.  Unpredictable injuries can wipe out any chances.  

To date, I think Beane has toed the line between staying long term competitive and all in very well.  

The Rams went all in when they acquired Von & OBJ.  So if someone is willing to renegotiate their contract,  maybe it's feasible?  And this argument that Gabe is already our WR2 is silly. Gabe's as much a WR3 this year as any other year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.