Davante Adams trade speculation…UPDATE: Schefter says no chance he is traded today (link pg 17)

Alphadawg7

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I highly doubt they replace Davis in season. 

He wouldn't be replaced he'd still play 70% of the snaps and at the same boundary position, most likely.

Adams and Diggs would likely take turns on the inside........which would be torture for most defenses.

They'd probably be a bit less inclined to run 2 TE and Shakir/Sharty/Sherfield would get less snaps but that would be a positive development given what we have seen of them.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He wouldn't be replaced he'd still play 70% of the snaps and at the same boundary position, most likely.

Adams and Diggs would likely take turns on the inside........which would be torture for most defenses.

They'd probably be a bit less inclined to run 2 TE and Shakir/Sharty/Sherfield would get less snaps but that would be a positive development given what we have seen of them.

We are incapable of moving Diggs around as the offense currently exists 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gregg said:

If Beane makes a trade it is going to be help for the defense.

You might be right............but that's why they drafted guys like Kaiir Elam and Dorian Williams.........to start at those positions.   They don't have that guy at WR and making your QB look as good as you can is the most productive use of assets an organization can make.    If they need a DT1T they can call one of the street free agents like Philadelphia did last year when their run defense was a sieve heading into December.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Vegas is cooked and likely to be sellers soon.  Gabe is average.  We need someone who can win quick. 

Score 40 a game and see who can keep up.  

If we could afford him for sure I'd rid myself of Gabe. 

But the Bills don't have any cap space, unless the Raiders want to take Von and Knox to make up the difference. 

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

If we could afford him for sure I'd rid myself of Gabe. 

But the Bills don't have any cap space, unless the Raiders want to take Von and Knox to make up the difference. 

No, they wouldn't need much cap space to take on Adams this season.   He will only have about $3M in unamortized salary by mid-season.   

• Agree 1

Cooper Kupp.

I know, I know, it sounds ridiculous and probably wouldn't happen.

However, Kupp is 30, the legendary Puka Nacua is on the rise, and while the Rams are doing alright, will they really be playoff contenders?

Rams are looking to get younger and they will need draft picks.

Just a thought. 

55 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Adam's would get open on his own tbh lol. Only way dorsey could mess Adam's being on this team up would him not being on the field.

That was the story about Hines as well and Dorsey couldn’t use him.  Let’s face it our OC a is at best a JV football coach

1 minute ago, Xwnyer said:

That was the story about Hines as well and Dorsey couldn’t use him.  Let’s face it our OC a is at best a JV football coach

Adam's is far and above the player Hines is. If Devonte Adam's is on the field he is going to make plays. Dorsey is an issue for sure but not even he would screw up what Adam's would bring to this offense.

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No, they wouldn't need much cap space to take on Adams this season.   He will only have about $3M in unamortized salary by mid-season.   

Well if that’s the case then by all means do what it takes to get that done.

Adams is still in his prime (late).

And that’s two elite route runners, gets Gabe Davis off the field. 

If we could make it work, do it. 

I think it would take a 1st, or a 2nd and another piece. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

With all due respect, does anyone ever look at our cap before they think this would ever happen? 

47 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Adams whole family are Raiders fans. 

He's not leaving LV until he retires. 

I don’t think that matters at all. That said, they are a game behind us. They aren’t doing a fire sale 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

With all due respect, does anyone ever look at our cap before they think this would ever happen? 

Adams cap hit this year is 6 million, so less than that and Raiders could eat more.

Get on the phone right now and make a deal Beane 

49 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Adams whole family are Raiders fans. 

He's not leaving LV until he retires. 

His family got to see him with the Raiders

now time to join Josh Allen & Diggs 

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Adams cap hit this year is 6 million, so less than that and Raiders could eat more.

Get on the phone right now and make a deal Beane 

His family got to see him with the Raiders

now time to join Josh Allen & Diggs 

So you want to give them a 1st? Because they are one game back in the playoffs (they are frauds but they don’t think that) and aren’t going to give him away. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

So you want to give them a 1st? Because they are one game back in the playoffs (they are frauds but they don’t think that) and aren’t going to give him away. 

Adams is absolutely worth a 1st to the Bills offense. My goodness him and Diggs would be ridiculous 

99.5% chance it never happens

but one can dream

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They are indeed frauds but they have six highly winnable games left: Bears, Giants, Jets at home, Vikings, Colts, and Broncos, plus maybe they get lucky at home vs the Chargers. They could very conceivably win 9-10 games and get into the playoffs, and you just know that for McDaniel, that's everything. It'll save his job. He's not trading their best player!

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Offer all of our other receivers, Elam and some picks. We will never beat elite teams with just Diggs and a collection of #3s.4s & 5 receivers. 

Ageed.  I can't think of any elite teams with on elite receiving weapon and a bunch of mids!

lol, this place is bonkers

it probably is impossible, even if we had something to trade for him and he wanted to come here, due to the cap.

that said, diggs addams and davis, w kinkaid and cook and allen is a legit unstoppable O.  in games where we play bad like we did vs jags, giants, and jets, we'd still put up 30+ points.

Just now, SWATeam said:

Ageed.  I can't think of any elite teams with on elite receiving weapon and a bunch of mids!

lol, this place is bonkers

Other teams have receivers other than their #1 that actually get open. We do not.  We force Josh to throw pinpoint lasers to covered guys repeatedly. If you're happy with our current weapons, maybe you should reexamine what it means to be bonkers. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Adams is absolutely worth a 1st to the Bills offense. My goodness him and Diggs would be ridiculous 

99.5% chance it never happens

but one can dream

He’s worth even more than a first, considering the Bills will have a very late first.

Biggest issue would be cap. But like someone else said, Raiders are still very much in the playoff hunt. No way he goes anywhere.

I think the lack of quality secondary players available is WHY you bring someone like an Adams in.

Defense isn't going to be bolstered to the point of making much impact, so run with it.   

Just make sure you score more points... i.e. bring in offensive weapons.

Would be ALL for this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.