Davante Adams trade speculation…UPDATE: Schefter says no chance he is traded today (link pg 17)

Alphadawg7

On 9/29/2023 at 2:38 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

There seems to be a growing sentiment that Adams may want out and that Raiders could explore a trade.

Im not normally one to say go get someone like him between trade costs and cap space…but, he’s still dominant and a duo of him and Diggs with Allen at QB would be unreal.  

Now let me be clear, I’m fully aware the odds of this are slim to none, especially from a cap perspective, and I think the Bills are fine right now in terms of overall weapons anyway.  But Bills were a team mentioned as one of 7 in a report talking about who should pursue him if traded and that just got me day dreaming of Diggs and Adams lined up on the field together with Allen 🤤

But hey, even though I know it won’t likely happen…let’s pretend Beane made the cap stuff work and wanted to pull the trigger…I would offer them Davis and our 2024 2nd without a second thought.  

A guy can dream can’t he lol

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10091109-7-nfl-teams-that-should-pursue-trade-for-raiders-davante-adams

I'm assuming that Devante got a BIG signing bonus when he signed with DA Raiders.  So his cap number might not be as bad as we think it would be.

Doesn't hurt to kick the tires on that one.  He would definitely be worth a 1st or 2nd round pick IMO.

On 9/29/2023 at 3:38 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

There seems to be a growing sentiment that Adams may want out and that Raiders could explore a trade.

Im not normally one to say go get someone like him between trade costs and cap space…but, he’s still dominant and a duo of him and Diggs with Allen at QB would be unreal.  

Now let me be clear, I’m fully aware the odds of this are slim to none, especially from a cap perspective, and I think the Bills are fine right now in terms of overall weapons anyway.  But Bills were a team mentioned as one of 7 in a report talking about who should pursue him if traded and that just got me day dreaming of Diggs and Adams lined up on the field together with Allen 🤤

But hey, even though I know it won’t likely happen…let’s pretend Beane made the cap stuff work and wanted to pull the trigger…I would offer them Davis and our 2024 2nd without a second thought.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10091109-7-nfl-teams-that-should-pursue-trade-for-raiders-davante-adams

There is zero chance of Adams getting traded to Buffalo.  There’s no way they can make it work with the cap and they don’t want to pay 2 WR’s top 5 WR money when 1 is going to be WR2.  Plus they still believe in Gabe Davis.  

It’s not happening

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Ya I’d love see him in a Pats uniform. Because if Mac is still

Meh..  we know he isn’t the answer. But BB never do it even with all the cap space the team has next year 

Edited by PatsFanNH

47 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

There is zero chance of Adams getting traded to Buffalo.  There’s no way they can make it work with the cap and they don’t want to pay 2 WR’s top 5 WR money when 1 is going to be WR2.  Plus they still believe in Gabe Davis.  

It’s not happening

Just let the people dream man

• Agree 1

Feels like he's kind of been visibly wearing his frustration almost since he got there. Isn't he a good part of the reason why Carr is gone? Blech, can't do it for that alone, even if it is all fantasy. He's still a game changing mutant though.

Almost has a potential Detroit debacle written all over it. Watch him head there, the team falls short in the playoffs, and he subsequently turns Goff back into a mess again putting Detroit back to QB square one. 

Edited by Nelius

7 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Meh..  we know he isn’t the answer. But BB never do it even with all the cap space the team has next year 

How many “if Mac is still meh” excuses are you going to come up with before you see that your QB is just a mediocre QB? Not bad enough to let you draft high. Not good enough to get you anywhere. That’s what your QB is. Last season you said the same exact line but replace receiver with OC. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

How many “if Mac is still meh” excuses are you going to come up with before you see that your QB is just a mediocre QB? Not bad enough to let you draft high. Not good enough to get you anywhere. That’s what your QB is. Last season you said the same exact line but replace receiver with OC. 

Let’s see rookie year he wasn’t meh, last year with dumb and dumber he regressed a lot as did the entire O. This year so far he been a top 10 passer with no O line in front of him, (which shows stats don’t tell everything. Be interesting to see what he be like with a true #1 WR. After all There is not even one great QB in this league who doesn’t at least have 1 great WR with him. 

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Reportedly, Adams wants to win…that rules out the Pats…

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why would an expiring contract Gabe Davis have any value at all to a team that's not in contention?    If you are going that route it has to be a 3 team trade that would send Davis to a contender.

But Davante Adams is at worst the 2nd best WR in the NFL......literally 3 straight first team All Pro seasons.......and is still in his prime and absurdly good.........suggesting that just a second round pick and an expiring contract would even be a remote possibility is just ignorant.

As for the cap.........the cap can work for Buffalo.........his deal can be re-structured in 2024 because his 2024 cap number is low enough to be adjusted with some void years and a signing bonus.    After that you release him or tear up his deal and give him a new one.   It was clearly intended to be a 3 year deal when signed in 2022 just with incredibly large team options starting in 2025 which would necessitate a re-negotiation or his release.

The Raiders are the ones who would have a hard time figuring out the cap hit to them.........not the Bills.

You're certainly right about the Raiders being destroyed by massive dead cap if they did this, another reason it won't happen.

I'm talking about the Bills not being able to keep him for the length of this contract. It's simply and completely prohibitive. You say they could give him a new deal, but that simply isn't realistic. He's due $35M each of those last two years. Not do-able when you count in the cap problems that would result. Davante has never struck me as a guy who'd be cool with giving his team a discount. 

Why would Gabe on an expiring contract have any value to a team that's not in contention, you ask? Because you get to give him a contract and maybe sign him for a new contract if you like him, that's why.

In any case, I didn't suggest the deal. I just agreed that it would be a good one for the Bills IF we could completely overlook cap implications. 

But yes,cap implications on both sides will make this deal, and picking up Adams untenable.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Let’s see rookie year he wasn’t meh, last year with dumb and dumber he regressed a lot as did the entire O. This year so far he been a top 10 passer with no O line in front of him, (which shows stats don’t tell everything. Be interesting to see what he be like with a true #1 WR. After all There is not even one great QB in this league who doesn’t at least have 1 great WR with him. 

I'm not as down on Mac as many here. I hope he ends up sucking, as I hate the Pats that much.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As much as I like Evans I think you are a bit dug in on this idea if you wouldn't prefer the GREAT Adams to the very good Mike Evans........and also think acquiring an impending free agent would be better for the budget than a guy like Adams who would have only about $20M in cap hits combined in 2023-2024.    Mike Evans is probably looking for something like 4 years $80M+ on the open market.

I don't see how you think D Adams would come cheaper than M Evans.

M Evans might get 4 yrs $80M if he hits the open market, but he also might not.   OBJ and DHop did not.  With this consideration in mind, M Evans might accept something in their range $15M/yr- especially if he gets to play for the Bills, a team that is an ideal match for him.  This is an advantage of trading for him. 

D Adams doesn't seem like the type to take less money.  D Adams comes across as a bit of a diva.  I think it would be a risk to the culture to even try and put together two WRs who both want to be #1.  There have been some small little fires with Diggs, adding Adams doubles that.  M Evans seems to be a great guy, who seems to have a better understanding of team chemistry and would be coming in for the #2 role.

My only questions are

Where are we going to get the money from?

And there is only one football?

And as Simon post says are right tackle s u c k s and we have to have te rb chip to help out.  Which FYI causes 🤔 wr and te route to be smaller. With no crossers

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

He was mediocre his rookie year too. 22 TD's and 13 INT's. That's fine for a rookie, but for a starting QB in the NFL that is mediocre.

Mac came into the league already at his level of potential. He is capped by his physical limitations.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

He was mediocre his rookie year too. 22 TD's and 13 INT's. That's fine for a rookie, but for a starting QB in the NFL that is mediocre.

Mac came into the league already at his level of potential. He is capped by his physical limitations.

That was damn good for a rookie with zero weapons. Like I said I just want see what he is like with just one elite weapon. 

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That was damn good for a rookie with zero weapons. Like I said I just want see what he is like with just one elite weapon. 

He'll still look like a golfer with a bag full of 8 irons

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

Feels like he's kind of been visibly wearing his frustration almost since he got there. Isn't he a good part of the reason why Carr is gone? Blech, can't do it for that alone, even if it is all fantasy. He's still a game changing mutant though.

Almost has a potential Detroit debacle written all over it. Watch him head there, the team falls short in the playoffs, and he subsequently turns Goff back into a mess again putting Detroit back to QB square one. 

Not sure about that. Him and Carr were good buddies. Played at Fresno State together I believe. Unless they had a falling apart? Not sure. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills fan, coming in peace...... this is new to you, so let a Bills fan who's not, help you out here. I know you BELIEVE this, hell..... i still think Trent Edwards woulda been the answer if Adrian Wilson hadnt scrambled his brains lol but i promise you, youll be better off the sooner you admit to yourself that when you see a QB of the future: A. You will know, no second guessing and B. It won't matter if your #1/#2 is Kelvin Benjamin/Zay Jones lol again you'll be able to tell without a bringing in a Titanic WR

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trent Edwards, Rob Johnson, Kelly Holcomb, Alex Van Pelt, oh JP Losman.... we've been there, and like a battered who wife WHO REALLY BELIEVES HIM THIS TIME, Mac will have you wearing another shiner (or maybe just some swollen testicles) next week/month/year.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

and last year you said exactly that about OC... "I just want to see what he looks like with a real OC."  Every year you are going to be making these comments. Next year it will be... "I just want to see what he looks like with a good LT."  He is an average mediocre QB.  Thats all he will ever be. Ryan Fitzpatrick.

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Bills fan, coming in peace...... this is new to you, so let a Bills fan who's not, help you out here. I know you BELIEVE this, hell..... i still think Trent Edwards woulda been the answer if Adrian Wilson hadnt scrambled his brains lol but i promise you, youll be better off the sooner you admit to yourself that when you see a QB of the future: A. You will know, no second guessing and B. It won't matter if your #1/#2 is Kelvin Benjamin/Zay Jones lol again you'll be able to tell without a bringing in a Titanic WR

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trent Edwards, Rob Johnson, Kelly Holcomb, Alex Van Pelt, oh JP Losman.... we've been there, and like a battered who wife WHO REALLY BELIEVES HIM THIS TIME, Mac will have you wearing another shiner (or maybe just some swollen testicles) next week/month/year.

Lol it’s been awhile for me but I loved threw the late 80’s and early 90’s as a fan and had to listen to talks about the team possibly moving to St Louis before Kraft bought them. 

That said he feels like a tease, I still would love a real weapon at WR again, the Pats haven’t had a true #1 WR since Moss? (Edelman was amazing but he was definitely a 2) 

Like I always say win or lose I still have to go to work tomorrow and every day till I win that big powerball lmbo.. 

51 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

and last year you said exactly that about OC... "I just want to see what he looks like with a real OC."  Every year you are going to be making these comments. Next year it will be... "I just want to see what he looks like with a good LT."  He is an average mediocre QB.  Thats all he will ever be. Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Nope I did see him with a good OC that was his rookie year.. last year was just awful period.. this year who knows, he has faced some nasty d 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol it’s been awhile for me but I loved threw the late 80’s and early 90’s as a fan and had to listen to talks about the team possibly moving to St Louis before Kraft bought them. 

That said he feels like a tease, I still would love a real weapon at WR again, the Pats haven’t had a true #1 WR since Moss? (Edelman was amazing but he was definitely a 2) 

Like I always say win or lose I still have to go to work tomorrow and every day till I win that big powerball lmbo.. 

Nope I did see him with a good OC that was his rookie year.. last year was just awful period.. this year who knows, he has faced some nasty d 

Yes you did man.  I'm in a middle of a game or id find it.

Could put us over the top, im in

On 9/30/2023 at 1:17 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

Not a Cap guy. Choosing to ignore that for the thought Experiment.

Gabe, Tre White, 2024 #2 & 3.

If that doesn't create a Lombardi, Dorsey must go and Pegula should start digging a well for OC salary. Go proven because you must pull a Lombardi outta a trade like that, With this roster 

See, im a genius, shoulda done it lol

9 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I don't see how you think D Adams would come cheaper than M Evans.

M Evans might get 4 yrs $80M if he hits the open market, but he also might not.   OBJ and DHop did not.  With this consideration in mind, M Evans might accept something in their range $15M/yr- especially if he gets to play for the Bills, a team that is an ideal match for him.  This is an advantage of trading for him. 

D Adams doesn't seem like the type to take less money.  D Adams comes across as a bit of a diva.  I think it would be a risk to the culture to even try and put together two WRs who both want to be #1.  There have been some small little fires with Diggs, adding Adams doubles that.  M Evans seems to be a great guy, who seems to have a better understanding of team chemistry and would be coming in for the #2 role.

Evans agent wants him to be paid like a top 5 receiver..........that's why Tampa hasn't extended him.........you've followed his situation close enough you should know that $15M per ain't gonna' cut it.

OBJ and DHop were damaged goods for whom there was some question whether they would bounce back..........Evans is nowhere near Adams as a WR at this point(he had almost 400 less yards and 8 less TD's last season) but he is still an actual 1,000 yard high producing WR.......... so OBJ and DHop aren't comps.

So yeah,   I think the impending free agent Evans will cost the Bills a lot more than the just $20M in cap hits that Adams would over the next season and a half.

As for Adams seeming like something or another.........he wasn't a problem in Green Bay.   He wanted to get paid but all WR's do.   The idea that he couldn't share the spotlight with Diggs(or the opposite) is baseless speculation.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Evans agent wants him to be paid like a top 5 receiver..........that's why Tampa hasn't extended him.........you've followed his situation close enough you should know that $15M per ain't gonna' cut it.

OBJ and DHop were damaged goods for whom there was some question whether they would bounce back..........Evans is nowhere near Adams as a WR at this point(he had almost 400 less yards and 8 less TD's last season) but he is still an actual 1,000 yard high producing WR.......... so OBJ and DHop aren't comps.

So yeah,   I think the impending free agent Evans will cost the Bills a lot more than the just $20M in cap hits that Adams would over the next season and a half.

As for Adams seeming like something or another.........he wasn't a problem in Green Bay.   He wanted to get paid but all WR's do.   The idea that he couldn't share the spotlight with Diggs(or the opposite) is baseless speculation.

Adams’ has probably had enough of losing and Raiders culture to not care about sharing catches if it means winning and keeping his paychecks the same. Dude got accustomed to a winning culture and wants to be in one. Diggs probably wouldn’t care about sharing the spotlight either if the result was a SB. They’ve both been paid. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.