2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Josh playing very shaky. He needs to settle down. Let’s hope they can look at this film and figure things out.

Disagree on ‘very shaky’. He engineered an 11 minute scoring drive and ran judicially. Was the int dumb? Eh, could a punt have been better?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't think he's playing poorly. He has made some nice plays. He's on the road vs a very good D. He's under a bit of pressure too. 

I think he has been poor balanced out by an incredible touchdown play. The pick he bailed a clean pocket and threy back across his body into double coverage and then he was lucky not to throw a 2nd one trying to fit a ball into triple coverage. He isn't in rhythm. He needs to chill out, not play the reputation of the Jets defense and play the downs as they develop. 

I will say he hasn't been helped by inconsistent play calling.

Just now, AmishRifle said:

Schefty was being apoplectic at halftime.  Wow!

Schefty is such a tool. That was comical. All these media hacks actually believing that hype and talk mean something or could somehow prevent what happened or god forbid the Jets actually losing this one. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

With the others team’s QB going down and Zach Wilson throwing a bad pick. Cmon. Allen looks lost. Offense still doesn’t look good minus a couple good runs and 2 nice throws one to Gabe and one to diggs. 

Maybe take up watching tennis, man 

Just now, boyst said:

Home and able to watch focused.

Anyone want me to break down X's and O's on a deep level or watch anything?

Bills started with shades of 2019 and 2020. 2019, short passing plays starting with a slant to Diggs, flare route to Harty, back to Knox. 

2020, a lot of spread offense early, with 3-4 wides. 

Allen had one of his best throws in awhile, reminiscent of the Gabe Davis dagger against the 49ers, but this was back the other way in between 3 Jets for a 26-yard gain.

Mixing in Cook in variety of different looks on the ground. He got 8 carries, best run was a sweep right to the outside for 11.  

Bernard stinks, gets completely swallowed, is an effective blitzer. 

Milano's closing speed is noticeable. 

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm good with that half.  This is one of the toughest defenses we are going to face.  Bills still working out kinks.  All they need to do is play smart and not turnover the ball.

I'm one of the worst Bills critics here. 

I thought it was a good first half for the Bills. Sure it could have been better but overall pretty solid. 

Let's not forget the Jets D is really good. 

Josh a few bad throws, run defense not looking good, Josh taking what the Jets D is giving him, Diggs looks really sharp, Cook and Kincaid look good, and the Bills D looks more aggressive. Helps that Rodgers is out. 

A solid half here and the Bills should get a very nice win. 

• Like (+1) 2