Your HC choice in SB game

Italian Bills

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Belichick.

He’s the greatest to ever coach.

Even now, if you look at the crap he has on that Patriots roster, how he got them to the playoffs in 2021 and close in 2022 is impressive.

Still waiting to see how many draft picks they have to give up for cheating those 2 years only to get them back as comp picks in the early 3rd round for.... reasons.

All jokes aside, I honestly think Pederson is doing something down south that is going to catch a lot of attention and is in contention for the #1 seed.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Pete Carrol doesn’t get enough recognition.

But I’m taking Belichick. He’s a mastermind.

He got plenty recognition down 4 points and calling a slant from the 1 yard line while having Marshawn Lynch over 100 yards averaging over 4 per carry.

Genius😂

Bill Belichick. If he and the Pats ever parted ways, I would kick McDermott to the curb in a NY minute. Bill + Josh = Super Bowl championship and maybe multiple Super Bowl championships depending on how long Bill would want to coach.

Seriously - I would pick Doug Pederson - he won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles at QB. Maybe Bill Parsells - he won one with Jeff Hostetler at QB. That seems like a better coaching job in the big game than trotting out Brady or Mahomes as your QB.  

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Belichick

Harbaugh

Reid

Shanahan

McVay

In that order. 

You beat me to being the first to mention Harbaugh. He is definitely on the list.

I'm not as sold on McVay, but I get why you put him on your list.

I think mine would be:

Reid

Belichick

Harbaugh

Shanahan

Honorable Mention: Pete Carroll

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, NUT said:

Belichick would have already won 2 SB's with Allen, McDermott will win exactly zero.

I don’t know about 2 but I do think we have at least 1 trophy if Belichick was our coach.

The amount of rules that the NFL have had to change in order to counteract Belichick’s tactical scheming is incredible.

8 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Simple question:

who would you want as the Bills HC in an hypothetically SB game ? 

Who do you think it would be the best one in that game ? 

The choice has to be between coaches still in action, retired ones doesn’t count. 

Some here will say McDermott.

That’s how much he’s loved for breaking the “drought” even tho it was Andy Dalton.

Then, Josh Allen arrived.

38 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Sean Payton.  With this current roster and 2 weeks to game plan, he'd be hard to beat.  

I really liked how aggressive he was in 2010 vs Peyton and the Colts.  

Imagine if he ever became available to come coach here?

Would be amazing…

I've always felt in the 4 SB the Bills went to if you had reversed the head coaches in any of them, the Bills would have won the game.

But also felt there is no way any of these other coaches ever would have got the Bills to 4 SB's in a row.

I see many people listing Andy Reid. Took him 21 seasons to win it, but many here are critical of McD

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Sean Payton.  With this current roster and 2 weeks to game plan, he'd be hard to beat.  

I really liked how aggressive he was in 2010 vs Peyton and the Colts.  

Have to disagree here.  He had Brees for about 12 seasons with that offensive talent and lost constantly in the playoffs, especially against lesser QB's like Case Keenum.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.